The first song - which was it, where were you, etc.

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

AlAl

The first song - which was it, where were you, etc.

Post by AlAl »

Which was the first song of Libera you heard, in what situation and did you immediately pay attention to it or you had to learn more about them before appreciating the magic of their sound.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The first song I heard from Libera was actually Locus Iste back in 2005. I was browsing around YouTube when I "accidentally" stumbled upon this video. The first time I heard it, I was hooked. That was back in about early February of 2005 I think, then 3 months later, I opened Libera Dreams for the first time. It just goes to show the power of Libera's music can have on some people.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

The first song I heard was Voca Me and it immediately fascinated me but I didn't really understand it. I mean, a bunch of young boys out in a forest at night with big lit torches in robes kind of scared me for a bit. However after researching the group a bit and translating some of the words from the song I realized just how beautiful their music is. So I bought the "Angel Voices" cd and I now listen to it everyday or one of their other cd's.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I love how Libera's music just captures our attention and spirits.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Well, the first song I heard from Libera and also the clip was "Stay with me "
I heard it on an other forum which had nothing to do with music in the first place, but for some kind of reason there was a link to it.
I must tell that I heard of the name/group before but did not noticed that the music would be so nice, in fact, I new the St. Phillips boys choir because my parents had an LP of them and also had seen them on television and even later when they where known as Angel voices and singing by Songs of prais. I didn't pay much attention to them 'cause I always thought they where a choir like you see in the katholic churches, but they are very differently. Stupid me :roll:
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

The first song I heard was Salva Me, it was part of an AMV of Final Fantasy Advent Children.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Well, as I said ealier, the first time I heard them sing, it kind of freaked me out. So don't beat yourself up Liberation. I think a lot of people just don't understand quite how unique the group is. I mean, they aren't like any other group I've ever heard or known..
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Thanks tcliffy, and I think you're right
I never payd much atention to them. When I was young and my parents where listening to such kind of music I thought : O no, again a soprano boy choir, kids who messed up their voices, wish I had listen at that time too.
But than again, Libera is different.
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

My very first Libera experience was quite accidental too. It was before the Christmas of 2007 when i was trying to find a good choir singing "Silent Night" on Youtube--a choir that sounds pure and innocent, not the typical voice of a pop singer. And when i discovered Libera's Silent Night (along with their God Rest Ye Merry CHristmas), i was hooked. I loved Christmas music at Christmastime. And then i browsed around Libera on Youtube and was fascinated with "I Vow to Thee" and "Going Home"--both tunes i recognized from excellent classical music. And then one thing led to another, and now i am a steadfast fan of Libera.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's a familiar story folks. How you listen to one song, then listen to another, and then your conscripted to them for life lol I think my first song was 'We Are The Lost' on YouTube. Then Voca Me on Classic FM. Then just about everything else over a period of time.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It was Adoramus, which I came upon by accident. I had heard a song sung by the group Adeimus. I was wondering what language the song was being sung in, so I decided to look them up in Real Rhapsody. One of the selections produced by my search was 'Adoramus'. I began looking around for other works by Libera. Fortunately it was right about this time that YouTube came on line, so through YouTube I became more familiar with their work.

It turned out that the song sung by Adeimus wasn't in any language, they specialize in singing songs constructed out of non-sense syllables. Go figure. Well, at least they led me to Libera.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The first song I heard was Locus Iste. I was simply browsing through YouTube when I came across the music video for that song. Just like many of you, I came across them by accident but I am really glad I did.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Ditto for me too. I was on YouTube looking for a rendtion 'Stille Nacht' by the WSK as I had sung that particular song in our National concert hall when I was in a choir. Anyway, I stumbled across Libera's performance on that cook's programme from christmas 06 with Tom on solo and that was it... hook...line... and sinker :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Mine was the Steven Geraghty video of Salva Me.
I'm not really sure why the video captured my imagination the way it did. Perhaps it was the visual comparison between innocent looking Steven and his rather imposing looking drummer. This was in 2004 or 2005. Thanks to a little internet research I discovered the rest of the group's work and have been a fan ever since. It was a highlight to see Steven in person on the US tour.

P.S. This turn of the century version of Salva is still my favorite rendering of the song.
Twiddle Your Thumbs

Post by Twiddle Your Thumbs »

On the radio!

It was the classical station in my city, and I was blown away.
Absolutely blown away.
My mum was driving me home from school, and I was listening to it with my mum. I think I started crying. ^^

I didn't know who it was! So, I was desperate to go back home and find the song. I am EVER so grateful to that radio station now 'cause Libera is one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

[The story is complicated. ^^]