A new mini album to be released in Japan?

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:It's on youtube now.

Ralphs solo is really something and the combined harmonies and descants (esp last section) are typical Libera quality. I hope this won't be the last Muramatsu/Prizeman collaboration.
So, remembering the Epsom thread, what do we do/say about this? It is a high quality recording and it will definitely affect sales of the track. Can't say I approve really.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:

Ralphs solo is really something and the combined harmonies and descants (esp last section) are typical Libera quality. I hope this won't be the last Muramatsu/Prizeman collaboration.
So, remembering the Epsom thread, what do we do/say about this? It is a high quality recording and it will definitely affect sales of the track. Can't say I approve really.
In this case i have no problem with it personally. The only people at fault for this is EMI. If they will refuse to release songs world wide on Itunes at the same time or a few days apart then of course people will download it for free and in this case unless you are in Japan there is no other option.

Plus add in the fact there is no sign this will get released outside of Japan. It could be that they have plans for a new album later in the year for the U,K and will hold back until then to release it.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

In this case i have no problem with it personally. The only people at fault for this is EMI. If they will refuse to release songs world wide on Itunes at the same time or a few days apart then of course people will download it for free and in this case unless you are in Japan there is no other option.

Plus add in the fact there is no sign this will get released outside of Japan. It could be that they have plans for a new album later in the year for the U,K and will hold back until then to release it.
Of course it will affect sales of the track :(
Maybe we could blame the uploader, but I start to think it's in human nature - there always will be someone who will post whatever you say or do.
In my opinion the song should be released worldwide at the same time - Amazon, itunes or at least on a site that support English.
I checked this out - you can find Song of Life only on Rakuten Japan and can't find on Rakuten USA or UK ... What's the point? It's hard to explain such a strategy by EMI :roll:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:So, remembering the Epsom thread, what do we do/say about this? It is a high quality recording and it will definitely affect sales of the track. Can't say I approve really.
I don't really, and if it could be stopped I'd be in favour of it. I do wish there were more channels to legally access and pay for their material though. Libera has fans all over the world now, so unfortunately weather we like it or not, fans will find ways of getting this material if obstacles are put in their way. Marketing companies need to wake up and play the bootleggers at their own game. There is still a code of loyalty and morality amongst most fans and that would clearly be demonstrated by improved sales if these companies released their material worldwide and at the same time.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Yorkie wrote:So, remembering the Epsom thread, what do we do/say about this? It is a high quality recording and it will definitely affect sales of the track. Can't say I approve really.
I don't really, and if it could be stopped I'd be in favour of it. I do wish there were more channels to legally access and pay for their material though. Libera has fans all over the world now, so unfortunately weather we like it or not, fans will find ways of getting this material if obstacles are put in their way. Marketing companies need to wake up and play the bootleggers at their own game. There is still a code of loyalty and morality amongst most fans and that would clearly be demonstrated by improved sales if these companies released their material worldwide and at the same time.
I 100% agree with this. We would all have downloaded this if it was for sale in the Uk or in Europe but that is not an option so people will get around this.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yep, although I'm not directly putting this at Libera's door. I suppose as this is a theme tune for a TV series, there could be many fingers in the pie regarding the rights and restrictions for the song. It was just a general statement to those whom it may concern.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

A while ago I posted a topic about the financial side of Libera. Unfortunately no one has posted a reply to that yet. But it has to do with this issue of downloading tracks for free etc. It says on the Epsom programme booklet - CD and concert ticket sales are not enough to keep Libera alive - they need donations. So I think we might be making too much of this. Sure it will affect sales - but how big a loss will it be for Libera? How much will it really affect them? I'd like to know. And I just thought of this: why not make a donation to Libera everytime we download a track for free via Youtube etc? I think I'll do just that in a minute (yes I admit I ripped Song of Life - but I'm crazy enough to buy the Miracle of Life album somehow. I just wanted to be able to listen to it until that time).

Also - Libera might like to consider a website like Bandcamp where artists can upload their stuff and let you decide how much you pay for a track. Artists like Amanda Palmer, Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails use similar methods and they are very popular. They are trying to find new ways of staying alive in a changing world of music business. It's like the street artist who passes around the hat at the end of a performance. It might work. Maybe if they could cut themselves loose from EMI and run their own business. I am starting to think that would be the best solution in the end. From what I learned on this forum, EMI are doing a pretty crappy job for Libera, who deserve a lot better.
Last edited by maartendas on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yep, although I'm not directly putting this at Libera's door. I suppose as this is a theme tune for a TV series, there could be many fingers in the pie regarding the rights and restrictions for the song. It was just a general statement to those whom it may concern.
I personally blame EMI!

And if the second part is true then i dont feelt guilty about downloading it as it may never get a release over here :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:A while ago I posted a topic about the financial side of Libera. Unfortunately no one has posted a reply to that yet. But it has to do with this issue of downloading tracks for free etc. It says on the Epsom programme booklet - CD and concert ticket sales are not enough to keep Libera alive - they need donations. So I think we might be making too much of this. Sure it will affect sales - but how big a loss will it be for Libera? How much will it really affect them? I'd like to know. And I just thought of this: Instead of arguing over something that simply isn't going to go away, we could decide to make a donation to Libera everytime we download a track for free via Youtube etc. I think I'll do just that in a minute (yes I admit I ripped Song of Life - but I'm crazy enough to buy the Miracle of Life album somehow. I just wanted to be able to listen to it until that time).

Also - Libera might like to consider a website like Bandcamp where artists can upload their stuff and let you decide how much you pay for a track. Artists like Amanda Palmer, Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails use similar methods and they are very popular. They are trying to find new ways of staying alive in a changing world of music business. It's like the street artist who passes around the hat at the end of a performance. It might work. Maybe if they could cut themselves loose from EMI and run their own business. I am starting to think that would be the best solution in the end. From what I learned on this forum, EMI are doing a pretty crappy job for Libera, who deserve a lot better.

Without a shadow of a doubt EMI will get most of the money. Robert Prizeman will also make a fair bit as pointed out a few years back, he has his own studio and that would of cost a fair bit. I guess the other thing to remember is because they are not massive and low key then nobody screams that the boys are being exploited which i think they are very aware of.
hagy

Post by hagy »

maartendas wrote:Looks great Hagy! A true gift to the Japanese people, as you said. Might consider getting the actual album myself now that I've seen this... Except, without a credit card, I'll wait for it to become available more easily in Europe...
Thank you for reading my blog.

It is a considerably glad album we for Japanese because CD is this collection of tunes with relations with Japan.

Especially, "Song of life" became a song that sounded more deeply in the chest for a Japanese today.

Tears overflow when thinking of the damage of the earthquake, tsunami and listening to this song.
bar
Silver Member

Post by bar »

Yes, I suppose I can agree to all that's been said here. But ultimately at the end of the day, we can't blame people for giving in to temptation and downloading this, frankly, mindblowingly beautiful music.

At any rate, it's already up on Youtube: [youtube][/youtube]
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

hagy wrote:It is a considerably glad album we for Japanese because CD is this collection of tunes with relations with Japan.

Especially, "Song of life" became a song that sounded more deeply in the chest for a Japanese today.

Tears overflow when thinking of the damage of the earthquake, tsunami and listening to this song.
This should be the song of hope, recovery and inspiration for Japan. It fits very well in that respect. Lots of artists are contributing to 'Pray for Japan' CD and full credit to them. However we all know Libera are special to Japan and maybe people who have been affected by recent events can take comfort from 'Song of Life'.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Teyko

Post by Teyko »

JimmyRiddle wrote: This should be the song of hope, recovery and inspiration for Japan. It fits very well in that respect. Lots of artists are contributing to 'Pray for Japan' CD and full credit to them. However we all know Libera are special to Japan and maybe people who have been affected by recent events can take comfort from 'Song of Life'.
I fully agree with this.
that song assists the sufferers hearts :D
At the interview of NHK, Mr.Muramatu referes to that.
http://www.nhk.or.jp/pr-movie/index.html?id=0446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some people who are living in the disaster area sent a word of thanks
to Mr.Muramatu.
and I suppose the uploaded YouTube video too:)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

EMI Japan have posted today an "official" video for "Song of life", 1'48'' long, but they just reused images from "Time" and from "Deep Peace".

Ralph is almost unseen... :?

http://www.emimusic.jp/libera/news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:EMI Japan have posted today an "official" video for "Song of life", 1'48'' long, but they just reused images from "Time" and from "Deep Peace".

Ralph is almost unseen... :?

http://www.emimusic.jp/libera/news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Patrick. That rules out any kind of an offical video then and what with no promo in Japan this year i guess we wont get any live tv performances either :cry: