Peace Deluxe, CD + DVD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's very tempting to download the new songs, but I have decided to wait for the deluxe CD/DVD to arrive through the mail. Speaking of which EMI Classics UK now have it listed under their new releases for November, but they haven't updated the contents yet.

http://www.emiclassics.co.uk/new_releas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =11&y=2010
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:It's very tempting to download the new songs, but I have decided to wait for the deluxe CD/DVD to arrive through the mail. Speaking of which EMI Classics UK now have it listed under their new releases for November, but they haven't updated the contents yet.

http://www.emiclassics.co.uk/new_releas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =11&y=2010
You're a wise man Jimmy, but with any luck you will hear Lullaby and Eternal Light two weeks tonight :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:You're a wise man Jimmy, but with any luck you will hear Lullaby and Eternal Light two weeks tonight :D
Hopefully, if they have them on the running order. I'll settle my ears for a live premier ;)
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

:( i cant download it, the website keeps saying it timed out :(
i shall try again tomorrow
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yorkie wrote:I have a suggestion that the missing first line could be:

In the spirit of all life

but it sounds like the last word is also light.......
Sounds to me like it could be "In this cradle of light", but I haven't listened to the whole thing yet... I can't justify buying both the mp3's and the album when it comes out, to myself, so I think I'll be stuck waiting to hear the whole thing until December 7th. :cry:
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

I downloaded "Lullabye" and "Eternal Light" yesterday and I've been listening to them over and over, in the car and even now that I'm back home for the day. I love the bridge part in "Lullabye" around 2:20; I got goosebumps the first time I heard it!

Honestly, I think that Josh is singing the solo on "Lullabye" because of the way the words are pronounced, especially the "o" words, and also the quiver in the soloist's voice at certain times is reminiscent of the quiver heard in Josh's solo in "How Can I Keep from Singing" on the word "lamentation".

It could be Ralph, I suppose, or Stefan, but I think the sound is unique, having the richness that comes to a boy's voice right before breaking, and Ralph and Stefan are around 12 (maybe 11 when this song was recorded), so they'd be early for the voice change. Not that it couldn't happen, but to me, the delivery is very Josh-like. It could be something like the "Ave Virgo" release from Tom we all experienced on Peace.

But, who is singing the low harmony with the soloist in "Lullabye"? Is it the soloist singing with himself? I think it could be, especially if it's Josh. He sang some lower part in "Faithful Heart" I think, along with his alto solo, and sang below Ben in "Time".

For "Eternal Light", I'm not sure who the soloist is. My hunch is it's Kavana, and not Stefan, Mini-James or Freddie. There are several reasons for this:

1. I don't think it's Stefan because the voice sounds younger, and Stefan has a very solid, mature sound. He's a veteran soloist, after all.

2. I don't think that it's Mini-James or Freddie either, though, because although the soloist sounds young, they also sound older than Freddie or Mini-James would sound.

The clarity of the high notes and relative strength of the voice don't match what I heard from Mini-James in "Touch the Sky"--there, I heard a very soft, wistful and sweetly whispery voice from Mini-James. The soloist in "Eternal Light" attacks the phrases in a direct way.

3. Also, the pronunciation seems to sound unique (the same way Ben P.'s pronunciation is, for example--not the same pronunciation of course, but instantly recognizable as different) and Kavana's speaking voice sounds unique to me, the way he pronounces words.

Both songs are so great! I can't wait for the release of the album. I'm definitely going to buy it.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I hope HMV Singapore releases it but they didn't release the Leiden DVD here before.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

plumpuff6 wrote:
Honestly, I think that Josh is singing the solo on "Lullabye" because of the way the words are pronounced, especially the "o" words, and also the quiver in the soloist's voice at certain times is reminiscent of the quiver heard in Josh's solo in "How Can I Keep from Singing" on the word "lamentation".

It could be Ralph, I suppose, or Stefan, but I think the sound is unique, having the richness that comes to a boy's voice right before breaking, and Ralph and Stefan are around 12 (maybe 11 when this song was recorded), so they'd be early for the voice change. Not that it couldn't happen, but to me, the delivery is very Josh-like. It could be something like the "Ave Virgo" release from Tom we all experienced on Peace.

Well, I certainly wouldn't rule Josh out and that would explain that rich tone + that would be way better than losing Stefan so early. I'll go with Josh.
plumpuff6 wrote:But, who is singing the low harmony with the soloist in "Lullabye"? Is it the soloist singing with himself? I think it could be, especially if it's Josh. He sang some lower part in "Faithful Heart" I think, along with his alto solo, and sang below Ben in "Time".

I'm not sure that RP would do that, especially when there are other guys with lower voices at this time.

plumpuff6 wrote:For "Eternal Light", I'm not sure who the soloist is. My hunch is it's Kavana, and not Stefan, Mini-James or Freddie. There are several reasons for this:

1. I don't think it's Stefan because the voice sounds younger, and Stefan has a very solid, mature sound. He's a veteran soloist, after all.

2. I don't think that it's Mini-James or Freddie either, though, because although the soloist sounds young, they also sound older than Freddie or Mini-James would sound.

The clarity of the high notes and relative strength of the voice don't match what I heard from Mini-James in "Touch the Sky"--there, I heard a very soft, wistful and sweetly whispery voice from Mini-James. The soloist in "Eternal Light" attacks the phrases in a direct way.

3. Also, the pronunciation seems to sound unique (the same way Ben P.'s pronunciation is, for example--not the same pronunciation of course, but instantly recognizable as different) and Kavana's speaking voice sounds unique to me, the way he pronounces words.

Both songs are so great! I can't wait for the release of the album. I'm definitely going to buy it.

Whomever it is, they mispronounce some words and there is another song on Peace with a similar thing - maybe James Threadgill or Jakob but Kavana would be good too

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:

Sounds to me like it could be "In this cradle of light", but I haven't listened to the whole thing yet... I can't justify buying both the mp3's and the album when it comes out, to myself, so I think I'll be stuck waiting to hear the whole thing until December 7th. :cry:
Thanks for the suggestion - the lyric would fit the words but it doesn't quite fit with the sound. It's really tough.......and annoying.

I know what you mean about buying both, but I have gratification issues :lol:
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kthomp wrote::( i cant download it, the website keeps saying it timed out :(
i shall try again tomorrow
If you still have problems send them an email - they were very quick to respond and sort my problem out.

Right, see you all later. got to get ready for my round of golf.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

In the spirit of life to me sounds right
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

yay it worked
for soloists i think
eternal light is kavana and stefan (i think stefan voice is to rich to be just the only singer)
have yourself a merry little christmas is mini james, daniel and maybe jakob
Lullaby is tricky i think it might be Josh but then it sounds like Stefan :S
silent night Tom Cully

i think Lullaby is awesome, and if my mum takes me to Epsom it would be awesome if they sang it :D

Eternal Light is pretty good to :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Its so random how i am the only who does not like Lullaby. I have downloaded it and i find it dull and there is just no hook to it. Eternl Light is so catchy and has such a great chorus that grabs you.
Lullyaby im indifferent to and thats hard to admit as i adore Stefan who i think is the singer of the song. But its coma inducing i find personally.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:

In the spirit of life to me sounds right

Wow, Yorkie ! :D Thanks a lot for sacrifising your Friday night to post the lyrics again ! :lol: 8) I know it took some hours to accomplish!
I'm also not sure about the middle of that line you're discussing but I also think it ends with 'life'.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:Its so random how i am the only who does not like Lullaby. I have downloaded it and i find it dull and there is just no hook to it. Eternl Light is so catchy and has such a great chorus that grabs you.
Lullyaby im indifferent to and thats hard to admit as i adore Stefan who i think is the singer of the song. But its coma inducing i find personally.
I hope 'the Bridge part' will catch you at least ! :lol: