The first song - which was it, where were you, etc.

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

John2008

Post by John2008 »

Locus Iste...10 seconds into that song and I was in love :D A friend sent me an mp3 of "Visions" and that was it, I was hooked from then on.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

I was listening to Andrew Johnston singing "Pie Jesu" on youtube and there was a link for Oliver Putland singing the same song, from there I just followed the related video section until I found more of their songs! I think the first songs I bought were Sanctus and Orinocco Flow!

I havnt been a fan for that long, only a few months, but I love them!
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: The first song - which was it, where were you, etc.

Post by jennaluvspbr »

AlAl wrote:Which was the first song of Libera you heard, in what situation and did you immediately pay attention to it or you had to learn more about them before appreciating the magic of their sound.
the frst time i heard libera wwas in 2007 or 2008 and i fond libera on you tube and i was so happy to hear them sing i did not no they wrer that good and so i have there dvd and cd now so its fun to whc it on you tube and dvd and cd and thats how i fond them its nice to sher with friends that dot no much a bout libera but my be new ones can come and tell us what they thank of libera some day so thats what i thnk
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

*bump*

I first heard them December last year. My friend and I were having a 'study break' and she showed me the video of Sanctus. I think it was Ed Day doing the solo.

Needless to say, I was hooked. :P
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

First of all I like very much Billy Gilman "Oklahoma" on youtube. I was looking for something new in Billie's music and find Libera, a song called Libera too. A good song I thought. 8)
Next day I cant forget this song and find it one more time. And one more and one more... and... Here I am ... LOL :roll:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Hey Narnian, how I stumbled upon Libera's songs is a miracle! I think I started browsing through youtube and then I chanced upon Billy Gilman as well, and then from some of the links it led me to Libera's Far Away (Michael's solo). I heard it one or two times, kind of like it but I didn't immediately research or find out more about Libera. Then a few days or weeks later I came across the exact same video of Libera and then somehow I felt the urge to listen to more of such songs. And this led me from one video to another of Libera, and I eventually got hooked, purchased 3 of their albums and now a huge fan! :D :D :D

I guess many many people also know of Libera's music through youtube. The internet can really be a powerful tool and influential as well.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Hi, XsakuraX 8)
We have the same history I see :)

All ways lead to Libera anyway LOL :roll:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Yeah, really glad I got to know of Libera. Never regretted buying their albums and spending quite a bit of time to know and learn more about them. They provide sunshine to my otherwise dull and boring life. :D

And lte's spread the love and tell more people about Libera! (I tried but well, not very successful I must say.)
krishna mie
Silver Member

sanctus

Post by krishna mie »

i only stumbled with Libera last Friday while looking for Christmas songs... i was also resting from my paper works at school at that time...

but the first song i heard, and i considered as my first love is SANCTUS...

i've been sleeping late these days just listening to their songs... haha! i feel like a doting mum every time i watch their videos.
dillonryan

Post by dillonryan »

couple of weeks ago, i was browsing through youtube looking for some good music videos. i found sanctus (when will i be famous) saw it was from liberausa and looked at the rest of his videos. i am now completely hooked on libera and cant wait until next album comes out. hopefully i will be getting one for christmas.
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

dillonryan wrote:couple of weeks ago, i was browsing through youtube looking for some good music videos. i found sanctus (when will i be famous) saw it was from liberausa and looked at the rest of his videos. i am now completely hooked on libera and cant wait until next album comes out. hopefully i will be getting one for christmas.
Welcome to the world of Libera ;) If your just joining us, the CD called "Eternal" which is coming on the 15th of December is a good compilation of all the good songs that they did, plus some other new goodies as well :D
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
dillonryan

Post by dillonryan »

@Pius:
I know Eternal is coming out soon and will be adding it to my christmas list also. :D
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

You should add their Angel Voices DVD to your Christmas list as well :D
Awesome video of their concert in Leiden , Netherlands.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
dillonryan

Post by dillonryan »

Digs wrote:You should add their Angel Voices DVD to your Christmas list as well :D
I think I will. Thanks, Digs!
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Digs wrote:You should add their Angel Voices DVD to your Christmas list as well :D
Hi Dillon - I completely agree with Digs here. The concert DVD and CD were actually the first Libera CD/DVD I bought and were worth every penny !