Libera in Trailer of 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

KP

Libera in Trailer of 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'

Post by KP »

Hey look at this! :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... aGNXCQk-I=

I know its in Spanish, I couldn't find the English trailer. But listen to who's singing! It's Libera singing Lacrymosa! My friend and I were watching Indiana Jones when this trailer came on- totally unexpected! Whee!
I wonder if they're singing in the movie, or just in the trailer...?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Interesting find. If they are providing a major soundtrack to what's looking like a big movie, staring Brad Pitt and Co. It will no doubt be yet another feather in Libera's increasingly impressive cap.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sat May 24, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Awesome find. Thanks for sharing it.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Totally cool.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is evidently the story of a man who ages backwords. It could be very interesting if done properly. Strangely all of the trailers in English have been removed for "violation of terms" but the ones in Spanish haven't been touched.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I saw the trailer when I went to go watch the new Indianna Jones movie and I was surprised when I heard it. The film did not tickle my fancy (I thank you) but the music they used did :wink:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, lol - I'm not a great movie buff, but if Libera are supporting this movie with one of their songs, I will definately watch it.
William

Post by William »

That would be neat, but I doubt if they are actually on the film soundtrack. Many movie studios often use pre-existing soundtracks in their trailers. I've noticed with several in the past that music from other movies is sometimes played in the trailers of upcoming films.
But then again...
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Yes, I have definitely noticed that as well.
Yet, perhaps there is still a chance. :wink: Who knows...
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

If the studio uses a pre-existing piece as an accompaniment to an early version trailer, doesn't it still have to pay royalties? I'd think it rather wasteful to buy the right to use a piece just to play on an advertisement then not use it in the finished movie, but then again the cost might be very small compared to the total cost of filming, advertising and distributing. I guess also that very often the musical accompniment for a film can't be added until the filming is finished. Often the musical director will want to view the film before adding the musical scoring.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Possibly, still alot of questions to be confirmed. At the end of the day though, the fact remains that the vocals of Libera were used to compliment an eagerly awaited movie trailer, that is being shown in cinema's across the world. I suspect it's largely due to the increased activity in prestigious events that Libera have performed at over recent years, that has got their name out. It's like a donimo effect; Kennedy Centre Awards, Pope Concert, and now possibly supporting a movie soundtrack to an potential Hollywood blockbuster.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Still no word out about the soundtrack, but the trailer (with Lacrymosa) has started to really circulate around and there are several questions online about the music in the trailer being part of the soundtrack itself (such as this humorous little tidbit: here, where the post author apparently thought Libera's version was the original).
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

libera are not in the main film, when i emailed them they said that it is just the trailer but it is a start. they also said thanks to all that were so attentive to realize it was libera.

its so good that they have been recongized enough for one of thier recording, they deserve it so much
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

The trailer in English...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=168&item=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KP

Post by KP »

I've heard the preview, maybe, 5 times during the Olympics.
Talk about exposure!