Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Right Now

Post by TullyBascombe »

I doubt his tenure will be any less strife riden than Rowan Williams'.
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Not too long until the Guildford concert and my London trip, and now that I think of it, I still need to figure out where I'll be staying. :lol: At the moment I only have a place to stay for three nights.
Norwegian (the airline) has also been a pain with their special offers (to and from London for 2 x 39€), I got an email about the first offer only three days after I had booked my flights, and a second one later in March. Turns out I could have saved 70 euros. :shock:

The music lists for May have yet to be published on the St Paul's website, it should be any day now. I'm eager to see them, after all there is never any guarantee that the choir will even be singing the services on a particular week before the music lists are out... And the St Paul's choir is pretty much the reason I am making a 6-day trip. (Well, in addition to the fact that given the opportunity I would preferably move to London.)
Also waiting for New College to publish their music list for the Trinity Term, although I doubt I will be travelling to Oxford. Unless of course they are singing something that I absolutely cannot miss. :mrgreen:

I have no other fixed plans at this point apart for the one day spent in Guildford, I guess I'll just be trying to visit St Paul's for as many services as I can. I've also been holding off on ordering some sheet music that I am dying to get my hands on, I'll probably try get them from one of the shops in London. And seeing how in November I had absolutely no trouble with buying also a fair bit of music that I absolutely did not need at all, I guess I'll be doing quite a bit of shopping in any case. :lol:

And perhaps most importantly.. There is a William Croft piece I have been obsessing about for way too long now, and it seems that the music has never been published. So I'll be trying to get my hands on a copy of that and a few other Croft anthems at the British Library. I know it is possible, but I have absolutely no idea how as the system is somewhat confusing. 8)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Right now I'm in Paris for a simple reason :D
Attachments
PCCB.jpg
PCCB.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 990 times
PCCB.jpg
PCCB.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Rather you than me. Aren't they the mob that did that bloody awful cat meowing skit?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Lumi wrote:I've also been holding off on ordering some sheet music that I am dying to get my hands on, I'll probably try get them from one of the shops in London. And seeing how in November I had absolutely no trouble with buying also a fair bit of music that I absolutely did not need at all, I guess I'll be doing quite a bit of shopping in any case. :lol:

And perhaps most importantly.. There is a William Croft piece I have been obsessing about for way too long now, and it seems that the music has never been published. So I'll be trying to get my hands on a copy of that and a few other Croft anthems at the British Library. I know it is possible, but I have absolutely no idea how as the system is somewhat confusing. 8)
Good luck with that! :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Yorkie wrote:Rather you than me. Aren't they the mob that did that bloody awful cat meowing skit?
Hope they will sing it as encore but in french or latin :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

viabuona wrote:Hope they will sing it as encore but in french or latin :D
What does a French cat sound like?

Mercy & Love
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Yorkie wrote:What does a French cat sound like?
:shock:

Like this :mrgreen:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

viabuona wrote:Like this :mrgreen:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

Mercy & Love
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Yorkie wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:
If I hadn't just seen and heard that vid I wouldn't have believed it. Are you serious? LOL
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

LuxVenit wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
If I hadn't just seen and heard that vid I wouldn't have believed it. Are you serious? LOL
Serious about hating it? Absolutely. Loathe it. Detest isn't strong enough a word. Tantamount to child cruelty in my book. I do seem to be the lone voice of reason on this one though................

Mercy & Love
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Yorkie wrote:Serious about hating it? Absolutely. Loathe it. Detest isn't strong enough a word. Tantamount to child cruelty in my book. I do seem to be the lone voice of reason on this one though................
LOL I'm...not sure what to think about it. I'm not real fond of it either, but it does give me a laugh. Only because it seems so ridiculous though. Honestly, meow??? If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it, lol.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Regardless of what you think of the piece, or of a performance with boys' voices, here's some info on its origins - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duetto_buffo_di_due_gatti
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

In the evening I'm going to Tampere (Finland) and see the concert of Pirkanpojat (boy's choir fo Tampere Cathedral). I think that cathedral is most beaudifully in Finland.
Attachments
Pirkanpojat_Gloria13_AL92x105.jpg
Pirkanpojat_Gloria13_AL92x105.jpg (125.89 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Pirkanpojat_Gloria13_AL92x105.jpg
Pirkanpojat_Gloria13_AL92x105.jpg (125.89 KiB) Viewed 811 times
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Karppoo wrote:In the evening I'm going to Tampere (Finland) and see the concert of Pirkanpojat (boy's choir fo Tampere Cathedral).
Aaaand? How was the concert (if you already pull us the bacon through the nose). :lol: