Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Re: Concert at Ely Cathedral in May 2018

Post by andmar »

I hope very much to hear "Angele Dei", "How Great Thou Art", "Stay With Me" and "I Am The Day" in Ely. I think, the chances for these songs are quite high.
I'm also very curious about Ben's voice. Hopefully we'll get to hear his rendition of "Angel" (it's that song Ben was performing the solo part in China, isn't it?).
Then, I'd really, really love to hear "Voca Me" live. The song is absolutely amazing and a live performance is certainly very special. I hope to hear it live one day - maybe in Ely? I think, Leo is capable of singing the high vocalizes.
Of course, I also want to sign a petition to bring back "Vespera" and "Secret" and "Mysterium" to the set list.

I assume, there will be no M&G in Ely again. :( . Hopefully we will be able to experience their soundcheck, just like a year ago.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Ok after conferring with Yorkie and going though every Set List imaginable I think I was getting confused with Be Still My Soul and We Are Lost as I’m not a fan of either one so in my head it’s very easy to confuse them apparently.

So I can only apologise for any confusion I caused.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:41 pm">6 years ago</span> We are Lost [...]
I only remember it because I don’t really like the song and then when it was sung live I actually really enjoyed it 🙈
dani wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 pm">6 years ago</span> [...] I think I was getting confused with Be Still My Soul and We Are Lost as I’m not a fan of either one so in my head it’s very easy to confuse them apparently.
:wink: Hey, dani, if things are like this, that's a great reason for putting We are the Lost on your concert wish list - as it looks like there's a real chance that live you would like it ... 8)

And I add another song I would like to have live: Ave Verum.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:44 pm">6 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:41 pm">6 years ago</span> We are Lost [...]
I only remember it because I don’t really like the song and then when it was sung live I actually really enjoyed it 🙈
dani wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 pm">6 years ago</span> [...] I think I was getting confused with Be Still My Soul and We Are Lost as I’m not a fan of either one so in my head it’s very easy to confuse them apparently.
:wink: Hey, dani, if things are like this, that's a great reason for putting We are the Lost on your concert wish list - as it looks like there's a real chance that live you would like it ... 8)

And I add another song I would like to have live: Ave Verum.
:mrgreen:

Ave Verum is a great tune and it’s always nice when it’s on the set list.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

The concert is now a week away :)

It’s hard to believe we are already in May 🙃
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Yes we will soon be looking for the xmas concert dates, been popping a few things in to my travel bag ready for my flight next Friday to think this time next week will be home and it will be all over :(
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:07 pm">6 years ago</span> Bad news on my end. I'm not going to be making the journey to the Ely Concert. :(
I have one ticket for seating in row M, seat 3. If anyone can use this PM me.
I'm sorry to hear that! Sorry I missed this post and didn't reply sooner. I do hope that if the US tour happens you will be able to attend. Hope everything is okay.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Sorry for you TimS :( I hope someone will buy your ticket.

What kind of proof did you get when you get your seat on the Ely cathedral website ? I'm trying to gather all the things I need for the coming weekend, and I'm not sure what I should print for the concert. I've only got an email saying I paid, but it does not mention the event nor the seat number. The online account tells me all about it in my previous orders. But what should I print ?
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 12:55 pm">6 years ago</span> What kind of proof did you get when you get your seat on the Ely cathedral website ? I'm trying to gather all the things I need for the coming weekend, and I'm not sure what I should print for the concert. I've only got an email saying I paid, but it does not mention the event nor the seat number. The online account tells me all about it in my previous orders. But what should I print ?
I received a confirmation email from the Ely Cathedral box office with my seat information. The email contains an attachment which is my ticket. The ticket has a barcode on it which is what you will need to enter the concert.

This is printed at the bottom of my confirmation email:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION

IF YOU HAVE CHOSEN 'PRINT AT HOME' AS THE DELIVERY METHOD (IF AVAILABLE), YOU SHOULD RECEIVE AN ATTACHMENT WITH THIS E-MAIL. IT WILL DISPLAY THE BARCODED TICKETS FOR THE EVENT. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU BRING THE DOCUMENT DISPLAYING THE BARCODES TO THE EVENT SO THAT THEY CAN BE SCANNED ON ARRIVAL.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ATTACHMENT DISPLAYING THE BARCODES,PLEASE CONTACT ELY CATHEDRAL BOX OFFICE (01353) 660349 TO OBTAIN FURTHER INFORMATION."

If you did not select "print at home" you may have to have your purchase receipt to collect you ticket in Ely. I recommend that you contact the Ely Cathedral Box Office at the number above or email them at box.office@elycathedral.org for further information on how to obtain your ticket.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

That seat in row "M" is still available. PM me if interested.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I just checked and my email attachment for my tickets definitely doesn’t have a barcode. But it clearly states these are my tickets and it has set number and that I paid. Do I now need to ring Ely about my ticket ?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 5:01 pm">6 years ago</span> I just checked and my email attachment for my tickets definitely doesn’t have a barcode. But it clearly states these are my tickets and it has set number and that I paid. Do I now need to ring Ely about my ticket ?
None of the three tickets I have are barcoded either Dani - if you could ring them and post back here about what they say that would be great.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Calm, please, and see in this thread here and here at the beginning: I e-mailed the Box Office directly after the ticket sale for this reason and they replied that due to the changing of their system, there is no barcode!

"​You do not need to do anything. We will not be using barcodes for this concert. All you need are your seat numbers, which are on the confirmation email.""

@TimS_TheToolman
I'm sorry to hear that, too. It would have been great to meet you! Hopefully next time! :)

Sjh wrote: <span title="Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm">6 years ago</span> Yes we will soon be looking for the xmas concert dates, been popping a few things in to my travel bag ready for my flight next Friday to think this time next week will be home and it will be all over :(
Nooo! Do not think that way, please. After the concert is before the concert, but before the concert in fact is before the concert. So just look forward to it, enjoy anticipation and the concert itself. Nothing more. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 6:24 pm">6 years ago</span> So just look forward to it, enjoy anticipation and the concert itself. Nothing more. :)
Yesssss :D :D :D . Only five days left. :D :D :D

By the way - please watch out everybody not to be too late for the concert, as the countdown timer seems to be one hour late. :mrgreen:
It shows, we have one hour more to wait than we really have. Or am I wrong :?: :roll:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 7:28 pm">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon May 07, 2018 6:24 pm">6 years ago</span> So just look forward to it, enjoy anticipation and the concert itself. Nothing more. :)
Yesssss :D :D :D . Only five days left. :D :D :D

By the way - please watch out everybody not to be too late for the concert, as the countdown timer seems to be one hour late. :mrgreen:
It shows, we have one hour more to wait than we really have. Or am I wrong :?: :roll:
The countdown timer is not wrong. It is using the UK time. That is, when the countdown reaches zero it will be 7:30 GMT on May 12, but not 7:30 local time for those in a different timezone.