A new chorister?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Silver Member

A new chorister?

Post by Sue »

Hello everyone,
I've seen a new boy in the group. Amongst other things he is showed in the new official video "Time". It's a black one, I guess he is maybe 11 years old or something like that. Do you know what his name is and when he joined Libera? I haven't found this boy in the register of current members of Libera. Who is he and what's his pitch of the voice?
dani
Diamond Member

Re: A new chorister?

Post by dani »

Sue wrote:Hello everyone,
I've seen a new boy in the group. Amongst other things he is showed in the new official video "Time". It's a black one, I guess he is maybe 11 years old or something like that. Do you know what his name is and when he joined Libera? I haven't found this boy in the register of current members of Libera. Who is he and what's his pitch of the voice?

Nope i am afraid we dont know anything about him. He was first seen in the Songs of Praise speciel last Jan and then again in the xmas greetings message in Dec and now he has appeared in Time.

I am guessing if he tours in April we will know his name then.
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

this is kind of random, but it relates to new choristers.

in the angel voices in concert dvd behind the scenes libera in their own words part, you see daniel fontanazz. (sp?) so he had been in libera for a very long while before coming public, in 2009. i wonder why he didn't sooner at a younger age, as he's what? 13 now.

maybe he joined later and needed more time? i don't know.

what do you think
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

heeh91 wrote:this is kind of random, but it relates to new choristers.

in the angel voices in concert dvd behind the scenes libera in their own words part, you see daniel fontanazz. (sp?) so he had been in libera for a very long while before coming public, in 2009. i wonder why he didn't sooner at a younger age, as he's what? 13 now.

maybe he joined later and needed more time? i don't know.

what do you think
I also noticed that but sometimes it may come down to parents not wanting them to appear publically with Libera. I think it may of been the Cole brothers who was in St Phillips for years and Libera yet you never saw them offically because of there parents choice.

If you look at the New Dawn album i think James Starkey has been credited but has yet to be seen offically.

Also new boy Matthew is about 12 i think and has been been seen since late last year. And again i assume he has been part of the choir for years as you dont normally join a choir at such an old age.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

>>I also noticed that but sometimes it may come down to parents
>not wanting them to appear publically with Libera. I think it may
>of been the Cole brothers who was in St Phillips for years and
>Libera yet you never saw them offically

Yes, thats why nearly nobody knows the Cole brothers :) But I think with the boy which one I mean it can't be the same reason, cause he is showed in 3 videos up to now.

>>in their own words part, you see daniel fontanazz. i wonder
>>why he didn't sooner at a younger age, as he's what? 13 now.

Yes, I agree. With Daniel it was the same and now he is already 13 years old.

>>He was first seen in the Songs of Praise speciel last Jan and
>>then again in the xmas greetings message in Dec

You're right, that's why I don't understand why they never said his name or anything about him. That is confusingly.
Only based on the video scenes, I guess he is a bashfully and cautious kid. But always a cute one relate to his actions.
I hope the fans become any information about him :)
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

I also noticed that. I'm thinking of three reasons why it could have happen not only to Daniel but maybe for others too (that we don't know). First, it could have been like what others said, the parents or the child himself didn't want to go publicly and just enjoy the idea of being with Libera in church choir. Second, maybe they needed more training and more confidence to be part of the group. And third, it could be because the current members at the time they joined their choir are still very active and there's no spot for them to be in the touring group.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

chix wrote:I also noticed that. I'm thinking of three reasons why it could have happen not only to Daniel but maybe for others too (that we don't know). First, it could have been like what others said, the parents or the child himself didn't want to go publicly and just enjoy the idea of being with Libera in church choir. Second, maybe they needed more training and more confidence to be part of the group. And third, it could be because the current members at the time they joined their choir are still very active and there's no spot for them to be in the touring group.
Even with costs and things i highly doubt RP would deny a boy a spot if he wishes so and is ready but thats just me.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

irishoreo wrote:
chix wrote:I also noticed that. I'm thinking of three reasons why it could have happen not only to Daniel but maybe for others too (that we don't know). First, it could have been like what others said, the parents or the child himself didn't want to go publicly and just enjoy the idea of being with Libera in church choir. Second, maybe they needed more training and more confidence to be part of the group. And third, it could be because the current members at the time they joined their choir are still very active and there's no spot for them to be in the touring group.
Even with costs and things i highly doubt RP would deny a boy a spot if he wishes so and is ready but thats just me.
I mean they said it in their concerts that they are usually up to 40 members back in London but when they tour they're around 20-25 only. I don't think it's denying the spot for some member it's just for security reasons too. I think it wouldn't be practical to tour 40 kids at the same time. :)
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

chix wrote:
irishoreo wrote:
I mean they said it in their concerts that they are usually up to 40 members back in London but when they tour they're around 20-25 only. I don't think it's denying the spot for some member it's just for security reasons too. I think it wouldn't be practical to tour 40 kids at the same time. :)

Eh the Phoenix Boys Choir from Arizona travels up to 100 :shock:
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

That I didn't know. hahaha :D
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Hey,

I guess I have the name now. Another fan told me that the little black boy is in the CD-Booklet of "Peace" and that his name would be Mine Ahpobane.
The unknown boy in this video is Mine Ahpobane (Sp.?) (The font in the online PEACE CD booklet is hard to read) There is also another boy, Luke Collins, who appears both in the booklet (top right, 2nd photo) and on recent videos, There is another lad pictured in the booklet (1st pic, next to Tom Cully) who is not named in the chorister list. Also, Jakob Wood has been performing with Libera since at least 2007, but only recently as a soloist.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Sue wrote:Hey,

I guess I have the name now. Another fan told me that the little black boy is in the CD-Booklet of "Peace" and that his name would be Mine Ahpobane.
The unknown boy in this video is Mine Ahpobane (Sp.?) (The font in the online PEACE CD booklet is hard to read) There is also another boy, Luke Collins, who appears both in the booklet (top right, 2nd photo) and on recent videos, There is another lad pictured in the booklet (1st pic, next to Tom Cully) who is not named in the chorister list. Also, Jakob Wood has been performing with Libera since at least 2007, but only recently as a soloist.
Thanks a lot, SUE :!: You are really interested in Libera and it's great for "newbie" :) "Black boy" have an interesting name but I think it may be normal for afro-kid :)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

"Black boy" have an interesting name but I think it may be normal for afro-kid
Yes "Mine" is really an exceptionally name. It wasn't easy to find out his name.
And this other boy, Luke Collins, do anybody know him? I didn't know him yet, can he be a new member too?