three random facts about yourself

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

Quinnsome wrote:Okay, more random facts, just for fun...
3. I have never seen the ocean
:o This is madness!
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

lol, wow it certainly is!!!

Yet, then again, I have never seen snow.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
libera36

Post by libera36 »

What?? Never seen the ocean?? Never seen snow?? Wow.... Not that I'm claiming I live in a place that gets loads of snow or is right on the ocean... :D But we get some snow during the winter and the ocean is only a couple hours drive!! Wow....
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

<looks out the window> I SEE SNOW! When you spend the schoolyear in syracuse, you get a good amount of it, along with lower temperatures. For instance: Monday morning when I walked to school it was 3 degrees Fahrenheit out (it reached the mid 40's the day after).
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

and I'm sitting here sweating like mad because it's so humid. Officially it's 70 degrees F. but certainly doesn't feel like it; feels more like 80.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Wow... its 50 something where I am (or it was... a couple of hours ago) and I've heard people complaining about how it should be warmer! And people complaining about how much colder it needs to be.... :D We've seen flurries here 2 or 3 times already this year, and all I want is to see more!!
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

its something like 1 degress celsius wher ei live this is te wether in which i wish i cold afford driving lessons so i dont have to ride my moped home from work at 9pm lol
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Hey, I have never seen real snow too! Or the ocean! Really! We don't really have so much "nature" stuff in my country.. The closest I have seen is artificial snow from Snow City (a place where people could play with snow, learn skiing and snowboarding but the snow is man-made, so yeah.. you get the rough idea?) or maybe the beach.. which i call them "seas", but not too big to actually call them an ocean..

There's only summer here, so basically the temperatures all around the same every day, between 25 degrees to maybe 32 degrees? Is it considered hot? I'm not too sure if compared to your countries, but I'm always complaining of the hot and humid weather.. Haha..
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Wow, 25 degrees to 32 degrees?? Wait, are we talking Fahrenheit or Celsius?? I think xsakurax, since 25 to 32 degrees Celsius translates to 77 to (roughly) 87 degrees Fahrenheit, I would say that is fairly warm, coming from the mid East coast! The lowest we tend to get is about 13 degrees Farenheit and the highest is about.... 104 or 105 degrees (Farenheit), at the hottest point of the summer!! Heat is something we have plenty of! :D
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

libera36 wrote:Wow, 25 degrees to 32 degrees?? Wait, are we talking Fahrenheit or Celsius?? I think xsakurax, since 25 to 32 degrees Celsius translates to 77 to (roughly) 87 degrees Fahrenheit, I would say that is fairly warm, coming from the mid East coast! The lowest we tend to get is about 13 degrees Farenheit and the highest is about.... 104 or 105 degrees (Farenheit), at the hottest point of the summer!! Heat is something we have plenty of! :D
She definitely means Celsius. I live in Singapore for the most part of the year, and I think the seasons there are only hot and hotter. :lol: The Philippines isn't any better...it's also pretty hot here right now.

More random facts:

1. I also haven't seen real snow before.
2. I'm third in a family of four kids.
3. I really like the movie Simon Birch. :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

email

Post by email »

hm..I've never see snow too.. at least i've seen beach and sea .. :lol:
Sakura, how come you never see sea? you live in an island :p
well, now i know some of libera fans is my 'neighbour'.
i live in indonesia.. :p
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I have seen seas, sort of I guess.. Those at the beaches. But they are not really huge here.. So yeah.. :D
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i get to see the sea most days as i live like 10 minutes away, well its not huge what i can see as the isle of wight blocks the view but its really nice to see the sun set over the isle of weight from main land england.

one problem living cloe to the sea is sea gulls :evil: they learnt or eaten times at school so ever time it was lunch time they hounded our playground and pooped alot lol. glad i left school now. :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Living in Central Pennsylvania, the ocean is quite a long drive away. I haven't been to the shore since I was 16, way back in 1976.
Got to say though, being far from the ocean doesn't keep the seagulls away. There is a small flock of them that roost in the parking lot near where I work and if the trash dumpster is not kept closed, they are in it in a heartbeat.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

xsakurax wrote:There's only summer here, so basically the temperatures all around the same every day, between 25 degrees to maybe 32 degrees? Is it considered hot? I'm not too sure if compared to your countries, but I'm always complaining of the hot and humid weather.. Haha..
That's our typical "spring" or "fall". Summer is gets much hotter and winter (all 2 weeks of it) can get much colder. Florida's crazy!!!