Skimble
Mungojerry or 'Jerry'
Asparagus / Gus
Plato
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Re: Right Now

Post by Rebecca (: »

Right now I'm taking a break from writing my 7th page of scales for choir camp and practicing my pieces. In two weeks we've learned 7 songs, which means we have to work real hard! We're singing Sanctus (a different arrangement), 3 English pieces, a Japanese piece, a Hebrew one, and a Zulu (African) one! I'm really excited for the concert on Saturday, because I think we will do really well!!

And of course, I'm also in major shock at the moment.. :lol: The tour was such a surprise to me!!
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Rebecca, you're just like Jude Collins. He had to learn all the Libera songs for the Canadian tour in just a couple of months! Good luck at your concert!

I am currently out in Denver Colorado for work. I'm doing some high altitude testing on our diesel engine. It's kind of fun, but we also call it Ground Hogs Day. If you know the movie, it's where the guy keeps living the same day over and over. We call it that because we pretty much do the same thing everyday while we're out here. We're going to try to change it up a little ibt though. Hopefully go to Pikes Peak, eat lunch in Breckenridge and stuff like that.
I'm out here until July 1st. I don't like being away from home during the summer since our summer is so short, but oh well. I can't just say no to work.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Oh gosh.. I'm offically crazy.. :lol:
I just woke up at 5:30 AM to see the new Harry Potter release of Pottermore... this is way to early for me.. but hey, if it's for HP I'll do it! Going back to bed now before choir...
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Rebecca (: wrote:Oh gosh.. I'm offically crazy.. :lol:
I just woke up at 5:30 AM to see the new Harry Potter release of Pottermore... this is way to early for me.. but hey, if it's for HP I'll do it! Going back to bed now before choir...

LOL!!!! Nice.............so you made it!!! To be honest....I don't think I'd get up at 5:30 am for anything that I "have" to......haha...but HP is cool....I hope the new movie is GREAT!!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

symphonica7 wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Oh gosh.. I'm offically crazy.. :lol:

LOL!!!! Nice.............so you made it!!! To be honest....I don't think I'd get up at 5:30 am for anything that I "have" to......haha...but HP is cool....I hope the new movie is GREAT!!!!
If you look at the teaser trailer it looks great 8) . But it's going to be weird knowing that it's the last HP ever. I was 14 wen they released the first movie and now more then ten years later it's coming to an end :(
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Just got home from a choir performance. Normally our choir only sings in church services but this time was different. All through Utrecht there was (is still as I am typing this..) Open Church Night and in some churches there was a special presentation of some kind. In my parish church we decided to sing the special music we had been rehearsing as a project for the past 7 weeks: a set of liturgical songs, loosely based on a Mass (communion service) by Henny Vrienten, a Dutch composer mainly known for being the lead singer in a famous 80s pop group ;) For this project anyone could join so we had our own choir of 18 people with about another 18 people who had joined in.
It was very special when we walked up from the side chapel to the altar and got some applause - the closest I ever got to feeling like I was a chorister in a famous choir ;) For this occasion we had decided to all wear roughly the same, in this case: something blue. I was glad we did, but I secretly wished we would have been wearing real robes :)
The performance went very well. It actually went by really quickly! There were some songs that I now know almost by heart so I could look at our musical director almost constantly. It's so nice to be able to sing that way. Also, some songs were just great to sing with conviction and passion. I got goosebumps at some parts and had to concentrate not to lose myself in the feeling ;) But it felt great to sing with other people songs that you know so well, with words that have a lot of meaning.
Afterwards we got a standing ovation and we took two bows. So unusual for us! :) I really felt I could share just a tiny bit in what it must be like to be in Libera...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

symphonica7 wrote: LOL!!!! Nice.............so you made it!!! To be honest....I don't think I'd get up at 5:30 am for anything that I "have" to......haha...but HP is cool....I hope the new movie is GREAT!!!!
Yes, I did make it! Although, I was dead the whole day, since I never got back to sleep! Oh, I know it will be! Already have my costume for the midnight premiere! :D
Colin wrote: If you look at the teaser trailer it looks great 8) . But it's going to be weird knowing that it's the last HP ever. I was 14 wen they released the first movie and now more then ten years later it's coming to an end :(
Yes! My sister and I have been counting down the days since the premiere of Part one! (which was Amazing!).
I know what you mean.. I'm a pretty new fan, since I was too young at the time to really understand the series, but I'm still extremly heart broken that this will be the last movie ever... I know I'll cry when the movie ends... :/
As a little secret, I love Harry Potter more than I do Libera! Not by much, though.. :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Rebecca (: wrote: As a little secret, I love Harry Potter more than I do Libera! Not by much, though.. :lol:
This sounds impossible to me! :D
So how about if there was a story of a wizard school for choir boys... :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

symphonica7 wrote: LOL!!!! Nice.............so you made it!!! To be honest....I don't think I'd get up at 5:30 am for anything that I "have" to......haha...but HP is cool....I hope the new movie is GREAT!!!!
I just have to see it!
Like these fantasy movies. Can't wait for Hobbit as well. It will be a great add to LoTR series!
Rebecca (: wrote: Yes, I did make it! Although, I was dead the whole day, since I never got back to sleep! Oh, I know it will be! Already have my costume for the midnight premiere! :D
Crazy :o So were you wearing the hoodie with some kind of well known hat ? :wink:
Hope the film was worth of staying up all night :D

P.s. as for me- 20 days until premiere..
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

maartendas wrote: Afterwards we got a standing ovation and we took two bows. So unusual for us! :) I really felt I could share just a tiny bit in what it must be like to be in Libera...
That's great! So glad ya'll did well! Isn't that an amazing feeling! I just love it! :)
maartendas wrote: This sounds impossible to me! :D
So how about if there was a story of a wizard school for choir boys... :)
Lots of people have said that to me!
That would be pretty cool! :lol:
Murkskis wrote: Crazy :o So were you wearing the hoodie with some kind of well known hat ? :wink:
Hope the film was worth of staying up all night :D

P.s. as for me- 20 days until premiere..
Haha :lol: I was actually in full Bellatrix Lestrange costume! Down to the hair, makeup, and wand! (which I got while in London!)
It was for sure!

from right now for me, 19 days and 3 hours!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Rebecca (: wrote: Haha :lol: I was actually in full Bellatrix Lestrange costume! Down to the hair, makeup, and wand! (which I got while in London!)
Oh, the charming Bella :D
And you managed to find the Diagon Alley :lol: Nobody knows where it is! :lol:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Rebecca (: wrote:Haha :lol: I was actually in full Bellatrix Lestrange costume! Down to the hair, makeup, and wand! (which I got while in London!)
It was for sure!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you do too dress up as Bellatrix? My friend wants to go as her, but doesn't really know what to do, besides look evil. :D I haven't decided who I am dressing up as yet, but my little brother is dressing up as Gilderoy Lockhart, which is going to be a fun costume to make!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

libera36 wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Haha :lol: I was actually in full Bellatrix Lestrange costume! Down to the hair, makeup, and wand! (which I got while in London!)
It was for sure!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you do too dress up as Bellatrix? My friend wants to go as her, but doesn't really know what to do, besides look evil. :D I haven't decided who I am dressing up as yet, but my little brother is dressing up as Gilderoy Lockhart, which is going to be a fun costume to make!
Well, after trying for about 2 weeks to actually sew one, my mom ended up just ordering this dress http://howcool.com/product_info.php?products_id=58964, but I think any black dress would work! For the hair I just teased mine up real big, since it's already curly, and took random sections and pinned them up, using a TON of hairspray :lol: As for makeup, I just made under my eyes really dark, and well pretty much just made myself look dirty and insane... Sorry if none of that makes since, I'm horrible at explaining stuff!
Your brother's costume sounds awesome! We couldn't convince my brother's to go, or dress up for that part, but my sister is going as Hermione!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Today I finally received the magazine with my article about Libera, Epsom and other choirs in London :D The magazine is called Eredienstvaardig and it's a monthly magazine about liturgy, church music etc. They also have a website http://www.eredienstvaardig.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My article was published in the June issue which has a special theme: liturgy with children and youth. So my article fitted in nicely :) I made scans of the content page - with two full-colour photographs of Libera :) - and of the two page article. In the editorial my article is also mentioned because there it says: "And we report on a somewhat unorthodox boys choir in England." :)
The people of the magazine also sent a PDF of the article to Robert Prizeman :)

The title of the article is: Schoolboys in white robes - Libera-mania in London?
The first part tells of my experience at Evensong at Westminster Abbey. I then introduce Libera, give a short report of Epsom, followed by some more views of Libera in the world of boy choirs and religious music. The last bit talks about celebrating Mass at St. Paul's and I end with a sort of conclusion - that Libera can help bring the world of the church and the world outside of the church together.

Here are the scans - sorry if the letters are a bit too small... but it's in Dutch anyway ;) Although, if anyone wants something translated, just ask :)

--edit: the content page is also displayed on their website: http://www.eredienstvaardig.nl/het-tijd ... ummer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(the vague background image on the last page is a picture of St. Paul's Cathedral in London)