Just for fun: Libera with another artist...who'd you choose?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

DrewE
Silver Member

Just for fun: Libera with another artist...who'd you choose?

Post by DrewE »

The recent topic about what songs you'd like to hear Libera perform brought to mind a somewhat related fun (hypothetical) question:

Suppose you were a record and/or concert producer with, say, a few million pounds to spend, and you were interested in producing a joint album/concert with Libera and some other group or artist. What artist would you choose?

My choice of collaborator would be Take 6, a unique (and very talented!) Jazz/Gospel/RnB sextet. They share a few things in common with Libera: they're all men, they're extraordinarily good singers, and they do a fair bit of work with original a cappella vocal compositions. There are obvious differences, too: age is one, and the typical styles of music are rather different.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure I can quite envision what the two groups would end up sounding like together. I am pretty sure it would be great music, and really fun to listen to (or, as they sometimes say here in New England, "wicked fun").
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Oh, that's a good question...

Some kind of "mass treble sing" event would be nice, but I don't know what they'd sing. Being the Bach fanatic I am, I'd want to see them collaborate with a small orchestra and sing some Lutheran/Protestant church chorales (similar to their earlier work as the St. Philip's Boys' Choir).
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Il Divo would be interesting, but I wouldn't want Il Divo to overpower them, although 30 of the Libera boys all singing at the top of their treble ranges couldn't be overpowered by anything. Not sure what song I would like them to sing, but each would do a verse, and then they would all sing the chorus at the end.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

a very good question. There are a lot of young singers I'm affiliated with, but the one that really comes to mind is Joseph McManners.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

Hi can i suggest russell watson or does everyone think he might be
overpowering of course theres the old master sirCliff richard
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Chris de Burgh !

I once asked him that but he didn't answer that question.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

barlies04 wrote:old master sirCliff richard
...Libera have street cred to maintain. Only joking ;)

P.S. did you sketch your avatar? It's quite a good pencil drawing of young Kavana.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

How about Celine Dion? It just pops up in my mind.. I don't know why..

Or Celtic Woman?
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

How about Celine Dion?
Somebody mentioned street cred to maintain... :wink: Just kidding.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Celtic Women would be awesome.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Enigma...Yep, if you dont know who they are, check them out on youtube. one of my favorites is Return to innocents...I think it would be a wicked mix!Creig David,Linkin Park,Elton John always makes good music.they can fit in any sound.. Good question, I got a few more but these are the few I chose.
ooooh! "Josh M."
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

tcliffy

Post by jennaluvspbr »

tcliffy wrote:Celtic Women would be awesome.
hey my friend i did not no you like celtic women i am a fan of theres to besieds libera but i have 3 of celtic dvds and 2 or 3 cds of there hahah and they are lots of fun to wch and i love libera to i will naver stope likeing them hahahah so any way libera is my favriet and celtic women is too
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Trans-Siberian Orchestra would be a good match up too. TSO does use a childrens choir sometimes in recordings and it would be great to see them use Libera instead.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Oooh yes, TSO would be great! Christmas Eve and Other Stories and The Lost Christmas both used a children's choir to great effect, and TSO's crossover work would meld very well with Libera's work in the same genre.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I would love to hear Libera sing with Clannad. They would compliment one another wonderfully. For those of you unfamiliar with Clannad; they are a band who create modern Irish traditional music (which sounds like an oxymoron, I know). They have been producing albums for about 25 years now and acheived world wide reknown. I have provided a link below if you want to check them out. I can just picture them playing with Libera... it would be wonderful :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [url]

Jude.