Finally found a fan forum for Libera!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Keekii wrote:But I'm sure that I have to get New Dawn and Libera (the double cd) first ^^ I haven't heard of that compilation cd before, is it 'fan-made'?
Hi Keekii, you can find info on the plans for a compilation album of the first two AV albums in the General Chat section on this forum - topic title: Compilation album being released. However, as far as I understand, this is meant for the US market since the first two AV albums aren't available there. You should be able to find both these original albums online though, I found nr. 2 through a Dutch kind of Amazon site, and nr. 1 on eBay (new and unused).

Getting the actual albums really is a treat :) They all have their own nature/character, you get all the songs and the artwork ofcourse and you have all the info (soloists etc). My favourites are 1. Peace 2. Luminosa 3. Free. I don't count Eternal as it is a Best of ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Keekii

Post by Keekii »

Lexi wrote:Hi, Keekii! It's Lexi! Glad you joined! You'll really like it here. Happy birthday a few days late. I couldn't figure out how to write it to you on your blog. Do you belong to the French forum also - Libera-Passion?? And I love your avatar of Ben! :D
Hi Lexi :D Thankyou very much. I'm glad I joined too and happy that you recognized me XD I haven't joined the French forum yet, but isn't that only for people that know French? I know a little bit French, but I think it would be too difficult for me to understand everything.
paopao wrote:yeah, loved the site.:cry:
it's probably either the owners had another commitment with their dayjob/school or they had a problem with the hosting (growing number of video hosted, but they couldn't afford more server space). i couldn't think of any other reason.

hmm..nice starting point, 2 compilations. but there are many great songs missing in Eternal, which is why you should really get the rest of Libera albums asap :wink:
You are probably right about the server space or job/school commitment. I know another forum where the owners asked the users for donations in order to keep the forum alive, and it helped. But that was also a very big forum with thousands of users...
I know that I'm missing a lot of great songs in my cd collection, I'll buy more cd's, don't worry ;D
Keekii

Post by Keekii »

maartendas wrote:
Keekii wrote:But I'm sure that I have to get New Dawn and Libera (the double cd) first ^^ I haven't heard of that compilation cd before, is it 'fan-made'?
Hi Keekii, you can find info on the plans for a compilation album of the first two AV albums in the General Chat section on this forum - topic title: Compilation album being released. However, as far as I understand, this is meant for the US market since the first two AV albums aren't available there. You should be able to find both these original albums online though, I found nr. 2 through a Dutch kind of Amazon site, and nr. 1 on eBay (new and unused).

Getting the actual albums really is a treat :) They all have their own nature/character, you get all the songs and the artwork ofcourse and you have all the info (soloists etc). My favourites are 1. Peace 2. Luminosa 3. Free. I don't count Eternal as it is a Best of ;)
I agree that owning the actual albums is the best! And I think Libera sells their albums for very competitive prices that are very reasonable and as I can get them through their Amazon UK shop very easily, I don't have any excuse for not buying them ;)

Concerning the compilation album, I checked out the thread in General Chat, and I think it sounds like a very good idea. But is it true that Angel Voices 1 + 2 aren't available in the US? I can easily purchase them through Amazon.co.uk, but I haven't checked Amazon.com
But I think I'll just buy AV 1+2, as I would like to have all tracks (including the less traditional/religious ones :wink:)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Keekii wrote:
maartendas wrote:
Concerning the compilation album, I checked out the thread in General Chat, and I think it sounds like a very good idea. But is it true that Angel Voices 1 + 2 aren't available in the US? I can easily purchase them through Amazon.co.uk, but I haven't checked Amazon.com
But I think I'll just buy AV 1+2, as I would like to have all tracks (including the less traditional/religious ones :wink:)
According to LiberAeterna they are available but only as import. Don't know the details though :) I guess the compilation album is meant to get the material more widespread. After all, import means less availability and more cost.

I have visited Denmark twice by the way :) Well, Copenhagen ;) I loved the Tivoli, esp. some gardens that are really romantic. And Kristiania when it was still around - I remember it as a place with a pleasant atmosphere and 'buzz'.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Welcome!
Keekii

Post by Keekii »

maartendas wrote: According to LiberAeterna they are available but only as import. Don't know the details though :) I guess the compilation album is meant to get the material more widespread. After all, import means less availability and more cost.

I have visited Denmark twice by the way :) Well, Copenhagen ;) I loved the Tivoli, esp. some gardens that are really romantic. And Kristiania when it was still around - I remember it as a place with a pleasant atmosphere and 'buzz'.
I understand that it will help getting the material more widespread. The more fans the better ;)

I'm glad you like Tivoli. I visit it almost every summer with family or friends, but it's still fun, haha. I like the gardens too. I haven't been to Christiania, but I'm surprised that so many tourists visit it. Maybe it's because I only know about it's 'violent side' that I hear about in the news, when there has been trouble with the police and some rebels.
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Keekii wrote:
BrightEyes wrote:Hi Keekii,

A new member to our forums is always welcome. I only joined a little over a month ago, but the folks on this forum are all very nice and they really know their Libera :)

I hope you enjoy your time here. You are among friends :)

Oh and if you want some suggestions, get the other two Angel Voices CD's or the compilation "Best of St. Philips Boy's Choir" that LiberAeterna is working on... the songs are awesome!
Hi :) It's quite impressive that in a month you have already posted that many posts! I will try to be active in this forum, but I'm sure I can't beat you, haha. I really like my Angel Voices 3 album so I might buy 1 and 2 as well ;) But I'm sure that I have to get New Dawn and Libera (the double cd) first ^^ I haven't heard of that compilation cd before, is it 'fan-made'?
Hey Keekii,

Yes I took a liking to the forums here :) I'm trying to cut back from posting so much, but I like talking to anyone who likes to talk about Libera.

The compilation of the Angel Voices material is getting put together by one of the board members here, LiberaAeterna. He is working with his record label to try to get a best of Angel Voices CD released here in the U.S. You can read about it in the forums.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"