Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by Padmachou »

Yes, thank you for sharing :D I hope he will make it ! Please people make it happen !
LordG

Post by LordG »

If nothing comes up, Lukas CD will find its way to me. :D :)
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

This Ave Maria is just... WOW!
The heaven soars with voices above...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

It's really good! :D

Some may notice, as I did, that the reward tiers are nearly identical to that of Cai Thomas; likely due to the Rob Lewis connection. I'm curious why a digital download option was not offered as this is a fairly standard reward option for the lowest tier of funding, especially given the discussion his account started on this topic. :|

Well, anyway, I do hope his campaign gets a lot of attention as I love the artistic vision of this album with its mix of contemporary and classical chosen so carefully by Luca himself! :) Not to mention his excellent singing.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

It seems like Luca's people opened the Kickstarter a few days early because they may be hoping Libera will acknowledge it at the concerts.

I know Libera hasn't gotten involved with previous projects by their alums, but maybe because Luca is a current member they might give it a mention or let him place some flyers on their merch table? I think that would be really nice of them, but I'm not overly optimistic. They're so crazily conservative with just about everything. Except for PPV fight ads, I guess.
justin

Post by justin »

Just an update: Luca will be releasing a few tracks very shortly. Keep eyes peeled!
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

justin wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:00 am">1 year ago</span> Just an update: Luca will be releasing a few tracks very shortly. Keep eyes peeled!
That sounds really exciting,thanks for sharing. Where can we find these tracks?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:48 am">1 year ago</span> It seems like Luca's people opened the Kickstarter a few days early because they may be hoping Libera will acknowledge it at the concerts.

I know Libera hasn't gotten involved with previous projects by their alums, but maybe because Luca is a current member they might give it a mention or let him place some flyers on their merch table? I think that would be really nice of them, but I'm not overly optimistic.
I think it would be fair given that he's a current member. But you're right, they may not wish to promote any individual boy, or to appear to do so....though I don't see why that's a problem here.
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:48 am">1 year ago</span> They're so crazily conservative with just about everything. Except for PPV fight ads, I guess.
:lol:
GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:58 pm">1 year ago</span>
justin wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:00 am">1 year ago</span> Just an update: Luca will be releasing a few tracks very shortly. Keep eyes peeled!
My guess would be YouTube.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:48 am">1 year ago</span> It seems like Luca's people opened the Kickstarter a few days early because they may be hoping Libera will acknowledge it at the concerts.

I know Libera hasn't gotten involved with previous projects by their alums, but maybe because Luca is a current member they might give it a mention or let him place some flyers on their merch table? I think that would be really nice of them, but I'm not overly optimistic. They're so crazily conservative with just about everything. Except for PPV fight ads, I guess.
Flyers at the merch. table might be okay, but an announcement within the concert would not be appropriate in my opinion. The main driver of success for the crowdfunder will be online activities, so I don't think it would make much difference anyways.
justin

Post by justin »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:58 pm">1 year ago</span>
If you've pledged to his kickstarter, seems like you can download 'Ave Maria' and 'Vincent' now. Well worth a listen.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Will the tracks be released to the public while the kickstarter is still going on? I thought making these tracks public was part of the 'strategy' to get people to donate to the kickstarter.
justin

Post by justin »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:49 pm">1 year ago</span> Will the tracks be released to the public while the kickstarter is still going on? I thought making these tracks public was part of the 'strategy' to get people to donate to the kickstarter.
For social media, they are releasing piano only versions as the idea is people need to donate to get ‘official album versions’
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I highly recommend going for this reward if you are able. The recordings are excellent! :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

OK, folks. I just put Luca within a few good pints of £10K. Hopefully another Dreamer can put him over. Let's do this!

Edit: He's over £10K. Thanks!
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Since I'm overseas, I DM'd Rob Lewis and he was very helpful in getting me a custom reward instead of an in-person visit for one of the upper-tier pledges. It took less than an hour for Rob and Luca's family to say YES to something that I really wanted.

If you've been discouraged about pledging at one of the higher levels because you can't get to England this year, don't be! They're more than willing to work with you. If the funding succeeds, I'll get a reward that I'm sure I'll treasure for the rest of my life. You can do the same!