US Tour Dates - Summer 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Katyafan, you might want to post some message at the FB page of Libera as well. Sometimes I see people from Texas posting there from time to time. Not really sure if they can help or if they be around to read queries, but it's worth a try.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/libera/us ... 4569043071
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Cathedral Basilica in St Louis looks really tempting, maybe I'll fly over to the states for the first time :)

Most of the other events are free with a goodwill offering, so again better access for Libera fans away from UK soil it seems.

Even taking into account some sightseeing days between the 29th-5th August, I'd be surprised if they didn't undertake some 'Libera' singing activities during that period.

Thanks for the blog, very informative.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
little-miss-sunshine

Post by little-miss-sunshine »

I thought for sure Chicago would be added to this "midwest and southern" US tour. How could they not find a sponsor in such a city?

Now I'm upset because here I am in the Chicagoland area, St. Louis is so far (4/5 hour drive) yet at the same time, close enough were I would regret terribly for not going because it will probably be the closest Libera will ever get to me. *sigh*
What to do, what to do.

The only Libera fan I know in person who could drive me is my mother but I don't think she would be up to this little trip.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

phlibera wrote:Katyafan, you might want to post some message at the FB page of Libera as well. Sometimes I see people from Texas posting there from time to time. Not really sure if they can help or if they be around to read queries, but it's worth a try.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/libera/us ... 4569043071
thank you for the idea! i think i am just going to wait and see. sometimes it is hard living in such a big country, it becomes a very big deal to travel even two states over.

knowing that they are going 2 places in Texas so close is great, now I am leaning that way...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

little-miss-sunshine wrote:I thought for sure Chicago would be added to this "midwest and southern" US tour. How could they not find a sponsor in such a city?

Now I'm upset because here I am in the Chicagoland area, St. Louis is so far (4/5 hour drive) yet at the same time, close enough were I would regret terribly for not going because it will probably be the closest Libera will ever get to me. *sigh*
What to do, what to do.

The only Libera fan I know in person who could drive me is my mother but I don't think she would be up to this little trip.
Go, Go, Go :D I had a similar length of drive when I saw them for the first time in the UK last year - I guarantee you will regret not going more than you will regret the long drive!

#edit# just realised you don't drive :( I'm guessing the train is probably a non-starter too :cry:

Well, they've covered the other parts of the States already so I guess it's only a matter of time before they get to Chicago and Seattle et al.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

I'm surprised Washington DC isn't on this tour. There are a lot of great venues such as the national cathedral or the Kennedy center. Or even in Richmond there is the landmark theater or Carpenter center or the cathedral of the sacred heart.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Some pictures showing Vienna Boys Choir when they performed at Cathedral Basilica last year -> here

It looks like an immense place, would love to be there.

Hope Libera allow them to include some pictures of their performance on their website too.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

heeh91 wrote:I'm surprised Washington DC isn't on this tour. There are a lot of great venues such as the national cathedral or the Kennedy center. Or even in Richmond there is the landmark theater or Carpenter center or the cathedral of the sacred heart.
Well, Robert has done DC and the Kennedy Center before. I guess he, err the boys, wanted to go to somewhere new :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Some pictures showing Vienna Boys Choir when they performed at Cathedral Basilica last year -> here

It looks like an immense place, would love to be there.

Hope Libera allow them to include some pictures of their performance on their website too.
Cool. Cathedral Basilica is really stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! The ceiling looks pretty high, can imagine the sound and echo-y effects when Libera performs there.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

For all those complaining about a drive and live nearby welp All of us on the eastern and western seaboards have to drive upwards to 2 days(if you're driving the speed limit) to get to some areas!
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
libera36

Post by libera36 »

irishoreo wrote:For all those complaining about a drive and live nearby welp All of us on the eastern and western seaboards have to drive upwards to 2 days(if you're driving the speed limit) to get to some areas!
Yep. Nothing's under 10/11 hours for me, so no trip this time. :cry: Hopefully next time though! I'd love if they added Charlotte, NC to the list though, that's a good bit closer than Nashville or Atlanta, but its also not that far from the rest of their tour...
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

i couldn't drive, it would take days. have to fly. like my money, flying away.....
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

libera36 wrote:
irishoreo wrote:For all those complaining about a drive and live nearby welp All of us on the eastern and western seaboards have to drive upwards to 2 days(if you're driving the speed limit) to get to some areas!
Yep. Nothing's under 10/11 hours for me, so no trip this time. :cry: Hopefully next time though! I'd love if they added Charlotte, NC to the list though, that's a good bit closer than Nashville or Atlanta, but its also not that far from the rest of their tour...

Same for me and my friends. The drive is about 10/11 hrs to anywhere. And if I flew I'm not old enough to rent a car when I got there.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

heeh91 wrote:
libera36 wrote:

Same for me and my friends. The drive is about 10/11 hrs to anywhere. And if I flew I'm not old enough to rent a car when I got there.

same same....now if the age to rent a car was 21 i'd be set....one thing I NEVER understood about my own country....We have to be 18 to serve the country in war and own a licensed gun, 19 to buy tobacco products that can kill us, 21 to buy alcohol but we cant rent a car until we're 25?!?!?!
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

More info at my blog on each U.S. concert.

A few items of note:

1. St. Louis has general seating within the 3 ticket price areas.

2. Nashville also has Libera singing in its 3 morning church services!

3. Atlanta tickets don't go on sale online until Thursday, July 15.