Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Schola Cantorum

Post by Luckdragon »

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

CVMS has announced that they will soon make the entire performance available for a limited time on YT.

Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 am">3 weeks ago</span>

Malakai is about to turn 15, and is still singing first treble. He’s in the same school year as DW & FM, who are now fully fledged tenors. 😳😳
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Kaelan O'Sullivan with the encore...

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

The Visions portion of the concert is now available on YouTube for a limited time:

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Seven of the Schola's best trebles are making a whirlwind trip to Paris.

Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Aaaand 3 older boys, it seems :D I hope they enjoy the trip and I hope they will be back to the UK for Saturday :lol: Some of them have stuff scheduled !
Citlec

Post by Citlec »

What a line up of soloists! Delighted to see DC there, he's Tosca shepherd boy next week...

Some of those are also in the ballad opera next week. As usual, CVMS packing it in! Also, that Visions concert. Wow. The whole concert was magnificent but that Rutter Visions, utterly sublime! Handy to have an astounding violinist as a parent of one of the boys! (His son was playing violin with the orchestra!)

Anyway, I couldn't resist coming back to LD, against my better judgement, because I am super excited for Ely, where, on my 21st Libera concert, I have my best ever seat...

Read my username backwards if you haven't worked out who I am. (Yes, sorry, it's me again)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Citlec wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:10 pm">1 week ago</span> What a line up of soloists! Delighted to see DC there, he's Tosca shepherd boy next week...

Some of those are also in the ballad opera next week. As usual, CVMS packing it in! Also, that Visions concert. Wow. The whole concert was magnificent but that Rutter Visions, utterly sublime! Handy to have an astounding violinist as a parent of one of the boys! (His son was playing violin with the orchestra!)

Anyway, I couldn't resist coming back to LD, against my better judgement, because I am super excited for Ely, where, on my 21st Libera concert, I have my best ever seat...

Read my username backwards if you haven't worked out who I am. (Yes, sorry, it's me again)
Cool! And I think we're all glad to have you back. Nothing like your insights here at LDF.

Against your better judgement?! Quite the opposite I think! Feel free to reach out using the means we used before if you're feeling up to it. Would love to reconnect before Chester and Lincoln which I would presume you're attending.
Citlec

Post by Citlec »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am">1 month ago</span> St. James' Church, Picadilly
April 25, 2024
The Schola sang Handel's Coronation Anthem, three boys performed movements in a Handel Organ Concerto and Malakai sang Eternal Source of Light Divine.
It was an interesting concert with some powerful choral pieces. But in future I would sit further away from the trumpets! Zadok would be a deafened priest...

The other thing is... Malakai's "Eternal Source of Light Divine" was exceptional. The only person I have heard sing it better is Aksel Rykkvin (and it was kind of his signature piece) but that Malakai sung it so astoundingly well, LIVE, is well, testament to just how brilliant he is...
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:57 pm">1 week ago</span> Cool! And I think we're all glad to have you back. Nothing like your insights here at LDF.

Against your better judgement?! Quite the opposite I think! Feel free to reach out using the means we used before if you're feeling up to it. Would love to reconnect before Chester and Lincoln which I would presume you're attending.
Insights, me?! I fear you may be misremembering. :P

I'm not sure yet. Lincoln no, I didn't even try for a ticket, Chester... maybe... I have front row which is the only reason I'm still considering it... but it is difficult, so I am genuinely not sure yet. Let's see what the future brings. Ely first. :D
It's actually Celtic, but I've always been a bit backwards, so my new username reflects that. :roll:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Citlec wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:17 pm">1 week ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:57 pm">1 week ago</span> Cool! And I think we're all glad to have you back. Nothing like your insights here at LDF.

Insights, me?! I fear you may be misremembering. :P

I'm not sure yet. Lincoln no, I didn't even try for a ticket, Chester... maybe... I have front row which is the only reason I'm still considering it... but it is difficult, so I am genuinely not sure yet. Let's see what the future brings. Ely first. :D
:lol: haha well I'd certainly encourage it. Keep us informed!

And so glad you enjoyed the CVMS concert.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »