Libera finances for this tour

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Libera finances for this tour

Post by dani »

This can be deleted or moved as i did not know where to stick it.

Some people this forum do not seem to like " hear say" from the the AV group but i think this could be important and for the fans doing tonight concert's its easily verified . As you can see it would seem Libera needs the fans help and for the fans who have benefited from the U.S concerts may want to help out as well as the whole fan base .

Posted on the AV group
Hi All: After many emails with Steve Philipp yesterday, this is the plan
that is approved by libera for those wishing to help.

"Numerous people have asked how they can support Libera financially in
this tour. If someone is minded to help cover certain expenses from this
2011 tour, please liaise with Zach at zach@bsbcomputing.com
<mailto:zach%40bsbcomputing.com>; , who has
agreed to function as the clearing point for donations made to Libera's
various suppliers used on this concert tour. We have confirmed this
with Libera. Zach will be able to provide the wiring or payment details
for various of Libera's suppliers. These suppliers have agreed to take
payments directly from Libera's supporters as well.
also
Apparently, Libera has some real short term needs and this is a way to help
them directly. It appears there are bills due immediately. Going through
Zach is probably more efficient than JustGiving for now which will go to
England and has to be retrieved and redirected.

I have met Zach. I know Libera trusts him and so do I. Please help if you
can.
tom413
Gold Member

Re: Libera finances for this tour

Post by tom413 »

I know Zach as well.
For people wishing to donate in the US, this sounds like the best
method to do so.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for this info. Good to know what we as fans can do to directly support Libera!
And ofcourse with the information directly at hand, there's no fuss ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I did verify last night with Steven Philipp that this is legit.

A further point though. This address is to be used to specifically
assist with the expenses of this tour.

Libera's just giving page remains the best way to make a general
contribution.
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I contacted Zach about giving via check. With his approval I am posting the information. He asked that I not edit it (even though I realize some may be a repeat of the above) Here it is:

"Numerous people have asked how they can support Libera financially in this tour. If someone is minded to help cover certain expenses from this 2011 tour, please liaise with Zach at zach@bsbcomputing.com, who has agreed to function as the clearing point for donations made to Libera's various suppliers used on this concert tour. We have confirmed this with Libera. Zach will be able to provide the wiring or payment details for various of Libera's suppliers. These suppliers have agreed to take payments directly from Libera's supporters.

You can also make a donation directly to Libera through their website. If you are minded to make a material contribution, you may wish to contact Zach to inquire about the most cost effective method of giving.
You may also post the mailing address if you would like.

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers,
Zach"

Here's the information he gave me relative to mailing:

"Hello Bruce,

Yes, we would be grateful for any donation that you would like to give to offset the costs of the US tour. If you would like to pay by cheque, money order, et cetera, you can make the payment to:

Nathan Zachary
c/o Friends of Libera
PO Box 190286
Saint Louis, MO 63119
United States

Cheques payable to me are the easiest at this time.

Please let me know if you need any additional information, and thank you again for your support.

Cheers,
Zach
"
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is there really any differeance between supporting the tour and supporting Libera in general?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is there really any differeance between supporting the tour and supporting Libera in general?
I think that with supporting the tour , its a quicker financial way to help Libera out. As they have people to pay off for the tour and so by it going straight to the source the money is passed around quicker to each company who needs to be paid.
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is there really any differeance between supporting the tour and supporting Libera in general?
I think they will receive the money quicker in this way and are able to pay some bills faster as it goes dirct to the States.

But anyway, in my opinion such a call should be made via the official Libera-Site as for us it is not possible to verify the seriousness of such calls and/or the address.
Please don't understand me wrong, I'm saying only that it is a very simple to falsify Sender-ID, an e-mail or postal address.

So I think the safest way for sponsoring Libera is the use of the official possibilities like 'JustGiving'. :roll:
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

In this case Tom verified with Mr Philipp himself the validity of this alternative method of helping out with this tour. I was standing right there and heard it myself as well. I believe justgiving takes a certain percentage of your donation for their own overhead costs, so a direct donation would ensure Libera gets more money. That said, I can certainly understand any reservations about donating to an individual rather than the official methods. Had Tom and I not heard it ourselves, I would probably question it too.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is there really any difference between supporting the tour and supporting Libera in general?
I think so. As I understand it, the money sent to Zach will be used for the expenses of this tour only.
Donations through just giving help provide support for ongoing needs.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

As the question came up about the cost of "Just Giving":

Just Giving deducts 5% plus the charges of Paypal or Credit Card of the amount you donate.
This applies for all people NOT subject to UK income tax, thus not eligible for Gift Aid.
Gift Aid is a UK tax incentive that adds 25% on the donated amount.
Just Giving claims that on the donator's behalf, deducts their fees from it and forwards it together with the donated amount to Libera.
The average amount that Libera will get this way is 118% of the original donation.
But as mentioned, that only works if you pay your taxes in the UK.

Which is why the option to go via Zach actually gets Libera more of your bucks :D
I have this information from the JG webpage and wikipedia.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

MikeT wrote:As the question came up about the cost of "Just Giving":

Just Giving deducts 5% plus the charges of Paypal or Credit Card of the amount you donate.
This applies for all people NOT subject to UK income tax, thus not eligible for Gift Aid.
Just Giving claims that on the donator's behalf, deducts their fees from it and forwards it together with the donated amount to Libera.
The average amount that Libera will get this way is 118% of the original donation.

Which is why the option to go via Zach actually gets Libera more of your bucks :D
Thanks Mike, that's good to know. However, because I'm here in the UK I'll just be sticking with my regular monthly donation via Just giving. It's not much but it all helps.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Hi Mike,

Good to see you here on the board. :)
Hope you had a nice commute back to Singapore.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

So you're saying that if we give through Zach the donation will qualify for Gift Aid, or just that he won't deduct 5%?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote:

So you're saying that if we give through Zach the donation will qualify for Gift Aid, or just that he won't deduct 5%?
Neither of those Tully. Money given via Zac will not have any deductions made to it (that was the Just Giving site that deducts money) but it can't qualify for Gift Aid because that is only for UK residents donating via an official source.

Any money you send to Zac will 100% be used to pay Libera's US creditors for expenses incurred on the last tour.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love