Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Murkskis wrote:
I have to admit that I sometimes skip 'Mother of God', 'Heaven'
P.s. But don't worry Yorkie - I like 'the Lamb' 'Rest in Peace' a lot :wink:
Oh but I must worry. Mother of God is not one that can be skipped. Heaven on the other hand......
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Mother of God is kind of dreary.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Mother of God is kind of dreary.
:cry: wound my heart with monotonous languor dani :cry:
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

um...pretty much i skip all of the Luminosa album except Attendite, Gaudete and Sanctus II

Mother of God despite its quite brilliancy is dreary so agreed with Dani.

Um Yorkie is going to literally disown me for this but I've realized the only song that I like from Michael H is Far Away...::runs far away!::

Besides silent night, I do not own any of their Christmas stuff :/
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

irishoreo wrote:um...pretty much i skip all of the Luminosa album except Attendite, Gaudete and Sanctus II

Um Yorkie is going to literally disown me for this but I've realized the only song that I like from Michael H is Far Away...::runs far away!::

Wow.....no love for my boy Horncastle? It's okay....I'm not really a huge fan of Tom Cully.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

symphonica7 wrote:
irishoreo wrote:um...pretty much i skip all of the Luminosa album except Attendite, Gaudete and Sanctus II

Wow.....no love for my boy Horncastle? It's okay... a .I'm not reallyhuge fan of Tom Cully.

Got to admit i am the same.
paopao

Post by paopao »

dani wrote:
symphonica7 wrote:

Wow.....no love for my boy Horncastle? It's okay... a .I'm not reallyhuge fan of Tom Cully.

Got to admit i am the same.
not surprised, as i'm with you two. i prefer Tom's pre-2006 solos..than his stuffs in AV/New Dawn/Peace, that's why i tend to skip Ave Virgo, You Were There and Ave Maria (New Dawn).
Other songs that i often skip : Gloria, Tallis' Canon, Orinoco, and Lacrymosa (all versions).
i never skip Mother of God as it's the only new song i love in Eternal.

And Deshaun.. *throwing grenades at you* :P :lol:
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

symphonica7 wrote:

Wow.....no love for my boy Horncastle? It's okay....I'm not really a huge fan of Tom Cully.
Hey gang :)

I have to say I like Mike! I've been a Michael Horncastle fan since I saw his interview for the Free promo. He has probably been my favorite soloist since Liam O'Kane. I remember him saying that he got lost in the woods when they were filming one of the videos. He just seemed like such a nice kid.

And one of my favorite songs of his was "We are the Lost". Of course I also like "Far Away", and "Going Home".

As for songs I skip, well I'll have to think on that one... I don't care for Orinoco Flow too much, so that one for sure.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

symphonica7 wrote: It's okay....I'm not really a huge fan of Tom Cully.
I can never decide if I'm a Tom Cully fan or not. I really like "You Were There" but am not such a fan of his other songs, at least not quite as much, and I don't know why.

My favorite "solo" work by Tom is when he sings a descant with someone else, like in "We Are the Lost"--am I mistaken in thinking he is singing the high notes as Michael H. sings the main solo? If it is indeed Tom and Michael singing together, I have to say I love the way they sound. The same goes for Michael's version of "Going Home". I also liked when Tom and Ed would sing together, like in "Silent Night" (although I usually skip that song, I like to listen to the bit where they sing a duet) and in "Canon". It's also a great pairing, IMHO, when Josh and Tom sing together, like in "Love and Mercy"...I really, really like the way it sounds when Josh is singing, "There's a lot of people out there hurting and it really scares me" as Tom harmonizes.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think Michael H had an amazing voice but his worse song for me was Going Home. For me thats got to be the most imporved Libera song ever when it was sung at Leiden .

The Josh,Ben and Tom version is so well done. And its very rare a song becomes better when passed along but this time it was spot on.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

dani wrote:I think Michael H had an amazing voice but his worse song for me was Going Home. For me thats got to be the most imporved Libera song ever when it was sung at Leiden .

The Josh,Ben and Tom version is so well done. And its very rare a song becomes better when passed along but this time it was spot on.
I think the song sounds better when the solo is sung as a trio too. I appreciate Michael's version (it's very soothing/calming) but like the dimension it takes on when sung by several soloists.

Who sings "Going Home" now? And who sings which part? Who has taken over Josh's part, Tom's part and Ben's?
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

plumpuff6 wrote:
dani wrote:I think Michael H had an amazing voice but his worse song for me was Going Home. For me thats got to be the most imporved Libera song ever when it was sung at Leiden .

I think the song sounds better when the solo is sung as a trio too. I appreciate Michael's version (it's very soothing/calming) but like the dimension it takes on when sung by several soloists.

Who sings "Going Home" now? And who sings which part? Who has taken over Josh's part, Tom's part and Ben's?
Ralph and James i remember on it. I cant remember who else. Maybe it was Daniel F?
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Honestly, i thought i was a fan of Tom's, but he fell to the way side when I heard the other boys. So technically i'm not a fan of Tom or Michael, and I like Ben C, but he used too much vibrato for me so i apprehensively listen to his works
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Paopao i'll happily catch those grenades as such in that Bruno Mars song lol
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Nicki wrote:James and Daniel sing the main parts of Going Home now, with James on the part Josh sang in Leiden and Daniel on Ben's part. I personally like this newest version best :D

The songs I skip depend on my mood, as well. The only ones I regularly skip are Rest in Peace and Never Be Alone.
Never Be Alone!

Wow

That has got to be one of my favorites at this time.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato