Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

"Abide With Me" is a classic football score? For who? Detroit? Cleveland? Chicago?

"I Vow To Thee My Country" is healing music? It's a song about World War One.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote:"Abide With Me" is a classic football score? For who? Detroit? Cleveland? Chicago?
Real football - you know, where they kick the ball to each other with their feet - of the English variety :lol:
TullyBascombe wrote:"I Vow To Thee My Country" is healing music? It's a song about World War One.

Definitely martial in its theme.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Real football - you know, where they kick the ball to each other with their feet - of the English variety

Hey now.....let's not go there....please.
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:"Abide With Me" is a classic football score? For who? Detroit? Cleveland? Chicago?
Real football - you know, where they kick the ball to each other with their feet - of the English variety :lol:
Ofcourse you mean Dutch variety :D 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
No, because based on the last World Cup Final, that would be where you kick your opponent and not the ball :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:
maartendas wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
No, because based on the last World Cup Final, that would be where you kick your opponent and not the ball :lol:
Ouch! Point well-made... (that was a low point in an otherwise amazing tournament..). I remember feeling the shame because I was actually in Belgium in a crowded bar watching that final, sporting a Dutch flag round my shoulders. Sort of wished I could disappear quietly at that moment.

For now I'll disappear quietly here too, as I've started to go off-topic again. I would just like to add that the album with the mouse (pet rat?) cover and that soccer cover really stand out as totally different from the rest ;) And I agree with JimmyRiddle, makes you proud to be a Libera fan :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yorkie wrote:

They're teams famous for losing. The Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, and Kansas City Chiefs have never made it to the Super Bowl. (Chicago did, I forgot.)
I don't know what the equivalent teams in the UK would be. which teams do you normally count on to lose?
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

I find it funny that the U.S tied with England in the last World Cup....and Soccer or "Football" is a joke here in the states...I can't imagine what the score would look like if there were a world "American Football" tournament...America wouldn't even need to send it's allstar players....even the Lions, Rams, or Browns would would do the job...
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

We Americans can get very, very competitive when it comes to football :lol: I actually play it.. haha.. but yes, I'd have to say we could probably beat most countries :roll:
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Rebecca (: wrote:We Americans can get very, very competitive when it comes to football :lol: I actually play it.. haha.. but yes, I'd have to say we could probably beat most countries :roll:
Do you play on the guys team??????
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

symphonica7 wrote:I find it funny that the U.S tied with England in the last World Cup....and Soccer or "Football" is a joke here in the states...I can't imagine what the score would look like if there were a world "American Football" tournament...America wouldn't even need to send it's allstar players....even the Lions, Rams, or Browns would would do the job...
I LOVE American football, but "soccer is a joke in America?" :shock: That's news to the millions of kids that play it. I have a nephew who got a college scholarship for soccer.

And don't forget, guys, other countries play rough sports like hurling and rugby, and they don't even wear pads. And they don't stop every 10 seconds. I think they could field a decent American football team. :wink:

And thank you, Tully, for the nod to Chicago. We won the Super Bowl in 1985 and this year were in the Division Finals against Green Bay who won it all. Cheeseheads. :D

Lauren
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

symphonica7 wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:We Americans can get very, very competitive when it comes to football :lol: I actually play it.. haha.. but yes, I'd have to say we could probably beat most countries :roll:
Do you play on the guys team??????
I did for half a season last year, now I just practice with my brothers team, but not actually play in games. I'm a cheerleader for them, though :lol:
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Cool!
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Lexi wrote:And thank you, Tully, for the nod to Chicago. We won the Super Bowl in 1985 and this year were in the Division Finals against Green Bay who won it all. Cheeseheads. :D

Lauren
Gotta love them cheeseheads :wink:
Dennis
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

whitetail1985 wrote:
Lexi wrote:And thank you, Tully, for the nod to Chicago. We won the Super Bowl in 1985 and this year were in the Division Finals against Green Bay who won it all. Cheeseheads. :D

Lauren
Gotta love them cheeseheads :wink:
I just KNEW you would have to respond! Congratulations on your win! :lol:

Lauren