St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

swalker2001
Site Admin

Re: St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Post by swalker2001 »

It's really enjoyable reading people's thoughts about the concerts. It makes the fact that I can't be there a little more bearable. Looking forward to the stream becoming available on Wednesday.
====
"If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing."
--JM Barrie, Peter Pan
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

On Libera's news site someone asked about the duration of the stream being available and Libera replied this morning:
"Since we are using the St Johns Smith Square platform unfortunately we do not have all the details, but we would hope it is available for more than a single view."

A week ago, on 30. November, it still sounded like this ...:
"We are not sure exactly how long it will remain available but it will certainly be a good few weeks – plenty of time for everyone to watch it. Our understanding is that it won’t be downloadable."

:shock:

I cannot imagine that it can be watched only once.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:25 pm">3 years ago</span> I cannot imagine that it can be watched only once.
At least this would make it feel more like a real concert experience :lol:

Oh dear, I hope it will be permanently available, I need another concert video in my selection beside Leiden 2007, Armagh 2013 and Washington 2014 :mrgreen:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:46 pm">3 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:25 pm">3 years ago</span> I cannot imagine that it can be watched only once.

Oh dear, I hope it will be permanently available, I need another concert video in my selection beside Leiden 2007, Armagh 2013 and Washington 2014 :mrgreen:
And Spring 2020 "Apart but Together" :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:40 pm">3 years ago</span> So I suck at doing long detailed concert reviews. So I will just give my views on the first concert.
Not at all! Thanks for your input. :D All reviews are appreciated but especially in this time when attendance from our fan community was so extraordinarily limited. It sounds like a really good concert with the new songs being well received.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:46 pm">3 years ago</span>

I'm not very scared. I do think that there will be a time window to watch it and not only once. :D

I'm just surprised that a week ago they said quite confidently that it will remain online for several weeks and then shortly before the concert they row back and are not as secure anymore. Normally I'd expect it to be the other way round: that their own state of information becomes clearer and safer, the nearer the date.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:49 pm">3 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:40 pm">3 years ago</span> So I suck at doing long detailed concert reviews. So I will just give my views on the first concert.
Not at all! Thanks for your input. :D All reviews are appreciated but especially in this time when attendance from our fan community was so extraordinarily limited.
Completely agree! Every bit is welcome! Thank you. :)
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

The streamed concert is now available for purchase in the SJSS website Scheduled premiere for £10 and with a £1.75 online booking fee.

https://www.sjss.org.uk/libera
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Hi. I’m a new member. Thanks for keeping us up to date on all things Libera.

I just booked the live stream for tomorrow from SJSS. The e-mailed link noted that it will be available from the concert time tomorrow through January 6th.

Also, there were 2 programs available. The one for 3 pounds was a link. The one for 5 pounds did not include a link. So, maybe that one will be mailed?

My wife and I have been to several Libera concerts on US tours. We are so looking forward to tomorrow’s.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Cainmac wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:45 pm">3 years ago</span> Hi. I’m a new member. Thanks for keeping us up to date on all things Libera.
Welcome Cainmac and thanks for the information! I purchased my stream ticket now and can't wait for tomorrow! :D
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cainmac wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:45 pm">3 years ago</span> Hi. I’m a new member. Thanks for keeping us up to date on all things Libera.

I just booked the live stream for tomorrow from SJSS. The e-mailed link noted that it will be available from the concert time tomorrow through January 6th.

Also, there were 2 programs available. The one for 3 pounds was a link. The one for 5 pounds did not include a link. So, maybe that one will be mailed?

My wife and I have been to several Libera concerts on US tours. We are so looking forward to tomorrow’s.
Welcome to Libera Dreams! Feel free to introduce yourself over on the new member sub-forum. We've had quite a few new members join LDF lately which is great. Some of them were supposed to post a formal introduction but haven't gotten around to it yet *looks accusingly at theriverflowson* :lol: :wink: :twisted:

I did not see two different program options at two price points. There are indeed two programs but only one of them is for a fee.
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

I just checked again to make sure I wasn’t crazy. (No guarantees on that front.) I found the 5 pound option under the Libera Shop US link.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Cainmac wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:12 am">3 years ago</span> I just checked again to make sure I wasn’t crazy. (No guarantees on that front.) I found the 5 pound option under the Libera Shop US link.
You're referring to their last Christmas concert in SJSS way back in 2019. That's their official concert programme that can be purchase and shipped for £5.
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Oops. No regrets. I’m sure we’ll enjoy reading it, too. And, hopefully it helps them a bit, too.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Cainmac wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:58 am">3 years ago</span> Oops. No regrets. I’m sure we’ll enjoy reading it, too. And, hopefully it helps them a bit, too.
That's ok🙂. Whatever ways we can do to help them means a lot to the group.