Christmas Eve

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Christmas Eve

Post by TEB »

How were all the different Christmas Eve services everyone attended on the 24th?

Mine was not so hot. The only thing making it different from any other Sunday morning service was singing Silent Night by candlelight. Other than that, it was the exact same service as always. We did not even have Communion, something that really bothered me. While we do have a young pastor(we are his first church since he graduated seminary) and he isn't steeped in alot of tradition, I feel some traditions need to remain. Our old pastor, who was a senior pastor in the United Methodist Church, almost always did a service of Lessons and Carols on Christmas Eve along with Communion done by intinction. While I am pushing for our church to come out of the 1950's and join the 21st Century, I do feel Christmas services should not be messed with.

I do have it though, on very good authority, that Christmas Eve at Saint Phillip's was a beautiful service and that the entire choir, both the men and our boys, did a wonderful job. Wish I could have been there.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Mine was beautiful. Two hours before mass, one of the priests went to the confessional to hear confessions. An hour later, another priest entered the other confessional to hear confessions. The church was packed, good thing my family went early for confession and to get our seats.

The only thing different than the usual masses was the procession when they put the baby Jesus in the manger. Other than that, the liturgy was the same. The singing was good. Not spectacular, but still good. Thankfully, our parish priest celebrated the mass and he's not one of those who think they need to improvise on the words written in the missal. All in all, it was a beautiful mass.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall