Libera Concerts

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think Tom's version of Ave Maria will be as good as Steven's?

Poll ended at 16 years ago

Never. He's got an amazing voice, but that song was practically written for Steven!
25%
I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.
63%
Sure! I think his voice will fit it better.
13%

Total votes: 8

KP

Libera Concerts

Post by KP »

Hello,
Has anyone here actually been to a Libera concert?
If so, please tell me about it!
Who were the soloists?
What songs did they sing?
Did you get to talk to them afterwards?
I'd love to hear all about it!
KP

Post by KP »

If you were wondering about the poll, I voted for the first!
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

(I voted for the first in the poll as well. I agree with you 100%, KP. I've always thought of Ave Maria as Steven's song. I haven't heard the New Dawn version, yet, but no one can out-do Steven's! I'm sure Tom does a wonderful job, though.)
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I thought Tom's Ave Maria in New Dawn was pretty amazing. But I haven't heard Steven's yet. In which album did he sing Ave Maria? I'll like to hear his version too.
KP

Post by KP »

He sings in Luminosa.
You've got to hear it!
That's probably my favorite CD of all of them!
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

What can I say? I went youtube to hear Steven's version and he's really great with the high notes. Tom's equally good too, I kind of like his rich voice. Both versions are comparable, definitely.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's unfair to compare, they both brought their unique style to the versions they covered. I think Steven could have been a little younger than Tom at the time he did Caccini's Ave Maria, so his voice would have sounded a little crisper, to Tom's - which now not far from his 14th year - has more maturity to it.

I was hoping for a 'sitting on the fence' option of; 'They both sounded equally amazing' - in the event, I have settled for Tom's version, because I have only heard Steven's via YouTube, and that's not a fair testing labority for comparing against a CD.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Having now heard Tom's version, I can now say that, as I predicted, Steven's version is still my favourite.
I suppose I'm rather biased, as I heard Steven's first and am a huge fan of his voice, but that's my opinion.
Tom's version is is just as good, just as amazing, just as beautiful... it's just that I have a preference between the two. I feel a little guilty, somehow, to be thinking that... but it's just an opinion, anyway.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

you shouldn't feel guilty about it. Your simply being honest and your more than entitled to your own opinions. Personally, I like Tom's version better.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I like Tom's version slighty more, but the key thing as been mentioned, is that they both sound different. You can immediately identify which version belongs to which voice. They are both amazing, and maybe it's only Tom's I like, because he's the soloist who has been singing for aslong as I've been following them.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

By the way, did anyone of you manage to find the video of opening part of Tom and Josh singing Far Away at the Concert of Hope sometime ago?

I have been searching high and low online whether it's youtube or any other video sharing websites but I just couldn't find it anywhere. If anyone happens to know the link, please post it here. Thanks alot! :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I myself have not been able to track down that video. I have been asking around since the concert aired and so far no luck. Rest assured, should I find a copy, I will be sure to post it here as soon as possible.
JimmyRiddle wrote:I like Tom's version slighty more, but the key thing as been mentioned, is that they both sound different. You can immediately identify which version belongs to which voice. They are both amazing, and maybe it's only Tom's I like, because he's the soloist who has been singing for aslong as I've been following them.
Thats something I agree with you. Ever since I first discovered Libera over 2 years ago, it was always Tom's voice I heard. I myself enjoyed Tom's version than Steven's but yes, they are different sounding but they each have their own unique sound.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Okay :D