Happy St Patrick's Day

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Happy St Patrick's Day

Post by kjackson83 »

Since it's already 17 March in Eire...

Happy St Patrick's Day to the forum!

... and especially to Jude Andrew, who actually lives on the Emerald Isle!
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Happy St. Patty's Day!
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Happy Saint Patrick's Day as well. Remember, it is about more than drinking green beer.

I would guess your average American doesn't even know that this is the anniversary of his death.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

TEB wrote:Happy Saint Patrick's Day as well. Remember, it is about more than drinking green beer.

I would guess your average American doesn't even know that this is the anniversary of his death.
Happy belated St. Patrick's Day everbody!! Sorry I missed you yesterday, I was out drinking a few too many of those green beers :? Great fun yesterday, today not so much :oops:

It is sad Tom that probably 80% of the people that were out celebrating had no idea why, except that " Its St. Patrick's Day". :roll:
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Re: Happy St Patrick's Day

Post by Jude Andrew »

kjackson83 wrote:Since it's already 17 March in Eire...

Happy St Patrick's Day to the forum!

... and especially to Jude Andrew, who actually lives on the Emerald Isle!
Hey thanks for that kjackson... sorry for not responding sooner :cry: ... this year was the first time in about 30 years that I spent St. Patrick's day outside of Ireland. I was in Germany working :x .....

Interestingly and I am not sure if you know this but St.Patrick wasn't Irish :shock: ... he was English !!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Yeah, I knew that. He was captured by slavers (viking if I'm not mistaken) and was taken to Ireland to work. He escaped and fled back to England where he became a Catholic and then returned to Ireland, this time of his own free will, and served as a missionary to the people there including his former captives (although there were a few attempts on his life). I'm not sure how he died though.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;