Libera on BBC 'Last Choir Standing' 2008

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Is it a live performance? And only on BBC? Sigh.. I don't have BBC!
Yeah...it's a BBC show. They (the BBC) are working on making all shows available online to watch on demand (bbc.co.uk/iplayer), but since every U.K. household pays a "licence fee" to help fund the Corporation, those will only be available in the U.K. (for now). Also, BBC America doesn't get the full range of the Corporation's programs (sorry, "programmes"), but rather certain things from Britain and other shows designed specifically for BBC America (it's considered a separate organization under the main corporation).

...not sure what they do in Singapore, xsakurax, aside from World Service. Check YT a few days after the show--there might be something there. The BBC has several official YT channels, and of course there are other people... :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hopefully some British fans will tape the show and make Libera's performance available for viewing onYouTube as has been done for the Songs of Praise and When Will I Be Famous apearences.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

"Last Restaurant Standing"...I wonder if that's where Gordon Ramsey pays your venue a visit! (mere survival would be grounds for "victory" there :o )
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Sanctus must be the favourite. For die-hard Libera fans like us, who have heard many versions of Sanctus we may be hoping for something a little different. How amazing would 'I Am The Day' be, or 'Libera'. For news fans who don't know Libera yet, Sanctus still remains the song that best demonstrates the fullest range of the boys vocal capabilities.

I'm not sure it will be live. They are singing at a service in Devon that Sunday morning.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Something fanfare-ish, I guess, if they only get one song (not sure about that). Salva...but that's also been done quite a bit. Maybe Libera--it's a good calling card.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

kjackson83 wrote:Maybe Libera--it's a good calling card.
I agree, but who knows. Im getting excited now :D cant wait to see it!!
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

hi libera fans
yey im from england and can watch the last choir standing, i will record it hopeful nd find a way of getting in of my sky+ box and onto youtube (dont know how but i can try :D)
its a shame that only england will be able to watch the last choir standig but i will try my best to get the recording onto my laptop and then onto youtube.
one question though, cant other countries access bbc/iplayer?
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

cant other countries access bbc/iplayer?
We can get the audio only programs (sorry, "programmes") through the iPlayer, but nothing video because of the fee--they have to restrict something to justify the fee for your households. So no, we can't watch anything on iPlayer, just hear it (and only radio programmes, nothing from the TV). :(
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

well that sucks, i will try my hardest to get the video onto the computer i will record it on sky+ and on my dvd recorder so hopefully i will get one of them up. so that all other libera fans can see them sing.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I myself am recruiting a few friends living in the UK to record the show and send me a copy to I can get it onto YouTube and the website as well. Cant wait to see it!! :D

And it sucks that we in other parts of the world dont get to watch it either. But with the help from you and other British folk we can so thanks :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yeah, that really does suck--I don't suppose anyone over there would be interested in letting me pay their licence fee in exchange for all that public broadcasting the BBC puts on? :wink: Just kidding...I'm a huge fan of the BBC, though, because of their support for things like Libera and music in general. Your "Proms Concerts" series going on right now is way cool...we don't have anything remotely like that in America. :(
libera36

Post by libera36 »

If only people saw Libera as important as we do and decided to broadcast it all over the world!! Ah well..... Libera is still one of those (partially) undiscovered beauty's of the world..... I think it will probably be Sanctus, Libera or Salva Me...... but maybe they will do something else!! I'd love to see them pull out and old classic like Ave Verum..... and Adoramus is always amazing!!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Libera always seems to surprise, maybe they will on Sunday who knows :wink:

EDIT: Libera will be performing 'Orinoco Flow' at their performance on BBC's 'Last Choir Standing' on 27 July 2008 at 7:35pm, according to EMI UK.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Orinoco Flow. mmmmmmmmm... not the first song that came to mind.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah same with me, but thats what their record label has down, but who knows, maybe they will surprise us.... :wink: