Post by Padmachou »

It is official, we made speculations about it and we were right :D

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Congrats to Luca, something to look forward too;
What Happens Next?
From all the entries we receive, five boys and five girls will be chosen to sing at the televised semi-finals in front of a panel of judges. Then, three boys and three girls will be chosen by the judges to sing again in the television and radio recorded final. One singer will be crowned BBC Young Chorister Of The Year 2022, and a second singer will be the Runner-Up.
Fingers crossed he makes the final 6.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articl ... -year-2022
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I wonder if he will be listed as being from the choir of St Philip's Church, or as a member of Libera. I'm thinking that it would be the former, since their identity as Libera is supposedly separate from their identity as a choir that sings at Sunday liturgies. Also, it seems that he just crossed the halfway point in his fundraiser for recording an album. That said, the second half of fundraising will probably be a greater challenge than the first half.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:46 pm">1 year ago</span> Also, it seems that he just crossed the halfway point in his fundraiser for recording an album. That said, the second half of fundraising will probably be a greater challenge than the first half.
He's done it with only 78 backers. I wonder what would happen if everyone who reads this forum pledged just £5.
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Cai Thomas got to the half-way point with 62 backers but only 10 days remaining.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cai-t ... ai-thomas/

It seems he was featured several times in local newspapers and radio etc, each of which gave him a boost.

I tend to pledge nearer the end of these things, as I'm always indecisive as to how much to donate.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

j8000 wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:47 am">1 year ago</span> Cai Thomas got to the half-way point with 62 backers but only 10 days remaining.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cai-t ... ai-thomas/

It seems he was featured several times in local newspapers and radio etc, each of which gave him a boost.

I tend to pledge nearer the end of these things, as I'm always indecisive as to how much to donate.
I also tend to pledge near the end for the same reason. At a minimum I will definitely get his CD, but the longer I leave it the higher the chance I might have a moment of madness and pledge more. According to my kickstart history I threw in an extra £50 as a donation to my Cai album pledge, presumably to help it over the line. Don't even remember doing that, lol.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luca will be on BBC Radio Sussex at 11:00 AM today...

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Uploaded to YouTube :wink:

Also a news article about him as well.

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Question: Should we open a dedicated topic about the BBC Young chorister of the year contest ?

There will be 10 competitors for the semi final, 5 boys and 5 girls.

Here is a page about one of the ten, Abigail.
She sings with the Beverley Minster Choir.

It is said she is "year 11", this is not very clear for me. To what range of age this corresponds ? Is it 16-17 years old ?
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Year 11 is 15-16, and yes a dedicated thread would be good.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Sounds like another lucrative event Luca will be participating in;

https://grayshottconcerts.co.uk/10-performers

All tickets sold out but you can apply to be put on a stand-by list..
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cool! :D

To the best of my knowledge this is the first serious concert he has participated in as a treble soloist outside Libera. Is that correct? I am excluding any small performances or local/school events here for the sake of clarity.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

He won a county singing contest 4 years ago, but I think that was just one song. I'm not aware of anything else, but then, I'm no Luca expert.

Shame the concert is sold out already. Excelsis are directed by Rob and were the main choir in Cai's concert 3 years ago (in the same church where Cai and Luca both recently recorded new videos.)
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Thankyou all. We’ve raised 71% of target and still have 13 days to go.

We have a lot of events lined up for Luca and WOULD LOVE RECORDING to be part of this too.

Wed 24th Aug 10.05am
Meridian FM Radio

Sun 18th Sept
Luca will be singing ’different repertoire’ from The show must go on to Bohemian Rhapsody and dancing too.
https://www.chequermead.org.uk/whats-on ... 70563&cat=

Saturday 8th October 2022 at 7.30pm
Karl Jenkins returns
The Healer 2022
Gala performance
https://grayshottconcerts.co.uk/10-performers

Mid October BBC Young Chorister of the year

and of course we need this to be successful to get to our Private Christmas performance for those that have pledged.

Thank you all again
Luca and family