Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Right Now

Post by maartendas »

Lenneke, I'm sad to hear that.
I hope you get to have peace with your dad, and he with you.
Libera is the best music to pull us through ^^
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

LennesSL wrote:Right now:

Broke contact with my dad, who lives in Bonaire. It was hard :cry: But now I feel I made the right decision. ( Been away from the forum for a while. A lot happend in a week. But luckily I have Libera to pull me through)

Wish I could console you a bit my friend......I'm sorry. I always listen to Lead Kindly Light when things get rough, and it gives solace. God Bless you Lenn.
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Lennes,
That has got to be a tough decision to make. Good luck going forward, I wish you and your dad the best.

Not to change the topic, but right now, I'm getting ready to go to bed because I am beat. My legs are tired and sore because I played hockey for 2 hours today. One of the guys on my team graduated with his Masters Degree, so he had an all day party - part of which was playing hockey. It was a ton of fun. There were a lot of adults, but there were also some kids who skated with us. There were 4 boys that were about 10, another who was 13, and a girl who was 6. Our goalie was another 10 year old boy. They were all ready good. Even the 6 year old skated really well. We played a real game (no checking of course) and it was a blast. I spent most of my time setting up the kids on our team. I had a couple of drop passes to the girl, and she scored on 2 of them. Our goalie was stonewalling the other team too. It was so much fun playing with the kids.

After hockey most of us went out for pizza and hung out. There I got to talk to a couple of the kids and we played some games. I loved played with the kids. That really got me excited to be a Big Brother. I recently signed up for the Big Brothers, Big Sisters program and should be matched with a young boy soon. I said I wanted an athletic 9, 10, 11 year old, and the kids I was playing with today were just what I hope I get to mentor. I'm excited and nervous about the program though. I think it will be cool to mentor someone who needs it, and I hope I can show him new things, and give him new experiences. I just hope the kid and I click right away and can have fun together. The boys I played with today didn't know me before today, and by the end, we were cool.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can update everyone about my little brother.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Just watching I-clips from a youth channel in Belgium.
Kids can play the leading part in the videoclip of their idol. So they film the clip again with kids(who really sing also) and as much look a like as the real videoclip.

I personally like the 'Justin Bieber - baby' clip with the 13 year old Glenn. I think the result is very much look a like as the original clip and this with a smaller budget as the real Bieber clip :wink: . You also have others with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry...

[youtube][/youtube]
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Nice video Colin :D How do the kids get to star in the videos?
Btw I miss your avatar...

Right now I am all set to go to London tomorrow. I hope to visit some beautiful churches and hear some great choirs. I made a friend last time I was in London who has the same passion for these things as I do, and he'll show me around :) Oh and looks like we'll be going to Billy Elliot as well :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:Nice video Colin :D How do the kids get to star in the videos?

Right now I am all set to go to London tomorrow. I hope to visit some beautiful churches and hear some great choirs. I made a friend last time I was in London who has the same passion for these things as I do, and he'll show me around :) Oh and looks like we'll be going to Billy Elliot as well :)
Hope you have a good time in London Maartedas. Enjoy the show.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

I don't know Maarten how they get into the show. I guess it's with audition because they all can sing and dance quite good.

Enjoy London. I have exams :( . Tomorrow I have one of the most difficult "Trinity". And next tuesday I have 'Sacramentology: Eucharist".
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Ah Billy Elliot, yes ill be at a show with Yorkie 23rd this month :)

Yorkie! I've arranged to get of work early so ill be able to meet for 5.30

Well maarten, maybe ill be seeing you at St Philips this Sunday :?
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Have fun in London! Also, hope you like Billy Elliot! I was suposed to be seeing it tomorrow night in Dallas, but turns out we won't be able to... But my mom might might take me to see it in a few weeks, even thoguh it's a 4-5 hour drive! For now we're just going to Great Wolf Lodge, which is a huge waterpark and hotel.. and honestly, I don't like it too much.. haha...

Good luck on your exams Colin!! Hope you do really well!!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Good luck Colin!
paul30003 wrote: Well maarten, maybe ill be seeing you at St Philips this Sunday :?
Yep :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

London is pretty attractive place for some reason :wink:
Have a great time there!
javerylibe

Post by javerylibe »

Enjoy the Evensongs and West End, all you London-bound folk.

Right now, I'm sitting fairly awkwardly, as I've got a very small kitten sprawled out across my shoulder and collarbone. A woman who works with my mum unexpectedly found herself with a small litter, and mum brought the last of them home yesterday. He's dotey, we're smitten, and I have a brand new, cream-coloured scarf just in time for summer. :D
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Good luck with your new "scarf". :D I bet he's adorable! :wink: And have fun everybody who's going places. :mrgreen:

I'm packing up for a trip now - my grandma want to take some of us to visit relatives. The funny thing is that we're going to drive to our destination over 12 days (I guess we're doing some sight-seeing) but according to Google maps, you can walk there in 15. :lol: (I'll be gone from tomorrow to the end of June by the way, in case anyone wonders where I disappeared to. :wink: )
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

javerylibe wrote:Right now, I'm sitting fairly awkwardly, as I've got a very small kitten sprawled out across my shoulder and collarbone. A woman who works with my mum unexpectedly found herself with a small litter, and mum brought the last of them home yesterday. He's dotey, we're smitten, and I have a brand new, cream-coloured scarf just in time for summer. :D
I hope you are going to share a photo so we can all go, Awwww how cute :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
javerylibe

Post by javerylibe »

paul30003 wrote:I hope you are going to share a photo so we can all go, Awwww how cute :)
Could I resist an invitation to show him off? :lol: Do these photos work?

I feel like a nervous new parent. What if he falls ill? What if he wastes away like kittens sometimes do? What if I step on him? What if he gets out and is lost? What if a fox sneaks into the house and snatches him? And what if he misses his mum and littermates?

But! Good thoughts for our boy. We're hoping he'll settle into his new home soon.

Any name suggestions? We've sort of just been calling him Little Man / Smallface / Handsome Boy / Wee One, but he needs a real name.
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.14.17 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.14.17 PM.jpg (40 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.14.17 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.14.17 PM.jpg (40 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.16.42 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.16.42 PM.jpg (32.69 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.16.42 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 7.16.42 PM.jpg (32.69 KiB) Viewed 774 times