Today, this is how i feel

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:i got a sore throat and sore foot :cry: and annoyed as my dad just kicked me up to my room as me and mum were arguing and yet again he stuck up for my mum :twisted:

just once would i like him to think i am right and stand up for me
Aww *group hug*
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

About these aeroplanes...

I live about three blocks from the primary runways for George H.W. Bush Intercontinental Airport in scenic Houston, TX. When we first moved here, every night was terrifying--the big planes (like the 747s and now British Airways' new monstrosity, that Airbus 800 thing) would almost literally shake the house at times and sounded like they were about to plough right into our back lawn. Our city has a couple of 'noise ordinances' on the books, but around Thanksgiving and especially Christmas, it's one big jet engine symphony around here...
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

there is one good thing about the red arrows flying over my house is you get to see th air display and the colours of the smoke they blow out.... that is probably the only good thing as they are really noisey which makes my puppy go balistic ... we had another air show today well i think thier air shows :?
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:there is one good thing about the red arrows flying over my house is you get to see th air display and the colours of the smoke they blow out.... that is probably the only good thing as they are really noisey which makes my puppy go balistic ... we had another air show today well i think thier air shows :?
What's a Red Arrow?
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

here is the wikipedia link saying what the red arrows are

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Arrows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and here is a video of them in action

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

^ starts about 1 minute
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:here is the wikipedia link saying what the red arrows are

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Arrows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:o I see--we have something similar in the US (the Blue Angels)...OKAY, a fine example of something great about the UK: the RAF.
Wikipedia wrote:The Second World War largely stopped formation aerobatics, as planes were needed elsewhere.
No? Really?? :wink:

Wow, this thread has gotten way afield of the original topic...
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Feeling quite tired after a long days travelling, 2 flights and 10 hours later I am catching up on things on the forum.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Today, I am feeling a tad bit disillusioned (just a tad) in that small minority of the British public who are treating Cerrie Burnell so badly right now simply because she has a foreshortened arm. Shame on you--all of you--for dragging the good name of the British people and the British Broadcasting Corporation into such disrepute around the world. And God bless Cerrie Burnell.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Wikipedia wrote:The Second World War largely stopped formation aerobatics, as planes were needed elsewhere.
No? Really?? :wink:

Wow, this thread has gotten way afield of the original topic...[/quote]

Actually if they were still flying Gladiators then, no, the planes weren't needed elsewhere as they were completely obsolete and would have presented nothing more than a grave danger to the pilots flying them. I very much hope that the RAF had the sense to put these crack pilots in something more modern. OTOH I believe that the RAF did actually have sqadrons of Gladiators on active duty in Malaysia in December 1941. The Japanese mopped them up completely within a few days time.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I'm feeling elated! It has snowed!! More than it has snowed in the last 2 or 3 years! And I am going sledding, even though I don't really fit on my sled anymore :wink:
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

It snowed in Central Pennsylvania today as well.

Today I am in some pain. Hurt my lower back today and it is hard to sit here at the computer. Plus am under an emotional strain at work from that weird woman(the one who thinks the boys sing devil music). She is so super sensitive that you even take a chance saying hello. I said something about her new hair style this morning and was told I an an "insensitive jerk" and that I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.
I grow very tired of having to tiptoe around certain people because you never know when they are going to be "hurt".
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

*nudge :wink:
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

feeling rather tired and bit uncomfortable as my nan and grandad are here so we have to be out of our normal routine :(
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I'm pretty exhausted even though it's the school holidays cos I spent the whole afternoon "trying" to clear my wardrobe and clearing stuff on my table. I'm still not done on the tables though.

By the way, I kinda need help with cleaning, I mean, how can I actually prevent dust from congregating on my study table/cupboards? My table and open-air (broken door) cupboards get dusty very easily. I'm lazy to keep having to clean it, so are there any easy solutions? :D :D :D
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I am feeling anxious and excited... Libera are performing in Japan and I want to know how they got on, who sang what songs, what new songs (if any) they have added.... I NEED INFORMATION !! :lol: