Libera - Japan Tour - April 2009

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:No, I don't think they are in the US yet. I heard a rumor that they were performing on Easter morning at St. Ignatius Church in Tokyo, but I don't know. Their performances in California are on the 19th and the 19th!

Thanks for the update. So i thought they was there these weekend when its next weekend :)

Oh and what does Daniel Fortannaz(sp) however you spell his surname look like? I cant picture him in my head.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote: Thanks for the update. So i thought they was there these weekend when its next weekend :)

Oh and what does Daniel Fortannaz(sp) however you spell his surname look like? I cant picture him in my head.

"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Can someone translate this post? http://wies.blog62.fc2.com/blog-entry-163.html

No new pictures but there seems to be a nice anecdote of Josh near the end. I hope we get to see videos from their trip to Japan like those reports they sometimes post in the EMI japan website.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

carina_gino20 wrote:
dani wrote: Thanks for the update. So i thought they was there these weekend when its next weekend :)

Thank you so much for that photo, for some reason i think i was thinking of Freddie the little blond kid as Daniel looked nothing like i expected :)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ah hah! So its Stefan Leadbeater, not Stephen Leadbeater. Cute kid. And he already got a solo! Says his birth year is 1998. Which would make him 10 or 11.

I Babel Fish translated the more comprehensive reviews and I've figured out that Kavana sang the top notes to Far Away, the ones Tom used to sing, before he sang both parts. It also said that Stefan had a very "clean" Salva... apparently he has a sweet voice! She said that Alex has a similar voice to Sam and that Kavana's voice is like Tom's. This part was more muddled, but I think she also said that Tom's teachings to Kavana were "transmitted securely" :wink: On the 2nd page: Flynn apparently did a lovely "May The Road Rise Up". She said he has a very cute voice. Freddie and James did a nice job on Prayer to, she said. Their voices are still a little thin, as they are young. The part on Mysterium was a little difficult to read, but I think she said that Ed's voice is stronger now, than it used to be. About Stay With Me: she thinks that Daniel was very nervous the first concert, and it was not as good as the second concert. Daniel was very earnest. No words left for Liam though, on Libera. She said his voice was "enormous", whatever that means! I gather that Stefan does a lot of the high notes, too. She talked about that quite often. The rest of the pages was about the signings, which was much harder to read!
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

Here is the link for Babel Fish if you want to translate anything. You can translate up to 150 words at a time.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=slv1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Ah hah! So its Stefan Leadbeater, not Stephen Leadbeater. Cute kid. And he already got a solo! Says his birth year is 1998. Which would make him 10 or 11.

I Babel Fish translated the more comprehensive reviews and I've figured out that Kavana sang the top notes to Far Away, the ones Tom used to sing, before he sang both parts. It also said that Stefan had a very "clean" Salva... apparently he has a sweet voice! She said that Alex has a similar voice to Sam and that Kavana's voice is like Tom's. This part was more muddled, but I think she also said that Tom's teachings to Kavana were "transmitted securely" :wink: On the 2nd page: Flynn apparently did a lovely "May The Road Rise Up". She said he has a very cute voice. Freddie and James did a nice job on Prayer to, she said. Their voices are still a little thin, as they are young. The part on Mysterium was a little difficult to read, but I think she said that Ed's voice is stronger now, than it used to be. About Stay With Me: she thinks that Daniel was very nervous the first concert, and it was not as good as the second concert. Daniel was very earnest. No words left for Liam though, on Libera. She said his voice was "enormous", whatever that means! I gather that Stefan does a lot of the high notes, too. She talked about that quite often. The rest of the pages was about the signings, which was much harder to read!

Great translation :) ..... So looks like in years to come Kavana could be a lead solost. And glad to see everybody loves how strong Liams voice is, he is so great.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Thanks, it was almost more of decoding than translating. Babel Fish has a language of its own :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's funny reading the google translation of these Japanese blogs. It's hard though to get accurate detail, but it sounds like one of the bloggers got a little stagefright when she suddenly found herself infront of Josh when he was signing her concert brochure. She forgot her English and forgot to hold her hand out for a handshake. Then she regained her composure when she moved onto Liam, Ed Mini-Ben etc.. lol

If you think we like Libera, then some of the Japanese fans virtually hero worship them!

The charity concert photo was cool too, it's good to see Japanese children so thrilled and happy that they went to see Libera, and Alex almost seems to be getting down with them and hi-fiving them in that picture lol
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Awwww... yeah, I saw that picture of Alex and those kids. Alex seems like a really sweet kid. All of these boys seem so sweet. And they all seem so happy. Kudos to everybody in their lives, because they are (or at least from what I've seen and heard) raising kids with real morals. And they seem so mature :!:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Awwww... yeah, I saw that picture of Alex and those kids. Alex seems like a really sweet kid. All of these boys seem so sweet. And they all seem so happy. Kudos to everybody in their lives, because they are (or at least from what I've seen and heard) raising kids with real morals. And they seem so mature :!:
To be fair i think the Madines and the Leggetts are raising wonderful kids, Sam,Alex and Josh all seem like such polite kids and in the area they live they must be few and far between. Most boys there age will be into drinking and hanging out of street corners so they must just be a really nice family.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, but it seems like all the boys in Libera are being raised well. They have to all have strong personalities, because being in a boys choir is socially probably not the easiest thing to do. Actually, scratch the "probably" and make it a "definitely". Another thing is, they all seem very grounded. I don't think there is a boy with an inflated ego in Libera. I don't think RP would let that happen!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Yeah, but it seems like all the boys in Libera are being raised well. They have to all have strong personalities, because being in a boys choir is socially probably not the easiest thing to do. Actually, scratch the "probably" and make it a "definitely". Another thing is, they all seem very grounded. I don't think there is a boy with an inflated ego in Libera. I don't think RP would let that happen!
LoL have you seen Tom? Tom is very arrogent and that comes across in interviews. I am not the only fan to think this of Tom. I think he is really funny but he loves being front stage and everybody looking at him and it shows when you speak to him. Thats why some fans are waiting with baited breath to see if he will sing at the back or quit as most people think it will go against the grain for Tom to be at the back and not the star of Libera.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

[quote="carina_gino20"]Can someone translate this post? http://wies.blog62.fc2.com/blog-entry-163.html
quote]

after the cherish concert (it was really crowded), josh had a 1,000 yen bill (10USD) in his hand to imply 'please donate money' message. if someone handed changes, josh gave them "jokative" smile and gave them back the changes (a cute way to imply 'dude, open your wallet' i guess lol) and if someone handed 10,000 yen bill (100USD) josh gave them 'ohh you are amazing' smile and gave them hand shakes with both hands.

haha these boys know how to raise money ;)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;