What is/are your most-listened to Libera song(s)?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

labbie

Re: What is/are your most-listened to Libera song(s)?

Post by labbie »

For me, a mix of older and newer. From the first album, I tend to listen to "Agnus Dei", "Mysterium", and "Jubilate". From the CDs of the late 2000s, I like "Far Away" (the Leiden concert version was the first Libera song I remember hearing), "Prayer" and "Stay With Me" (I've really enjoyed hearing Daniel perform this one live), "Gloria", "May the Road Rise Up", and from "Peace" and beyond, "Ave Virgo", "How Shall I Sing That Majesty", "Lead, Kindly Light", "The Fountain", "Lullabye" and "Song of Life". Most recently, Eoghan's solo performances in Chicago served to remind me how much I love the canon, "Glory to Thee". In fact, this song and "The Fountain" were the two most emotional moments for me during the Chicago concert. It is probably obvious to everyone that I was thinking about my CD collection and mentally going through the tracklistings. It's difficult to name a shortlist of favourites. Of course, it can be said that I appreciate anything that Libera does for a number of reasons. No matter what kind of a day I've had, I can put on this music that can be both gentle and powerful, and focus on a world of beautiful sounds.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I was bored earlier and decided to listen to luminosa and some songs I have not heard before as I have not listened to the first two albums fully .

Anyhow I have to say Big Ben and Steven pull it out the park again on Silencium . I have listened to it loads tonight and can't believe how good it is .

Ben and Steven sound so good together when they blend .
LiberaMe

Post by LiberaMe »

According to iTunes:
1. Exsultate
2. Sanctissima
3. Gaudete
4. Coventry Carol
5. Carol of the Bells
6. Ave Verum
7. Salva Me
8. Locus Iste
9. Time
10.Dies Irae
No surprise here... they're all my favorites :D
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

at this moment

Time
How Shall I Sing That Majesty
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Luminosa is definitely my favourite album and the one I listen to the most (together with Peace) – although it just crossed my mind that I have both Peace and Peace Deluxe on my iTunes, and if I'd combine the plays on those albums most of the songs there would probably be on the top of the list. But anyway, this is what my iTunes says:

1. Lament (At one point I had this on always on repeat while trying to fall asleep, that accounts for most of the plays.)
2. Silencium
3. Deep Peace
4. Twilight
5. Attendite
6. How Shall We Sing That Majesty
7. Lacrymosa (Peace)
8. Faithful Heart
9. Luminosa
10. Carol of the Bells

But seriously, dani, I still just cannot believe you haven't listened to Luminosa in full (or hopefully you have by now?). :lol: Music just doesn't get any better than that.
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Right now:

Stay With Me-
Time-
Coventry Carol, and really all of the Christmas album :wink: I'm trying to listen to their Christmas album as much as possible, since Epiphany hasn't ended yet :)
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Julia wrote:I'm trying to listen to their Christmas album as much as possible, since Epiphany hasn't ended yet :)
What church calendar do you go by? I'm Roman Catholic and last Sunday in my church we celebrated the second Sunday in the year.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

maartendas wrote:
Julia wrote:I'm trying to listen to their Christmas album as much as possible, since Epiphany hasn't ended yet :)
What church calendar do you go by? I'm Roman Catholic and last Sunday in my church we celebrated the second Sunday in the year.
The Vatican typically keeps its tree up until February 2, the feast of the presentation
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Szepilona wrote:
maartendas wrote:
The Vatican typically keeps its tree up until February 2, the feast of the presentation
Wow, I didn't know that :D Almost makes me want to put my Christmas decorations back up again :wink:
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote:What church calendar do you go by? I'm Roman Catholic and last Sunday in my church we celebrated the second Sunday in the year.
I go by the Western calendar- My family follows the church year by useing an Episcable prayerbook including all the readings and Scripture references therein.
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Right now, the Christmas Album is all I'm playing!

Christmas is over, in my family, in my religion (Methodist/Unitarian Universalist), in my life....but I don't care!!!!

It will be a Libera Christmas all year, and evermore!!!!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Julia wrote:
maartendas wrote:What church calendar do you go by? I'm Roman Catholic and last Sunday in my church we celebrated the second Sunday in the year.
I go by the Western calendar- My family follows the church year by useing an Episcable prayerbook including all the readings and Scripture references therein.
Cool :) As a liturgy geek, I love books like that ;) But on topic again though ;) I have to admit I haven't been listening to Libera a lot lately but when I did I enjoyed mostly their older stuff like their first album and Luminosa.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I'm still listening to the Christmas album quite often!
The tree also hasn't left its place until now, but it doesn't get better over time :lol: It's about time to change the decorations!
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote:Cool :) As a liturgy geek, I love books like that ;) But on topic again though ;) I have to admit I haven't been listening to Libera a lot lately but when I did I enjoyed mostly their older stuff like their first album and Luminosa.
:wink: The early ones were some of the best!
the water sighs for me
The fountain overflows

O living fountain

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

katyafan wrote:Right now, the Christmas Album is all I'm playing!

Christmas is over, in my family, in my religion (Methodist/Unitarian Universalist), in my life....but I don't care!!!!

It will be a Libera Christmas all year, and evermore!!!!
There's a Methodist - Unitarian church? I, uhm, have never heard of that.