Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by dani »

Thank you for the review. I am really excited to hear Stefans solo :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:Also, I didn't know (or forgot) about an earlier version of While The Shepherds Watched Their Flock on SoP - so that was with Mini Ben? I'll have to look that up ;)

Yep it was Mini Ben. It was on the Aled Jones Christmas dvd that was out in about 2008/2009.
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

hannah_kirstin wrote:Just bought my copy a few hours ago and have had it on repeat since then. Can't seem to get enough! I love Libera and all things Christmas! Here's a quick review.
Fantastic review Hannah and how quickly you made it available! This could go down as the fastest review in history! And you may even be the first person in the world to hear the CD! What an honour!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote:
maartendas wrote: Also, I didn't know (or forgot) about an earlier version of While The Shepherds Watched Their Flock on SoP - so that was with Mini Ben? I'll have to look that up ;)
Yep it was Mini Ben. It was on the Aled Jones Christmas dvd that was out in about 2008/2009.
Ah, thanks :) I still haven't seen that one, only bits of it on YT.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I will have to keep checking Youtube now to see if they go up. People normally leak songs in to-days day and age.
YukiBOL

Post by YukiBOL »

Thank you for the NICE review, Hannah! :D Can't wait to hear them! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:
dani wrote:
maartendas wrote: Also, I didn't know (or forgot) about an earlier version of While The Shepherds Watched Their Flock on SoP - so that was with Mini Ben? I'll have to look that up ;)
Ah, thanks :) I still haven't seen that one, only bits of it on YT.

That performance is bound to be on there. Its a good performance as the older men come out in black( from St P's) and join in with the boys. So you see some old faces like Steven , Sam , Big Ben and so on.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

A quick question

Is Jubilate Deo , just Jubilate ? as i just typed in Libera Jubilate Deo and all i get is Liam on Jubilate!
skittles

Post by skittles »

hannah_kirstin wrote: 2. Still, Still, Still - Solo : Ralph Skan - Very slow and tender. Imagine watching stars under the Bethlehem sky when listening to this. Lower register is very, very prominent in the last stanza of this song. Yay for Josh, Liam, Jonathan, Tiarnan, Sam, Ben (did i leave anyone out?)
Sammy M and Alex ;)
Ahhh, I was going to wait until they came and just buy a CD at the meet and greet but maybe I'll have to get one tomorrow after all. Did you get yours at an Odyssey?
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

dani wrote:
maartendas wrote:Also, I didn't know (or forgot) about an earlier version of While The Shepherds Watched Their Flock on SoP - so that was with Mini Ben? I'll have to look that up ;)

Oooops! My mistake, Dani is right. Mini Ben sang it for the Aled special. It's on YouTube. Big Ben, Steven G, and some ex Libera members join in at the last verse of the song..
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

skittles wrote:
Sammy M and Alex ;)
Ahhh, I was going to wait until they came and just buy a CD at the meet and greet but maybe I'll have to get one tomorrow after all. Did you get yours at an Odyssey?
Ah yes, Sammy and Alex! Initially asked at SM Megamall Odyssey and they had it but not the deluxe edition. So went up to SM record bar and ended up buying it there. Not the deluxe one, though. It's also available at Astroplus and Tower Records, according to some libera fans on FB. I'll probably end up buying another one if there's a meet& greet, but hey, anything to support the boys! :D
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

dani wrote:A quick question

Is Jubilate Deo , just Jubilate ? as i just typed in Libera Jubilate Deo and all i get is Liam on Jubilate!
Yes, the exact same song. Not sure why RP renamed it..
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Wow! Great review, Hannah! Thanks for all the details! The soloist list is wonderful! So many of them get to do solos! Can't wait to get this CD! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

hannah_kirstin wrote:
dani wrote:A quick question

Yes, the exact same song. Not sure why RP renamed it..

Thank you and it does make sense its been recorded because it now opens the concerts this year. Its a bit like how he re-named Lament at the recent concerts lol , he likes to re-name songs to confuse the fans :lol: :mrgreen:
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Lauren wrote:Wow! Great review, Hannah! Thanks for all the details! The soloist list is wonderful! So many of them get to do solos! Can't wait to get this CD! :D
Thanks, Lauren! Definitely THE must-have of all the Christmas albums out there. Would be great to give as a gift too, Libera would have some new fans! Earlier at the mall, 2 young girls approached me. Apparently they saw me unwrapping the album and asked me where I got it. Not enough promo for this album! :(
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...