How many Libera Fans are Involved in Music?

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

How many Libera Fans are Involved in Music?

Post by Rebecca (: »

I was thinking today, one of the reasons I really enjoy Libera is that I am a musican myself - I sing, play the piano and play the recorder. I've found that by listening to Libera I have helped my love of music to grow, and I'm more determined to practice. Also I love listening to Libera songs and noticing things about them that others who don't sing in a choir, or play an instrument might not hear!
I would really love to find out how all you guys are involved with music, if you are, and what training you've had! :D

I'm in my 5th year of piano, and studying with a new teacher this year which has helped a ton! I'm not where I'd like to be yet, but getting there! This would be my 3rd year of recorder, because after we learned how to play in 5th grade I wasn't too interested until I started playing more last year, and now I pracitce it every day, and enjoy playing Libera songs such as Gaudete and Going Home. I've done choir for longer than I can remember, and it is still my favorite thing to do! I do remember being the only 4th grader in the 5th grade choir, then staying with that for 5th grade. After going on to junior high I had to start out in the 6th grade mixed choir, but then moved straight up to the advanced treble choir the next year, and I am currently still in that. Also for 2 years I was in the district choir, but had to step down because I didn't have enought time. Now I will probably be joining a childrens choir based out of a church in town, for trebles ages 9 through 15, so I'll be able to carry on with that for 2 years! They sing at weddings and open up concerts for more famous choirs, so I think it would be a great expierence!

Sorry for rambling on and on about my expierence, but I'd love to hear ya'lls! (there goes my Texan grammar :lol: )
Libera73
Silver Member

Post by Libera73 »

lol, i played the trumpet from grade 5 - 12. :D and i was in primary school choir :)
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Libera73 wrote:lol, i played the trumpet from grade 5 - 12. :D and i was in primary school choir :)
i play the valion peaion and i do a lot of singing becues i love mucis thats what keeps me going and i try to fined good mucis that fits me good will i was in a chior too
my self and we sing disney song s and stuff like that and thats why i am a mucscan like all of you are becues i love doing mucis its my life and all so i am trying to sing libera songs as will i play by ear so umm i am doing peiaion as will i am doing christmas westrn and more mucis
symphonica7
Gold Member

Re: How many Libera Fans are Involved in Music?

Post by symphonica7 »

Rebecca (: wrote:I was thinking today, one of the reasons I really enjoy Libera is that I am a musican myself - I sing, play the piano and play the recorder. I've found that by listening to Libera I have helped my love of music to grow, and I'm more determined to practice. Also I love listening to Libera songs and noticing things about them that others who don't sing in a choir, or play an instrument might not hear!
I would really love to find out how all you guys are involved with music, if you are, and what training you've had! :D
You just hit he nail in the head, as a musician your ears are trained and fine tuned to hear everything in a song, not saying that others can't pick them out however. It just comes naturally to musicians.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Re: How many Libera Fans are Involved in Music?

Post by symphonica7 »

Good Luck on your musical endeavors!! You are very blessed to be involved in music at such a young age!
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

I've been playing piano for a little over 2 years now, drums for 3, and guitar for about 5 on and off. I am self taught and have recently begun composing and re-writing Libera songs.....
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Bec; Awesome! :D My friend let me play his trumpet once but I was pretty bad at it!

jenna; how cool! I love watching your singing and violin playing on youtube!

Symphonica; haha yep! I've noticed that the people I do play Libera for tend to like them a little more if they are musicans, or at least know something about music! Also, thanks! I wish i had started piano when I started choir (I'm guessing I was 6 or so) but it would have been really hard for me then, espically with my lack of focus :roll:
Sweet! You are an amazing pianist for only playing for 2 years! I'd love to hear your drum/guitar playing sometime! and yeah, your compositions are amazing!!!
Libera73
Silver Member

Post by Libera73 »

Haha yeah, it took a while to get a good sound out of it :p
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I only got to bang on the glockenspiel in percussion group at school, that's about as far as my instrumental talent goes. I was involved in a choir in primary school for a year or so, we even won a singing competition at one of the larger schools. I always remember that look of satisfaction our choir leader gave us. She knew we had done everyone proud in the finals.

That was only a tiny fragment of my life and I remember it like yesterday. I can't imagine the amount of respect the libera boys hold for Mr Prizeman. They change schools, they change teachers, yet he's been their one educational constant from the tiny ages of 7 for some of them.

It must be hard to go from calling him Mr Prizeman to then Robert. I can't imagine the likes of Ian Tilley, Sam, Steven G and Ben C address him as Mr Prizeman now lol

HowardGoodhall received a CBE in the New Years honours list, as far as I'm concerned Mr Robert Prizeman is long overdue a badge of honour too. Albeit for services at a local community level if for nothing else. Getting those youngsters off the 'mean' streets of South London and putting real purpose into their lives. What more of an example do you need?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Many years ago I learned to play the trumpet, also the recorder a little, I could also read sheet music. Its been a long time now so I think its all forgotten.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

symphonica7 wrote:I've been playing piano for a little over 2 years now, drums for 3, and guitar for about 5 on and off. I am self taught and have recently begun composing and re-writing Libera songs.....
You're so good for only playing for 2 years!!! :shock:
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

I go to a school that's known for music, so we start singing in school choir in kindergarten. In church they start you in choir pretty much when you can walk. lol Well, maybe age 2. We get to join the adult choir in 9th grade. (I'm in 11th grade now.) My voice teacher says I'm a soprano, but at school I sing alto cause they need me to.

I took violin lessons from kindergarten thru 5th grade. My mom finally gave up trying to make me practice. But I LOVE piano and have been taking lessons since 2nd grade! I have also played the French horn at church and in school band since 6th grade.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Thanks so much for posting everyone! I love hearing what ya'll do!

Lexi, that's so cool! You must be very talented! I was trying to get into a music school for high school, because after expierencing the middle school's music department failure I wasn't so sure the high school would be any better, but its just too far away for me to get to, so I have to go to the public school, but they do have a pretty strong music program!
I really wanted to be in the school band, and I was for about a week (as a purcussionist) but I didn't have enough time in my schedule for both choir and band, so I had to pick one over the other, and I was advised to choose choir. I really wish I had started piano and choir younger, but I spent pretty much all my free time from kindergarten to 5th grade playing sports, but now I've completly switched to music!
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

I went to music school and learn to play the piano when I was 8 years old till 18.

I joined the Belgium boyschoir Schola Cantorum Cantate Domino when I was 12. I was a soprano untill my voice broke at 16 and then I went on as a counter-tenor.
I left the choir last year because of my studies.

Now, I'm the conductor of the local choir of my parish, but that's a very very very small group of older people. :wink:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Colin wrote:I went to music school and learn to play the piano when I was 8 years old till 18.

I joined the Belgium boyschoir Schola Cantorum Cantate Domino when I was 12. I was a soprano untill my voice broke at 16 and then I went on as a counter-tenor.
I left the choir last year because of my studies.

Now, I'm the conductor of the local choir of my parish, but that's a very very very small group of older people. :wink:
Oh how cool!

I've actually heard theeir music before, it's very nice! You're lucky to have had such a great expierence :D