The vent thread

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

The vent thread

Post by Yorkie »

What annoys you? What really ticks you off? Somebody got on your bad side but you just bit your lip because you didn't want to unload the full wrath of your temper on them?

Well, get it off your chest by sharing with your Liberian friends. We understand. We don't judge. Let it all out and you'll feel much better.

I'll start shall I?

People who drop litter. WHY? There are bins everywhere. Take it home with you but DO NOT DROP IT IN MY STREETS.

I think when we catch litter louts we should be allowed to hang them from a tree upside down and use them as a punch bag.

Yes that feels much better. What's that nurse Ratched? Time for my medicine? If you could just be a dear and unfasten the straps on my arms that would be a great help.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Rude people get me peeved! And people who don't respond to either emails or voice mails.

About the rude thing, seems I am peeved alot living in the US where 8 out of 10 seem to be naturally rude. I love my country but alot of people here are rude. I know my pleases and thank yous. I think I could fit in the UK society without too much trouble.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

except that many UK youth seem to be happy to glean off American youth and thus, are becoming just as bad.

One thing that absolutely annoys the tar out of me is when people refuse to use their turn signals when turning or changing lanes and/or when they don't turn their lights on (both front and rear) at night or when it rains (welcome to Florida's hurricane season).
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I have to say, as an American teenager, my peers are horribly rude and inconsiderate! I know kids who will completely ignore an adult who talks to them and just walk right by! What happened to "respect your elders"???? :evil: And then they go and give all teenagers a bad name so that all adults (or almost all adults) assume that even teenagers that aren't like that are like that!!!! And that annoys the [insert expletive here] out of me, because I'm not like that, and t its such a pain that all the adults I meet think that I am like that!!!!!!!! And that's my rant, which turned into a rant from a simple statement.... :wink:
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

For me is that on a crowded bus, all the able bodies would not give up their seats for the seniors. People just avoid eye contact, chat on their cell phones or listen to their i-pods. Sometimes they won't give up their seats even when ask. :evil: :evil:

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

For me is that on a crowded bus, all the able bodies would not give up their seats for the seniors. People just avoid eye contact, chat on their cell phones or listen to their i-pods. Sometimes they won't give up their seats even when ask.
You know what, in my country people pretend to sleep! Amazing, isn't it?
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i have to say, as an American teenager, my peers are horribly rude and inconsiderate! I know kids who will completely ignore an adult who talks to them and just walk right by! What happened to "respect your elders"???? And then they go and give all teenagers a bad name so that all adults (or almost all adults) assume that even teenagers that aren't like that are like that!!!! And that annoys the [insert expletive here] out of me, because I'm not like that, and t its such a pain that all the adults I meet think that I am like that!!!!!!!! And that's my rant, which turned into a rant from a simple statement....
wow you described the youth of England to :)... im ashamed of my peers and i can see why are age group gets alot of the blame for things, thus making a sterotype of all teenages being rude, rule breaking yobs... im proud to say i dont fit into this catergory.. i dont think :) lol
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

People who 'sit' in the mainstream not daring to push their boundaries or themselves, living in total fear of 'rocking' the boat of society, overcome by the fear of 'not being approved' but are prepared to pock fun at and ridicule those people with the guts and determination to strive for something better.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:Rude people get me peeved! And people who don't respond to either emails or voice mails.

About the rude thing, seems I am peeved alot living in the US where 8 out of 10 seem to be naturally rude. I love my country but alot of people here are rude. I know my pleases and thank yous. I think I could fit in the UK society without too much trouble.
Amen to that. But yes, it is as bad over here in the UK. The question is what causes it? Is it deliberate? Is it poor parenting? Or is it (I suspect) just that so many people are so completely self obsessed with what they want that they never consider the needs of others.

Sort of 'sod you Jack, I'm alright'.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcliffy wrote:except that many UK youth seem to be happy to glean off American youth and thus, are becoming just as bad.

One thing that absolutely annoys the tar out of me is when people refuse to use their turn signals when turning or changing lanes and/or when they don't turn their lights on (both front and rear) at night or when it rains (welcome to Florida's hurricane season).
Yep, on my list too (if only we were allowed to have guns over here.....). Thing is, we have roundabouts over here - millions of them and to work correctly you need to move that stick that pokes out of that wheel thing. Otherwise nobody has a clue what you are about to do. But, it seems most people don't give a flying anymore. Too much effort to indicate and, after all, they are the most important person on the road.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcenrt wrote:For me is that on a crowded bus, all the able bodies would not give up their seats for the seniors. People just avoid eye contact, chat on their cell phones or listen to their i-pods. Sometimes they won't give up their seats even when ask. :evil: :evil:

Ann
Ann, that reminds me of the time (and I was younger and living at home so had plenty of spare cash) that me and some mates went to Barbados to watch the cricket test match.

We decided to catch a bus one day and we five were the only white blokes amongst the locals. Anyway the bus filled up and there were lots of women stood up in the aisle so, being young English gents, we gave up our seats. Well, those women just loved us! They were pleased as punch and had such huge smiles it made us feel 100 feet tall :D

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

xsakurax wrote:
For me is that on a crowded bus, all the able bodies would not give up their seats for the seniors. People just avoid eye contact, chat on their cell phones or listen to their i-pods. Sometimes they won't give up their seats even when ask.
You know what, in my country people pretend to sleep! Amazing, isn't it?
LOL - but it is the politest and least confrontational way of being rude!

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Jude Andrew wrote:People who 'sit' in the mainstream not daring to push their boundaries or themselves, living in total fear of 'rocking' the boat of society, overcome by the fear of 'not being approved' but are prepared to poke fun at and ridicule those people with the guts and determination to strive for something better.
Very heartfelt Jude - anything in particular?

Mercy & Love
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Yorkie wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:People who 'sit' in the mainstream not daring to push their boundaries or themselves, living in total fear of 'rocking' the boat of society, overcome by the fear of 'not being approved' but are prepared to poke fun at and ridicule those people with the guts and determination to strive for something better.
Very heartfelt Jude - anything in particular?
Nope, not really.... life in general in western civilisation promotes/rewards mediocrity IMHO.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

libera36 wrote:I have to say, as an American teenager, my peers are horribly rude and inconsiderate! I know kids who will completely ignore an adult who talks to them and just walk right by! What happened to "respect your elders"???? :evil: And then they go and give all teenagers a bad name so that all adults (or almost all adults) assume that even teenagers that aren't like that are like that!!!! And that annoys the [insert expletive here] out of me, because I'm not like that, and t its such a pain that all the adults I meet think that I am like that!!!!!!!! And that's my rant, which turned into a rant from a simple statement.... :wink:

Don't worry. I don't ever think like that. I like to spend time with teens and give everyone of them the benefit of doubt. Was recently told by one of the teens at work, someone in some trouble with the law, that he wished I was his dad because I was willing to listen to him talk and hear his side without yelling or condemnation(I think I spelled it right).

I dislike anyone one who judges based on a false perception. IE, all teens are bad or all adults are bad and so on.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."