going public

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Candid
Silver Member

Post by Candid »

Whoa! so whats the difference between your real voice and falsetto. can you tell if you're using falsetto.

update: on dec 19th I will sing for this christmas thing where I work its gonna be ave maria cuccini. Every time I think about it I get nervous. so far Im arranging to get background music for the song, where the singing is taken off. I can't wait to show you guys my attempt at singing libera.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I could explain it in person because I could show you but to write it down would be hard. Just about anyone can sing in falsetto. It is called that because it is a "false" high voice. You are not using your real voice. Even Steven G. could sing high notes with falsetto and he has a deep voice. Maybe do some YouTube searches for the singer Tiny Tim or Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. They were known for falsetto singing.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
libera36

Post by libera36 »

James Blunt is another artist with an extraordinary falsetto... If you are not listening for it, it is very hard to tell when he is using his falsetto and when he is not!!
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

libera36 wrote:And the Russian opera singer, Vitas, I think his name is..... His Opera #2 is amazing.... If you haven't seen it, watch it here- " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;! Little weird, but all in all- WICKED!!!!
Hahahah! ohhhAAH!!!!!! Truly wicked :D
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, it is, isn't it?? Wicked is about the only word that really describes that song....
email

Post by email »

Perhaps I could try to explain the difference between falsetto and throat voice.
When you using falsetto it's like your voice come out from your head. The first time I try it, I have to close my nose. My teacher tought me that since my throat voice is not to high.
When you take very low note usually you use throat voice.
Well hope this could help you, and good luck with your performance!!! :D
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

libera36 wrote:Yeah, it is, isn't it?? Wicked is about the only word that really describes that song....
Hi Libera36..... just reading your location statement :cry:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

:D Its a joke.... Its one of my favorite quotes from the Harry Potter books and I use it whenever possible... So while I am in my room right now, I am not being particularly quiet (I am singing...) and I am definitely not pretending I don't exist!!
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

libera36 wrote::D Its a joke.... Its one of my favorite quotes from the Harry Potter books and I use it whenever possible... So while I am in my room right now, I am not being particularly quiet (I am singing...) and I am definitely not pretending I don't exist!!
:D Very good.... I didn't pick up on the Harry Potter link. Glad your not sad then :wink:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Nope! Definitely not sad :D In fact, I am currently thriving on Libera's new Christmas songs with Aled Jones!!!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

Narnian wrote:OK, Good luck, Candid! Hope to see your new vid :) And hope that Liam will see it too... LOL...
Why especially Liam? Ya favourite? :)

btw... All Libera's songs are very difficult to sing. You have to be strong. :)
Remember Joe Snelling says in interview (about singing high notes): Oh, it's easy for me... LOL ... :lol: :lol:
Yeah, it's easy for me too! and my sister can sing AMAZINGLY HIGH NOTES! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

illuminaperpetua wrote:
Narnian wrote:OK, Good luck, Candid! Hope to see your new vid :) And hope that Liam will see it too... LOL...

Remember Joe Snelling says in interview (about singing high notes): Oh, it's easy for me... LOL ... :lol: :lol:
Yeah, it's easy for me too! and my sister can sing AMAZINGLY HIGH NOTES! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ok, but don't forget that they are Boyz :lol:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Narnian wrote:
illuminaperpetua wrote:

ok, but don't forget that they are Boyz :lol:
So? they may not be able to sing that high for ever but they can for a while! did you watch the video?
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

TEB wrote:I could explain it in person because I could show you but to write it down would be hard. Just about anyone can sing in falsetto. It is called that because it is a "false" high voice. You are not using your real voice. Even Steven G. could sing high notes with falsetto and he has a deep voice. Maybe do some YouTube searches for the singer Tiny Tim or Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. They were known for falsetto singing.
My dad used to sing falsetto all the time for choir and people would ask "Who was the little boy singing the solo? I didn't see him anywhere..." and my dad would just laugh and watch them go "what?" and then one year he sang a solo from Faure's requiem and my mom thought it was a woman! :lol: but now he can't sing falsetto anymore because he started singing for the evening service at our church and ruined his voice! :cry:
Candid
Silver Member

Ave Maria caccin - ok I finally got some audio of me singing

Post by Candid »

Today is the first day I chose to record using my new digital voice recorder I am still trying to find out how to sing high without any distubances, maybe I have to be further away from the recorder or something it is a capella and a chopped up version of what libera sings but tell me what you think.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;