The first song - which was it, where were you, etc.

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Shinri

Post by Shinri »

For me it was "When a Knight Won His Spurs" from Free playing on XM radio as I was driving in late 2004. I was blown away and had to park the car while it finished, and since then have collected almost every recording. Curiously, for years before that I had a vinyl copy of the 1990 Angel Voices album New Day, but it had been overlooked in my very large record collection.
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

For myself, the first song of Libera that I heard was "Locus Iste" during 2006 (or was it late 2005?).

Odd thing was, I was in my coop placement and I was getting bored. I decided to turn on the radio and place it on the classical music station. After listening to a couple of the classical composers, suddenly an angelic sound just came on the radio. It had a rhythm that was similar to a song that I have previously heard before (Pachbel's Canon).
I listened to it and it was astounding! After that, I kept looking for a song named "Locus Iste" and stumbled upon "Sanctus" and I though that it was incorrectly named (even though it IS the actual name of the song).

I was not an avid fan back then but now, my respect for Libera has somehow rekindled during the late 2007's. I think it is because I heard the song "Going Home" somewhere, I forgot where though...
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

the first time i heard libera was when i was rond a friends watching when will i be famous. they were signing sanctus and i was hooked from them. :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

They were great weren't they. Some people scoffed at Libera appearing on a tacky show like When Will I Be Famous, but I think it was a great success, and your proof it was, it widened their appeal to new fans.

The only time my heart sank a little on that show, was when that pillock judge with glasses spouted lots of diatribe about how they did nothing for him. Well they did enough for the nation to vote them winners!!
kjackson83

Re:

Post by kjackson83 »

Salve Me, at a record store in Canada while on vacation in 2002. Loved every bit of it since. The performance Libera gave at Leiden of the piece was even better than the studio cut...Joe Snelling's cry, "Salva!" over and over always sends chills down my spine.
Urs

Promotion Video: New Dawn

Post by Urs »

I followed a link to youtube and encountered the promotion video for the new album New Dawn.

So it was "Gloria" because this i the first song in that film.

And so it was all over for me :-)
I found myself in a new world of music and spent quit a lot time surfing and exploring.
Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

Yea, it was last winter of 2007 and the first time I heard libera it freaked me out because of the robes and not understanding a word their saying I wasn't sure if it was good or bad so I went to their website and I've been hooked since.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

YouTube and other video sharing websites seem to have all introduced us to this amazing choir. Im glad that more and more people are discovering them, the more the better :D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

For me is was Dies Irae. A friend sent me a file of this, told me I'd love it. I did and it wasn't very long until I had as much of them as I could find.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

unfortunately I don't have the actual "Libera" cd yet and Dies Irae is only on that albm apparently. I have never heard the song before though anyway. Thanks for telling us TEB and welcome to the forum.

Dies Irae
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

From what I've been able to tell, the current line up has never performed Dies Irae in concert. It would be nice if Robert P. would add it to the show.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yes (to Tom)...another take on a lot of their older repertoire would be very welcome indeed...Dies Irae, and also Luminosa and Jubilate.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I've always liked the song "Wings of a Dove". It would be nice if they could do it again.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I first saw a video of them singing I Have A Dream on YouTube last New Year's!! I had been watching a video of Vienna Boys Choir singing My Heart Will Go On and I saw that it was a video response. I wasn't hooked immediately, but after a few times watching it I discovered I loved it!! I thought that Liam O'Kane was Darren Geraghty because all the comments were about Darren!! But that was soon straightened out.... :D I think the second video I saw was either Sanctus II or their performance on When Will I Be Famous.... well, whatever it was, I am now a big fan!!!
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

" I am the day"

I think the latest version of it is the best yet tho.
ooooh! "Josh M."