Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

HarryJamesSnr

Re: Summer 2012 Concerts - Jersey and Guernsey

Post by HarryJamesSnr »

Just arrived today onto Jersey, and am rather pleased to report that the first thing we saw in St Helier was........?

A group of boys in white robes handing out leaflets about a certain forthcoming concert series!!!!!!

Looks like I was right - they are self-promoting this time - and they all stopped and said hello as well! Saw Luke, Jakob, Kavana, Dylan, Nano Ben, Matthew J, Matthew M, Cassius, Josh, Daniel, and Tiarnan so far.

HJ
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Daniel and Josh in white robes so that must mean they'll sing in the concerts! And Matthew J was there as well, awesome - he made quite an impression in Arundel.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

If Josh does indeed sing then he will be the oldest ever member in Libera on tour , beating the record held by Steven G :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HarryJamesSnr

Post by HarryJamesSnr »

A young relative of mine has just returned from the church where he reports counting 28 Libera boys present....!

HJ
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Do we know which boys as Stefan , Ralph , Barney may not of been seen . Not to say they are no there . Just from the view , thy did not notice them.
labbie

Post by labbie »

Perhaps those who were absent for the church service may have gone to an Olympic event with their families. (I have no inside information - it's just a supposition on my part). Didn't a couple of the older boys (due to a school commitment) join the 2011 U.S. tour later on, having missed the Starkey function? I would imagine that some families were lucky enough to get tickets for various Olympic competitions, and it would be a thrill for any of the boys to go with their families. In interviews, many of them seemed excited about the upcoming Olympics. If indeed any were missing for that reason, they could join the tour in time for the first concert.
HarryJamesSnr

Post by HarryJamesSnr »

Well without giving too many surprises away I can reveal that Josh is here....! As well as most of the well known boys with a few new ones too. Callum is the one departure from the supporting team, presumably replaced by Jonathan Barrington. Quite by chance I spotted the entire entourage in a restaurant in St Helier this evening (they were all sitting by the windows as I strode past). I also spoke with their manager who says that they are confident of selling even more tickets as there are more adverts going up tomorrow all over the place. He also confirmed that fans are welcome to say hello to the boys at any time if in a public place such as a street. He agreed that this would be the next best thing to an M&G....

HJ
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

HarryJamesSnr wrote:He also confirmed that fans are welcome to say hello to the boys at any time if in a public place such as a street. He agreed that this would be the next best thing to an M&G....
That sounds like a new policy. Interaction with the fans is hardly known outside of controlled circumstances like a M&G. I guess it shows how much Libera appreciates the fans. I just hope it won't cause too much trouble for the boys.

On the topic of who's there - I too am curious to hear about Ralph's presence :)
mqeric

Post by mqeric »

maartendas wrote:
HarryJamesSnr wrote:He also confirmed that fans are welcome to say hello to the boys at any time if in a public place such as a street. He agreed that this would be the next best thing to an M&G....
That sounds like a new policy. Interaction with the fans is hardly known outside of controlled circumstances like a M&G. I guess it shows how much Libera appreciates the fans. I just hope it won't cause too much trouble for the boys.

On the topic of who's there - I too am curious to hear about Ralph's presence :)
Stef too :)

I think it may have something to do with the fact that they are not actually in UK that they were able to let the boys do this sort of promotion activity and interaction with fans, you know, the child labour regulations must be different over there.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Maybe it's because they're on a small island, and a more relaxed atmosphere. The thing is with being on a small island is that if someone does something, where are they going to go?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

They already did same flyers give away in Edinburgh, August 2009, in High Street, during the Fringe festival.
With success. St Mary's RC Cathedral was filled for their concert.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:They already did same flyers give away in Edinburgh, August 2009, in High Street, during the Fringe festival.
With success. St Mary's RC Cathedral was filled for their concert.
Indeed, I do not see any change of policy here. They are always open to fans, as long as these do not encroach too much and keep their hands to themselves. Respect is what it boils down to.
Johan
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I did not know about the flyers at Edinburgh in 2009. But what I was referring to most was their manager (I am assuming Steven Philipp) saying that fans can approach the boys whenever they see them in a public place, whereas in the UK especially they are pretty much shielded away from such chance encounters. Ofcourse you can always bump into them when you're in the area, but from discussions with fans I always learned it's a kind of unwritten rule to not say hi to them or anything as that would be intrusive or annoying and breaking the code of proper fandom... Guess I was wrong? Maybe it's because they're on an island now, maybe we've all been too uptight about this sort of thing.

About the support for these concerts, seems like they can use some last-minute promotion, as discussed before, going by this Facebook message:
Calling our supporters in the Channel Islands. Do you know people who would like to come to our concerts on Wednesday and Thursday at the Jersey Opera House? We're really excited to be here so please let everyone know just what they'd be missing!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

mqeric wrote: I think it may have something to do with the fact that they are not actually in UK that they were able to let the boys do this sort of promotion activity and interaction with fans, you know, the child labour regulations must be different over there.
Just to clarify - British kids performing anywhere in the world are subject to the UK laws on working children. There is no exception and the responsible adults/parents could be liable to prosecution if they violate the UK law.

Here endeth the lecture.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Tickets are selling now. Butnot close to any kind of a sell out.