Libera sheet music?

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Libera sheet music?

Post by maartendas »

So, I finally did it - I bought a keyboard, so I can make music again!

I had piano lessons as a child but after I moved out of my parent's house I have never been able to play any instrument. Sometimes it bugged me because it is such a wonderful thing, to be able to express yourself through music. I have always drawn as a child and have always written - language is my first and foremost tool of expressing myself - small stories as a child, poems when I grew up and now I am both a writing journalist and also a poet. And sometimes, occasionally, I paint. But music has always been something that was missing and I used to daydream of owning an instrument that would allow me to express myself (again) in music.

And today I finally did. It's a second hand Yamaha keyboard with all kinds of instruments and rhythms and functions on it that I'm all going to explore in the days ahead. But chiefly I want to just learn pieces on the piano - everything else is just bonus and I'm sure I will use the extras in some way in the future, but right now my main goal is to play the piano again.

And I was thinking, wouldn't it be great to play some Libera songs on the piano, like You were there - I found a good piano version of it once on Youtube and I'm sure there are many other songs that would sound great with just the melody on the piano - or another instrument featured on the keyboard ;)

So, my question basically is, does anyone know if Libera sheet music exists and how I would be able to get it? I'm sure that it's possible to figure stuff out by myself but having it written in front of me is ofcourse much easier :) If anyone knows about this I'd love to hear about it!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

I've 6 of them. There was another thread here with the same title, I listed all the sheets there.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Congrats on your new keyboard! I have one similar to that in my room, and also another Yamaha downstairs with our upright piano! Libera songs are really fun to play! :D I know that our friends Symphonica has put together some amazing sheets for a few songs, two of those being I am the Day and Locus Iste! I'm working on them both right now! :D

Also, as Sue mentioned there is another thread where we discussed this, so it might help to read in on this! viewtopic.php?t=862

Good luck on playing them!
symphonica7
Gold Member

Re: Libera sheet music?

Post by symphonica7 »

maartendas wrote:So, I finally did it - I bought a keyboard, so I can make music again!

I had piano lessons as a child but after I moved out of my parent's house I have never been able to play any instrument. Sometimes it bugged me because it is such a wonderful thing, to be able to express yourself through music. I have always drawn as a child and have always written - language is my first and foremost tool of expressing myself - small stories as a child, poems when I grew up and now I am both a writing journalist and also a poet. And sometimes, occasionally, I paint. But music has always been something that was missing and I used to daydream of owning an instrument that would allow me to express myself (again) in music.

And today I finally did. It's a second hand Yamaha keyboard with all kinds of instruments and rhythms and functions on it that I'm all going to explore in the days ahead. But chiefly I want to just learn pieces on the piano - everything else is just bonus and I'm sure I will use the extras in some way in the future, but right now my main goal is to play the piano again.

And I was thinking, wouldn't it be great to play some Libera songs on the piano, like You were there - I found a good piano version of it once on Youtube and I'm sure there are many other songs that would sound great with just the melody on the piano - or another instrument featured on the keyboard ;)

So, my question basically is, does anyone know if Libera sheet music exists and how I would be able to get it? I'm sure that it's possible to figure stuff out by myself but having it written in front of me is ofcourse much easier :) If anyone knows about this I'd love to hear about it!
I'm really glad you have made the decision to revisit your musical talents.....I hope you will take the fire inside of you now and build upon it....for music is a life journey and you are in control of how far you want to go.........I can make you any sheets you'd like from the songs I've already covered on my youtube page.....as Rebecca and Sue has already posted above....I'm not the greatest at making perfect sheets...as I do have the "professional" program to do so.....but I'm lazy...lol.....I can however, assure you that I can make sheets that are almost Libera perfect, meaning exact replicas of Roberts Arrangements....and yeah please check out the link above....

And Hahah....if you are able to figure it out by ear...I highly suggest that you do so.....it will do wonders for overall music knowledge.......also I am really slow at getting sheets out unless you do a simple task which is stated in the link above.....LOL
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Great! :D

Sue, your sheet of All things bright and beautiful - can it be used for playing the song on the piano?

Symphonica, I'll send you an e-mail and promise to donate to Libera asap! :)

Don't think I'll be able to figure out a lot by ear, but I did manage to find parts of the melody of You were there (I think). So that's only the vocal part on the right hand, no idea what chords etc go with it... BUt that's one song I would love to be able to play.
Other than that, I think I have to start almost from scratch again, not having played for so long... But with practice I hope stuff will come back again and once the fun is there, I'll probably play more :) All I need is a pair of headphones though, so as not to annoy the other people I live with ;)
ellensi

Post by ellensi »

Hello Marteendas and friends,

I notice that there are quite many people looking for Libera sheet music. As a response to this, I am currently trying to build a blog site for Libera sheet music, if that is possible. Can someone tell me if it is okay/allowed to share fan-transcribed sheet music?

Here it is now with some basic contents: Libera Sheet Music

Edit: The website "Libera Sheet Music" is now closed with a kind notion to support Libera and their composers.
Last edited by ellensi on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

ellensi wrote:Can someone tell me if it is okay/allowed to share fan-transcribed sheet music?
Hi ellensi, welcome a board :D
Hm - interesting question. I'm not the one who knows all the details about copyrights, but I think that you should give at least the credits 'to whom has the honor' 8)
Most of the peaces are anyway very old ones and from very known composers and accessible on the Internet . Something else are music sheets which you may have received for the concerts, here I think it is quite fair to not give them out without a permission from Libera (but I think that this is obvious for you). :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I agree with viabuona. I don't know what the rules are with transcription by fans. In any case, the best is to give credit to the composers and link to Libera's official site.

I could also suggest that you ask people who download sheet music to give a donation to Libera in return :D
It can be done here: http://www.justgiving.com/libera/Donate
ellensi

Post by ellensi »

Thank you for your kind replies, Viabuona and Marteendas :)

I have included links to Libera official website and Libera donation page.

I do not distribute any sheet music I got from the concert. I transcribed each note by ear such that my transcriptions are faithful to Libera's harmonies. Furthermore, I have arranged sheet music for piano solo, piano+melody, string quartet, and maybe more instrumentations in the future. Some of the sheet music are transposed a semitone to reduce "black keys" for easier playing.

Marteendas, I have arranged "You Were There" for piano+melody, which appears to be one of your favourite songs :D

I hope you all can get something valuable from this new site: Libera Sheet Music

Edit: The website "Libera Sheet Music" is now closed with a kind notion to support Libera and their composers.
Last edited by ellensi on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Ellensi, Thank you so much!! I am sure your site will be a goldmine for Libera enthusiasts :)
Actually, thanks to your posts I have been trying to learn Song of Life on the keyboard, and I still have a long way to go ;) but this will encourage me further. I will definitely try to learn You Were There one day as well :)
Thank you!
ellensi

Post by ellensi »

Hi all,

My website Libera Sheet Music is now closed to support Libera and their composers. Libera might release some sheet music in the future. Let us support them by purchasing their official sheet music instead of distributing fan-transcribed sheet music!

Thank you! :D
Ellensi
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

ellensi wrote:Hi all,

My website Libera Sheet Music is now closed to support Libera and their composers. Libera might release some sheet music in the future. Let us support them by purchasing their official sheet music instead of distributing fan-transcribed sheet music!

Thank you! :D
Ellensi
That's a shame but hey, if they decide to publish stuff themselves it's not all bad news :D
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Ofcourse, with the possibility of official sheet music, sharing fan-made transcriptions becomes a different thing.
Let's hope Libera goes forward with this!

Either way, making those transcriptions must have been a rewarding musical training ;)