The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by dani »

10 boys and singing joy to the world. then Carol of the Bells.

Its clearly mimed.
Last edited by dani on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Matthew J
Stefan
Ralph
Daniel
Cassius
Kavana
Eoghan
Matthew R
Luke
Barney
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

3rd song is

White Christmas .

Also we have had two interviews in between songs. Barney said he was 11 years of age.

It was great promo for them and it was really nice too see them just unfortunate that they had to mime. But nice too see Stefan get a solo even one that was mimed :mrgreen .. He is such a great performer.

Cassius, Ralph , Kavana and Barney got interviewed.
skittles

Post by skittles »

aww that was too short. :[ kind of fun reading all the tweets under #Libera though!
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

White Christmas was beautiful! Now if only my twitter had worked :?
Last edited by Szepilona on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Awww....that was too fast! I don't think Carol of the Bells was purely mimed. But I do think there was some backing track there.

I just love looking at Eoghan's face when performing! And Stefan's voice is just really stunning at this point.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

BruceH

Post by BruceH »

Got up at 5:00 in the morning, eastern US time to watch on line. Great job by the boys. I thought they either did a great job integrating live and background, or else, the boys did a super job of lip syncing. QVC did a great job with the production.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

BruceH wrote:Got up at 5:00 in the morning, eastern US time to watch on line. Great job by the boys. I thought they either did a great job integrating live and background, or else, the boys did a super job of lip syncing. QVC did a great job with the production.

Good job lip syncing. There was absolute no set up apart from a few things at the front. Also when they talked the guy handed them a mic to talk into. Because the mics they had on was not on.

Its not a big deal as the studio was not adapted to them on the show. They have mimed on other tv shows like last choir standing, tv xmas cooks. Its because its too much hassle to set up and the shows dont have the time to let them set up. The studio is tiny and they can not have other people in the studio fiddling with equipment , setting up and then taking it down for a 15 min segment.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I thought I heard Stefan sing "when the treetops glisten" instead of "where". So it wasn't completely mimed. :D
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

dani wrote:It was great promo for them and it was really nice too see them just unfortunate that they had to mime. But nice too see Stefan get a solo even one that was mimed :mrgreen .. He is such a great performer.
Wait, what? Clearly mimed? Hardly. They were singing over a backing track with many of the harmonies yes, but
the boys in the studio were clearly singing for the most part.
I was actually expecting them – simply given the type of the TV channel – to be miming or at least to have a much louder backing track... But no. I wouldn't even go as far as saying that the solos were mimed – although I really would need to hear them again before commenting on that.

Speaking of which, did anyone record all that?
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I really don't think it was completely mimed. But I guess we'll see later when somebody puts up the recording. :D I thought there were parts in Carol of the Bells when they were softer than the CD version and in some parts of this song and White Christmas, I could pick up clearly some of the boy's voices, especially Ralph's.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

FYI - still recording until 10am in case they repeat or they re-appear. Will post to YT asap. Please be patient!! Will advise of link as soon as I can.
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

phlibera wrote: I don't really follow news of other artists other than Libera, but it's been said somewhere that most artists earn more money in touring than in album sales. I don't know how much they earn for their tours as they bring a lot of people and equipment but I hope they earn a little at least for new equipment, training materials, etc.
It is true that artists earn more from touring but I am sure that Libera lose a fortune on their tours. They are SO many people to transport from A-B and they play relatively small venues. It's OK if you're playing to 10,000 + but not when it's only 2000 or less. And imagine when they tour the US and only play to a few hundred in churches or cathedrals. Steven Phillip must have one hell of a headache trying to sort their finances!
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

FanInPlymouth wrote:FYI - still recording until 10am in case they repeat or they re-appear. Will post to YT asap. Please be patient!! Will advise of link as soon as I can.
Thank you in advance!

The songs didn't sound exactly like the CD (lacking lower voices?) nor as far as I can remember from the concert or the ASAP appearance, so it couldn't possibly been completely mimed (if ever). Or they rerecorded just for QVC? Still the "WHEN the treetops glisten" is very telling. :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: Good job lip syncing. There was absolute no set up apart from a few things at the front. Also when they talked the guy handed them a mic to talk into. Because the mics they had on was not on.
Not sure that the fact they used a hand mic for the interviews necessarily means the mics they had on were fakes - those mics were probably rigged in to the sound mixing equipment to add reverb and the like. I don't think the vocal performances were 100% perfect (not a criticism I prefer to have some imperfections as makes it more emotional) so unless they pre-recorded it to have some mistakes I think they sang live to a canned backing track (and they use sound tracks at their concerts too).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love