Other Choirs, Singers, Musicians that you like

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I liked Anthony Way when he first came to the public in the PBS mini series, The Choir. I thought he had enough talent to become a good actor as well as musician.
Then I heard his first cd. It was good and I enjoyed the music until I heard the first trilled R. That may be traditional but it really annoys me for some reason. I simply see no point to it. I am very glad RP doesn't make our boys do that.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
paopao

Post by paopao »

i've been googling for informations about the Burrowes brothers (Boys Air Choir), and found nothing but generic infos. i wonder are they still singing or what.. i like their song called Blue Bird
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

I think he definitely rank among here.

[youtube][/youtube]
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

the little francais :P

[youtube][/youtube]
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Mario Frangoulis is my favorite tenor. I have his 2 CDs: "Sometimes I Dream" and "Follow Your Heart". I like his way of singing and his voice better than Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli. I don't get tired of his albums the way I don't get tired of Libera.

[youtube][/youtube]

I like every track of his albums, the way I like every track of a Libera album. It's hard to choose a favorite. This second video here is a very nice Italian song about saying goodbye. I used it once before as a track of a picture montage we gave to a friend moving to a different country to work.

[youtube][/youtube]
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Amazing... :)
[youtube][/youtube]
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Hayley Westenra, my 2nd favorite soprano, sings live the new Karl Jenkin's composition, "I'll Make Music".
[youtube][/youtube]
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

TroyeSivan18 - Tell Me Why

Have you ever heard this? I found it this evening. Try it! :wink:
Incredible piece! This is so passionate and exceptionally moving song of deep meaning.

I wish Libera could make a cover of that one day. 8)

[youtube][/youtube]

And this one is really sad, but touching as well.
[youtube][/youtube]
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Murkskis wrote:TroyeSivan18 - Tell Me Why

Have you ever heard this? I found it this evening. Try it! :wink:
Incredible piece! This is so passionate and exceptionally moving song of deep meaning.

I wish Libera could make a cover of that one day. 8)

[youtube][/youtube]

And this one is really sad, but touching as well.
[youtube][/youtube]

Tell Me Why is such a beautiful song and he sings it so well. Libera would be great at doing this piece.
LiberAeterna

Post by LiberAeterna »

DrewE wrote:
paopao wrote:
tcliffy wrote:If you guys don't already have it, might I recommend the Choirboys Christmas album. It is incredible. http://www.thechoirboys.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haven't listened to it yet, but the 2005 self-titled album is nice. I love their rendition of Pie Jesu and The Lord Bless You and Keep You. Some of the 'pop tracks' are also very well done..
I have both, and my personal opinion is that the original album is a bit better than the christmas one. I think the main reason for me is that there's a broader variety of styles and arrangements on it; the carols album is very polished and well-done, but to my ears it all starts to sound a touch monotonous after awhile.

(It's worth noting that the two albums have two different trios of boys. All six young men are immensely talented.)

My top recommendation for a boy's choir Christmas album is the American Boychoir's album "Carol," on the traditional side of things certainly but superbly recorded and produced. This includes a fine recording of Holst's fantasia "Christmas Day," a wonderfully fun piece.

There is, of course, also the Angel Voices III album recorded by a certain St. Phillip's Boys Choir, and it's pretty good, too. :)
Hi Drew and all,

Just wanted to add that I just purchased The Choirboys first album, co-produced by the great Ian Tilley, and agree with you about it. There is a wonderfully broad range of styles and all three (Ben, CJ, and Patrick) sing impeccably. I like how the songs were arranged and how all the boys got a chance to shine. Some of my favorites from the album so far are "Walking in the Air", "Tears in Heaven", and, oh, I think I like every track! I know a lot of you are familiar with Allegri's Miserere but I have actually never heard it. What an incredible piece of Gregorian music which I thought they sang very well.

I also have the Joseph McManners album and think he has a nice, sweet voice but doesn't sound quite as trained as the boys in Libera or The Choirboys do. Anybody else have any thoughts or can recommend other treble choirs or music?

Drew, by the way, my Mom is originally from Vermont and I have visited that beautiful state many times. I hope to go back around September to visit her. :)
Sing, Sing, Ye Heavenly Choir
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

I think this college choir is absolutely amazing!

[youtube][/youtube]
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yeah, they are :D
Firstly the title looked familiar and when I saw some of the hats I knew what I'm going to seek. :wink:
And found it within minutes :lol:
Edit: I just realised they haven't included any ''frog sounds'' in the end of song- I'm sure there was smth like that in the film !
[youtube][/youtube]

And check this out, too !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[youtube][/youtube]
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Katherine Jenkins
I only can say, it's a wonderful voice - amazingly

[youtube][/youtube]

in HD!
[youtube][/youtube]
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Sue wrote:Katherine Jenkins
I only can say, it's a wonderful voice - amazingly
If we talk about the first video: the message of the song and the message of the video comes from rather different worlds :lol: :lol:

As about the 2nd- the song and the video is in harmony :wink:
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Has anybody mentioned Celtic Woman? I like their version on "You Raise Me Up" and "Walking in the Air."

Again, I realize how frustrating it is to be a fan of choir singing in my country. Right now the market is being dominated by Korean and Japanese artists. :shock:

Does anybody know of a good music store that sells those type of CDs? :D