Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Concert in Arundel - 5 May 2012

Post by john45 »

rachels wrote:Hi all,

I'm Rachel, from England,

I don't have a premium ticket, so what time do you think I need to get there by? I am quite happy to wait until all you super-fans have taken the front seats, but I am very short, so I don't want to be too far back!!
Are the pews comfortable or should I take something to sit on? Are they cold, do people take blankets? Do you have any advice you could give me?

Thanks! Rachel
Hi Rachel

The die-hards will probably start queueing from around 2.00PM. Many of them will be premium ticket holders. The camaraderie of the queue helps make the time pass and it is always nice to meet the other fans but the queue doesn't usually start getting long until around 6.00 PM for a 7.30PM start. Quite often tickets for collection will be distributed before the doors open so not to worry there. I don’t have to tell you anything about English weather but I would be more concerned with conditions outside the cathedral than inside. Once the concert starts you will be transported to a different level and will feel neither the hardness of the pews nor the coldness of the air.
For the best sound, about halfway back is probably the best position. I like to be up front so that I can tell who is singing which part (some of the harmonies are very complex) and also to enjoy seeing the singers’ expressions some of which can be very animated.

John
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

john45 wrote: I like to be up front so that I can tell who is singing which part (some of the harmonies are very complex) and also to enjoy seeing the singers’ expressions some of which can be very animated.
Which is why I bought a small pair of binoculars this time (I meant to get them for Epsom but forgot). Hope to pick them up tomorrow :)
And welcome Rachel! :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

john45 wrote:
Sue wrote:.

Well, Arundel concert time is fast approaching - time for a fan guest list :)

Feel free to complete the list if you know more people.
Yuki and Mama (Japan) will be there.

John

That would be Yuki & Lauren, right?

Welcome to you Rachel, good to see you here :)

I have read about a kind of 'save money' - train tickets for the distance London-Arundel. There are called
Anytime Return Ticket, Anytime Day Ticket & Anytime Single Ticket. Does anyone know what the price is & how to get the tickets, at a machine or in the train?
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Sue wrote: I have read about a kind of 'save money' - train tickets for the distance London-Arundel. There are called
Anytime Return Ticket, Anytime Day Ticket & Anytime Single Ticket. Does anyone know what the price is & how to get the tickets, at a machine or in the train?
You can find all the informations on the Southern Homepage and there are also some posts about train tickets in this thread. :wink:
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Sue wrote:That would be Yuki & Lauren, right?
Lauren is from the USA and is Lexi's mom. I don't think she'll be in Arundel.
Yuki's mom travels with her to many of the concerts. I think she usually doesn't go to
the UK ones, so this would be a rare event for her.

I am expecting to see Viabuona and Yorkie who are not yet on your list.
Adding Switzerland for Viabuona (and Japan for Yuki) and I come up with attendees from ten
different countries. Wonder if that's a record for Libera?
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

At least it is not snowing. :lol:

timjanni

Post by timjanni »

tom413 wrote: ...
Adding Switzerland for Viabuona (and Japan for Yuki) and I come up with attendees from ten
In Singapore there were at least fans from
Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, China, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, France, Germany - and I might have missed some. ;)
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Yes, the Libera choristers are multicultural & their fans, too. :D

Some useful informations for the fans who will be more than 24 hours there in Arundel:

The location is not far from the coast and there is the Coastliner bus with the service number 700 by operator Stagecoach South. It has several stops in Arundel & you can drive to coast places like Brighton with it.

Also the service number 84 by operator Compass Travel has several stops in Arundel.

Bus timetables & maps here:
http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se ... eOffset=15
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

timjanni wrote:
Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, China, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, France, Germany - and I might have missed some. ;)
You missed Lauren (USA), Martin. Lol. ;)
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

madine_lover wrote:
timjanni wrote:
You missed Lauren (USA), Martin. Lol. ;)
Ops, guilty. :oops:
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

14 different countries is an incredible turnout! :shock:
rachels

Post by rachels »

Thanks everyone! I think I will probably dress warm and bring cushions and get there at about 6pm ish then. I wanted to spend the day seeing the castle :) Thanks for the advice :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

rachels wrote:Thanks everyone! I think I will probably dress warm and bring cushions and get there at about 6pm ish then. I wanted to spend the day seeing the castle :) Thanks for the advice :D
My boyfriend and I will probably bump into you then :) We plan to visit the castle as well, though we hope to join the queue early on. Praying for sunshine :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Looking into train tickets for early Sunday morning so we can catch the 11.30 Mass at St. Paul's but it's pretty expensive - nearly £ 50 for the two of us. I don't understand how some of you got a lot cheaper tickets. Here in the Netherlands it's the same price for the same distance but I guess in the UK it works differently :?
Oh my boyfriend says that on the National Railway website they give cheaper options than Southern. Like a Super Off Peak Day Ticket (single). Confusing :?:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

maartendas wrote:[...] I don't understand how some of you got a lot cheaper tickets.
[...]Oh my boyfriend says that on the National Railway website they give cheaper options than Southern.
I just went to Southern Railway site and all trains Arundel --> Victoria on sunday morning can be booked for less than £5 per person :)