Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

HarryJamesSnr

Re: Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Post by HarryJamesSnr »

No sign of either Ralph or Stefan, yet. Gosh I'm beginning to sound like a stalker!

I think the message from Libera management regarding what to do if fans meet the boys in the street is their way of saying "if the boys are in a public place like a street then there isn't really anything we can legally do to stop members of the public (fans) interacting with them if they so wish". For example when coming across the boys handing out flyers in the street I would think that it would only be natural for any fan to want to say hello, give them their best wishes, and possibly asking for a few photos now and then. Obviously this could not possibly work in some of the places they go to on tour such as the Far East. But it certainly would work in places like the Channel Islands, because interaction like that will encourage people who are new to the whole Libera thing to go to concerts and buy their albums, etc.

In terms of the law on children's working hours etc - I would suggest that if the boys are in the street handing out flyers, or are in somewhere like the Durrell Wildlife Park as part of their holiday, then the laws don't apply. Different matter when they are actually rehearsing or performing or working in a studio....

I've noticed more posters up in various places all over the Island now, so hopefully that will lead to further ticket sales. I hear there is also some sort of campaign on Facebook encouraging as many people from the UK and near Europe to consider coming across if they can.

HJ
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Well it seems that everyone is getting packed and ready to leave. Have a safe journey all, and enjoy a great series of concerts.
Ill be looking forward to the reviews, so keep them coming in. :D

Cheers :)

Paul.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

HarryJamesSnr wrote:
In terms of the law on children's working hours etc - I would suggest that if the boys are in the street handing out flyers, or are in somewhere like the Durrell Wildlife Park as part of their holiday, then the laws don't apply. Different matter when they are actually rehearsing or performing or working in a studio....
I think we are on the same page on that one Harry - nothing stops them handing out a few flyers in Jersey or anywhere in the UK for that matter if needs must.

Slightly off topic but Patrick is a really big drinker and loves British style real ale - any decent boozers in St Helier?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:
I think we are on the same page on that one Harry - nothing stops them handing out a few flyers in Jersey or anywhere in the UK for that matter if needs must.

Slightly off topic but Patrick is a really big drinker and loves British style real ale - any decent boozers in St Helier?
Patrick "Big drinker" :lol:

Come on Andy, be honest with yourself. :lol:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

About Stefan and Ralph

When your voice is breaking and breaks, should you not rest your voice as you can damage it? ... could that be why they are not there on the tour.

I could be totally wrong and im sure somebody will tell me if this is wrong.
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

dani wrote:About Stefan and Ralph

When your voice is breaking and breaks, should you not rest your voice as you can damage it? ... could that be why they are not there on the tour.

Second stalker, so curious. But the opinions about resting your voice during break are alternating. One says its true the other says its not.

The case is that while your voice is breaking it's not strong and not steady. And it can take a while for you can sing with it again without switching or breaking from high to low. So it is possible that Stef and Ralph aren't on tour because they have to get used to their new voices.

But we will have to wait and see.. We are not totally sure they are not there right?? :mrgreen:
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:About Stefan and Ralph

That was the traditional view on voice change but the modern feeling is that it is perfectly possible to sing through the break without any problems or doing damage as long as you make a few adjustments, although obviously at a lower pitch than before.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

LennesSL wrote:
Second stalker, so curious. But the opinions about resting your voice during break are alternating. One says its true the other says its not.

The case is that while your voice is breaking it's not strong and not steady. And it can take a while for you can sing with it again without switching or breaking from high to low. So it is possible that Stef and Ralph aren't on tour because they have to get used to their new voices.

But we will have to wait and see.. We are not totally sure they are not there right?? :mrgreen:

Well they have not been seen which is indicate at the moment they are not there. Barney is also not on this tour.
HarryJamesSnr

Post by HarryJamesSnr »

Yorkie wrote:Slightly off topic but Patrick is a really big drinker and loves British style real ale - any decent boozers in St Helier?
Lots of them......same on Guernsey. And you will be amazed how much significantly cheaper booze is in these parts! The pub right next door to the Opera House is one of the best, perhaps we should all gather in there on one of the two evenings after the concerts, if we can? Same on Guernsey, let's say the second concert there?

HJ
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

HarryJamesSnr wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Slightly off topic but Patrick is a really big drinker and loves British style real ale - any decent boozers in St Helier?
Lots of them......same on Guernsey. And you will be amazed how much significantly cheaper booze is in these parts! The pub right next door to the Opera House is one of the best, perhaps we should all gather in there on one of the two evenings after the concerts, if we can? Same on Guernsey, let's say the second concert there?

HJ
Sounds like a good plan.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

paul30003 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Patrick is a really big drinker and loves British style real ale - any decent boozers in St Helier?
Patrick "Big drinker" :lol:
Why so much laughters ? :) It also occur to me to drink, what do you think ?
Proof : my tonight's dinner, shrimp and chips :mrgreen:

Back on topic : IF it's confirmed on Wednesday that both Ralph and Stefan are not on the tour, then Robert would have to manage numerous changes in the song lists. Changes of songs or soloists. Reading the Arundel program I think Ralph had main solo on 5 (or 6 ?) songs. In that case I would not be very surprised if Eoghan get more solos.
We may also have the "low voices songs" back, like in the USA 2011 : Eternal Light sung by Josh ? "Te Lucis" at start of second part ?
We will know soon ;)

A few photos from the french forum :
Here some libera related photos
and here some purely tourist photos
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Jersey
01/08 170 tickets sold (455 still available) 27.2%
02/08 162 tickets sold (463 still available) 25.9%

Guernsey
07/08 164 tickets sold (216 still available) 28.5%
08/08 163 tickets sold (217 still available) 28.3%
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Viktar

Post by Viktar »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Guernsey
Wouldn't that be 43.2% and 42.9% correspondingly? :wink:
BTW judging by the similarity of the numbers for each concert, it seems like it's the same people and not really occasional listeners :)
labbie

Post by labbie »

To all attending the concerts as supporters (and performers, if any are reading this forum) - enjoy the evening(s), and your time in the Channel Islands. I also wish that I could have gone, but unfortunately travelling from Canada to the UK is an expensive proposition, and I have other commitments this summer. Perhaps Libera will come back this way in the future. Their Canadian supporters will be awaiting their return. For now, they are wished a wonderful stay on these lovely islands.
HarryJamesSnr

Post by HarryJamesSnr »

Viktar wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote: Guernsey
Wouldn't that be 43.2% and 42.9% correspondingly? :wink:
BTW judging by the similarity of the numbers for each concert, it seems like it's the same people and not really occasional listeners :)
Not good. They need to be above 50% if they are likely to have any hope of breaking even regarding tour costs etc, I'd have thought!

HJ