Most under-appreciated album?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

BrightEyes wrote:
Regarding Bright Eyes, it's nice to see some of the other fans here on the forum like it too :)

Maartendas was kind of enough to send me a link to a version by Joseph McManners... It is a fine rendition as well:

[youtube][/youtube]

And when I was looking for Justin Heyward's version, I found Declan Galbraith did it too:

[youtube][/youtube]
I never got why people like Declan Galbraith's voice. Maybe I just don't like a nasal sound, but I really have a hard time listening to him. Now, as for young master Joseph here, I'm not always too fond of his voice either, but here it really shines: full, clear, flowing, bright - just a pleasure to listen to. Sorry about going all off-topic but I just had to put this in.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

maartendas wrote: I never got why people like Declan Galbraith's voice. Maybe I just don't like a nasal sound, but I really have a hard time listening to him. Now, as for young master Joseph here, I'm not always too fond of his voice either, but here it really shines: full, clear, flowing, bright - just a pleasure to listen to. Sorry about going all off-topic but I just had to put this in.
Very nice video of Joseph! I'm with you--I normally don't listen to him, but I think he did a nice job on this song. Regarding Declan, I preferred his voice before it changed. I like his rendition of "Tell Me Why". But if I had to pick a song from after his voice change, I'd choose "Nights in White Satin".
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

plumpuff6 wrote:
maartendas wrote: I never got why people like Declan Galbraith's voice. Maybe I just don't like a nasal sound, but I really have a hard time listening to him. Now, as for young master Joseph here, I'm not always too fond of his voice either, but here it really shines: full, clear, flowing, bright - just a pleasure to listen to. Sorry about going all off-topic but I just had to put this in.
Very nice video of Joseph! I'm with you--I normally don't listen to him, but I think he did a nice job on this song. Regarding Declan, I preferred his voice before it changed. I like his rendition of "Tell Me Why". But if I had to pick a song from after his voice change, I'd choose "Nights in White Satin".
I'm with you Maarten and Plumpuff. I really liked Joseph McManners in this song. I thought Declan did an okay job too, but Joseph seemed to really nail it. Plus he gets bonus points for the really cute rabbit in the video :)

This was actually the only song I've ever heard from Declan, but I'll go check out those others too.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sorry but I find those two performances (well mainly that Joseph kid) nauseating, vomit enducing, tosh. And he needs a hair cut.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Sorry but I find those two performances (well mainly that Joseph kid) nauseating, vomit enducing, tosh. And he needs a hair cut.
Well I don't completly agree with you Yorkie. I would say that Declans performance was weak here, he would be better off sticking to the Irish folk he is know for, like Danny boy for example. I think he done a good job of that. As for Joseph, I think he has more of a stage voice and does quite well in a playhouse.

But to go as far as saying...

"nauseating, vomit enducing, tosh"

Can't agree on that.

I do agree on the haircut though.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Sorry but I find those two performances (well mainly that Joseph kid) nauseating, vomit enducing, tosh. And he needs a hair cut.
Well I don't completly agree with you Yorkie. I would say that Declans performance was weak here, he would be better off sticking to the Irish folk he is know for, like Danny boy for example. I think he done a good job of that. As for Joseph, I think he has more of a stage voice and does quite well in a playhouse.

Can't agree on that.

I'd argue with you but I'm still cleaning the sick up from my living room floor.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:
paul30003 wrote:

Can't agree on that.

I'd argue with you but I'm still cleaning the sick up from my living room floor.
Awwwwww

Disappointed.

As you may now know...

I love a good argument, even if i know I'm wrong, I would swear that black was white and white was black.

I still disagree with you though, I think maybe you have had bad pint that made you sick. after all you drink all that weird beer up north
:lol:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

paul30003 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
paul30003 wrote:

Can't agree on that.

Awwwwww

Disappointed.

As you may now know...

I love a good argument, even if i know I'm wrong, I would swear that black was white and white was black.

I still disagree with you though, I think maybe you have had bad pint that made you sick. after all you drink all that weird beer up north
:lol:
Poor Yorkie. You know I really only posted this to torture you...

And if you're not happy at Camp Chippewa, I think you need to spend some time in the Harmony Hut!

You don't want the Harmony Hut.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

paul30003 wrote: As for Joseph, I think he has more of a stage voice and does quite well in a playhouse.
Yes. I think he has a unique sounding voice that would do well in musical theatre or something like that. It's definitely not what I would consider a "choirboy" voice, but it's great that he is singing, and finding material that suits him.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I've never really cared for Joespeh McManners singing either, his voice has a shrill, grating quality to it
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

TullyBascombe wrote:I've never really cared for Joespeh McManners singing either, his voice has a shrill, grating quality to it
I agree.....both voices are really nasally, Declain more so.....very good, but they are no Steven G or Stefan....not being biased either, I always give credit where credit is due, not hearing it there however.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

:D Ha ha! Actually i enjoyed performances by both specially Declan when he sang Carrifergus live, The Last Unicorn and Angel.

Loved both of their versions of Bright Eyes- till i heard Libera/Angel Voices breathtaking rendition. :shock: Spellbinding! Like a real cosmic choir and suddenly other versions sounded mundane.

Bright Eyes is so overlooked just because they were not the original but it should really be in Libera/angel voices top 10 at least.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

I havent been able to read everyones post for this thread because of time, but I think the most under appreciated album would have to be Free, I rly like that album

Am I the ONLY one who could care less about Luminosa? I've found that i skip the most music on that album.....
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

irishoreo wrote:I havent been able to read everyones post for this thread because of time, but I think the most under appreciated album would have to be Free, I rly like that album

Am I the ONLY one who could care less about Luminosa? I've found that i skip the most music on that album.....
Hey Deshaun,

Yes well you are not alone. I don't skip much on Luminosa 'cause I rarely listen to it. There's not enough tracks for me that really caught my attention.

I think it has some beautiful songs on it, because Libera really has not done anything bad, but I find it *too* peaceful and serene.

I really played the first "Libera" album to death, and then "Luminosa" came out and I listened to it several times, but found myself going back to the first album and playing those tracks because I liked them better.

Then "Free" came out, and all was right with the world again, as Ralphie would say. I probably listen to Free, Visions and Peace the most. Also the Angel Voices release after Visions because I'm a big Michael Horncastle fan.

And BenJ I totally agree with everything you said :) The boys from St. Philips did a much better version of that song. I just enjoyed hearing the other versions a bit to compare. I still don't have any JM or Declan on my iPod.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I have to admit I really can't get behind songs about rodents. I feel the same way aboiut "Ben" ( the song).