Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Malibu
Silver Member

Re: Right Now

Post by Malibu »

So this morning I was having a really frustering day at work. I am currently in Denver doing some high altitude testing, and the codes I have to run weren't running at all, so I was driving around for several hours trying to get the codes to run. And then when they did run, they were failing so that's not good. And on top of all that, it seems like every road is under construction around here so I can't drive the route I want to. I was getting extremely frustrated, so I decided to play Libera's Peace album, and it immidiately calmed me down. It's such nice relaxing music it never lets me down.
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

emmaclaire wrote:
Szepilona wrote:
emmaclaire wrote: Thanks a lot! I didn't start my summer reading yet though, which is really a bad thing :? 2 300 page books in like a week or so.. Not very smart!
what books are they? What grade are you going into?
The books are The Secret Life of Bees and Incantation. I'm going into 10th grade. But right now I'm in South Carolina and tomorrow I am driving home. I live on Long Island so it is a 13 hour drive so I can get some reading done there :) Also the path of Hurricane Irene is supposed to hit Long Island pretty badly around Sunday soo, maybe some reading there, too. :) Good luck on your first day today!
Fun...I didn't have any assigned summer reading, but when I get to AP Lit next year I'll have 4 books and a report due the first day of school for each of them! Anyway, my first day went quite well though my public speaking teacher seems to be a bit color blind judging by his clothing choices... :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

sf@gnum, why is there rat poison where cats also walk around?? I'm glad you saved the poor creature but it sounds like your friend needs to be more careful...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
sf@gnum

Post by sf@gnum »

maartendas wrote:why is there rat poison where cats also walk around??
It was there where they not can walk - in the barn. And we are not tightly closed the door when coming out of there. Image
maartendas wrote:I'm glad you saved the poor creature but it sounds like your friend needs to be more careful...
Aha, you're right, my friend will now be overcautious!
maartendas, tell me please, can someone of something to ask, or is it wrong? And then recently found out that it is possible for someone with something to offend, simply because, for us normal - may be abnormal in another country. Now I'm afraid to talk.
Phobias are born before your eyes. Image
Although I am generally not a coward, but worry about the correct understanding. And for justice. Although the concept of justice is also different, probably. Like all the interesting.
It is surprising that we hear the same music. So we have inner peace is more similar than the external! Image
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Glad to hear you're cautious for the animals :)

I'm not sure I understand your question. You are cautious in asking a question or saying something because people on here will not understand, or will be offended, because they're from a different culture? Is that your concern?
Well, in that case, I would say - just ask or say what you want and if someone is accidentally offended, then both people can learn from it. Please feel free on this forum. I think different perspectives can help us to grow in our outlook on the world.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Bank Holiday today! :D
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Bank Holiday today! :D
Must be nice. I just worked all day yesterday and all day today. I usually lose track of what day it is during calibration trips. All the days just run together since we work 7 day weeks. Luckily we're heading back tomorrow. We're driving from Denver to Iowa City, Iowa tomorrow, and then to Detroit on Tuesday.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Malibu wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:Bank Holiday today! :D
Must be nice. I just worked all day yesterday and all day today. I usually lose track of what day it is during calibration trips. All the days just run together since we work 7 day weeks. Luckily we're heading back tomorrow. We're driving from Denver to Iowa City, Iowa tomorrow, and then to Detroit on Tuesday.
Then back to the lake for more barefoot water skiing? :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Waiting for the power to be restored (post Irene).
Try and imagine a world without electricity.
It's been out for only 12 hours but I feel totally lost.

John
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

john45 wrote:Waiting for the power to be restored (post Irene).

John
I lost power, too. All day yesterday I was so lost, but it went back on late last night. A transformer blew up close to where I live and everyone's power went out. By the time Irene got to me it was a tropical storm, how was it by you?
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I'm in Maryland, and it was still a hurricane when it hit us... Luckily there seems to have been very little damage in my city, as the storm surge was only about 3-4 feet. We didn't lose power (just a couple of times it went on and came back on very quickly) but most of the rest of the city did! I think I heard four transformers in our neighborhood blow during the storm on Saturday... But somehow my family still had power! :shock:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

John

3 or 4 years ago after Hurricane Ike we lost power for almost 2 weeks :p I pretty much went insane with no internet!
Hope yours comes back on soon!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Everyone hang on in there. We're thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. Let's hope it will all blow over soon (sorry, no pun intended ;)) with minimum of victims and damage.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

emmaclaire wrote:

John
I lost power, too. All day yesterday I was so lost, but it went back on late last night. A transformer blew up close to where I live and everyone's power went out. By the time Irene got to me it was a tropical storm, how was it by you?

Just a storm here too, but wind stong enough to cause tree damage. Many of the outages here were due to power lines damaged by falling trees.
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

john45 wrote:
emmaclaire wrote:

John

Just a storm here too, but wind stong enough to cause tree damage. Many of the outages here were due to power lines damaged by falling trees.
Yes same here. Some of the power outages were caused by floods as well. My family took a drive down to the area near the water near me during a calm part of the storm and one person had a pipe-ish drain that was draining water out of their basement. It was like a river flowing out of it! It was crazy. Glad all is good by you.
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you