Favourite song from each album...

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Quinnsome
Silver Member

Favourite song from each album...

Post by Quinnsome »

Do you have a favourite song from each of Libera's albums? What are they, and why are they favourites?

I know that I could never choose, but does anyone have one Libera song that is their all-time favourite?
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Speaking of favourites, WOW! I do have many many favourites out of all the songs..

Let see: Starting from the very first Libera album I bought - Angel Voices: Libera in concert DVD.

First up, my favourites of the favourites in this album is "Do not stand at my grave and weep"! What can I say? It is absolutely amazing and wonderfully sang! I like Tom's solo in this song. It's perfect. I almost stopped breathing when I heard this song. It's soothing, calming and very meaningful. Great lyrics as well.

Next up, it's "Going home" as well as "I vow to thee my country". Both tied. "Going home" because it's Josh so called first proper solo, where we finally get to hear his wonderful soloist voice instead of the usual harmonies. In addition, "Going home" sounds extremely refreshing with Josh, Tom and Ben's singing. Great team work. Everyone blended very well together. "I vow to thee my country" because the violinist is totally amazing! Very emotional. Great harmonies too.

Following, it's "Salva me", "Sanctus", and "Adoramus".

Oh.. Seriously.. I almost all the songs are my favourites. I can't stop listening to them.

As for my newest and second album to my Libera collection - New Dawn,
oh my gosh! Do I really have to name a favourite? I like them all sooo soo soo much! But if I really have to choose, it gonna be "Rest in peace", "Love and mercy" and "May the road rise up" - all at number one! I listen to these three tracks the most number of times compared to other tracks in this album.
I can't describe and neither can I explain why I love this three tracks so much. They are just perfect perfect perfect. Mainly because from their singing, you somehow can sense the true meaning of the song, and understand it slowly. It's pretty touching and emotional as well. These boys are really singing from their hearts.
And I have to add, I also like oh gosh.. can I have the rest of the tracks as number two? I can't deny the fact that the rest rocks as much too.

As for older albums -
From the album "Free", it gonna be "Voca me", "Twilight", and "When a knight won his spurs".
From album "Visions", - "Locus Iste, "New Day", "We are the lost", "Sing For Ever", "Always with you", "Sempiterna".
From album "Angel Voices" - "Far Away", "Going Home".

The list is never ending. Libera is just so wonderful. Every album and every song they sang is just as good as the other.
joo

Post by joo »

Let me see....

Luminosa - My favorites on his one are Gaudete, Lacrymosa and Sanctus II. Gaudete is so cute and happy, I love the melody for Lacrymosa and, of corse, Sanctus II is just plain gorgeous. I want a version of Sanctus at my wedding. :P

Angel Voices 2 - Close Every Door to Me is most likely my all time favorite. Liam O'Kane is so cute in it, and he even sounds sad. I also like Evening Falls. I love Enya. :D

Angel Voices 3 - Beyond all doubt, Walking in the Air is my favorite. The song is just so beautiful, and Liam O'kane is, as always, amazing. Saviour's Day, Mistletoe and Wine and Holly and the Ivy are also some of my favorites; they're just so much fun.

Libera - Agnus Dei, Sanctus and Sancta are my favorites. They're so pretty. And they all have Liam O'Kane. Hee. :roll:

Visions - Sempiterna is by far my favorite; it's one of my all time favorites. It's just so incredibly pretty. It makes me cry.

Angle Voices - Always with You, probablly is my favorite. I don't really know why. This was the first CD I heard, and I loved that song. Along with Sanctus. :wink:
Oh, Freddie. <3
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

AHHH I CANT CHOOSE :shock:

I love all the songs on all the albums, but I guess my all time fave must be Far Away
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

I know; it's such a hard question. I shouldn't have asked it if I cannot really answer it myself. I agonize excessively over choosing favourites in anything. Libera is no exception.
Um, if I force myself to choose, these are my favourites at the moment...

Angel Voices (1993): San Damiano, Always There, Adoramus Te, and Sailing. And at the moment, my favourite of those is Adoramus Te.

Angel Voices 2: Evening Falls, Bright Eyes, Close Every Door to Me, Jesus Bids Us Shine/Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, and Light the Candles Round the World. Right now my one favourite is Close Every Door to Me.

Angel Voices 3: Saviour's Day, Walking in the Air, In Dulci Jubilo, God Rest You Merry Gentlemen, Mistletoe and Wine, The Holly and the Ivy, The First Noel, Mary's Boy Child, When a Child is Born, and Do You Hear What I Hear?. I know that's quite a number (um, 10, which is half of the songs...) but it was so hard to pick! At the moment my favourite is God Rest You Merry Gentlemen.

Libera: Oh, this is so very difficult! Um, I'd have to say Salva Me, Libera, Beata Lux, Dies Irae, and Sancta. At the moment, I like Dies Irae best. Before I bought any Libera albums, while listening to clips online, I fell in love with Dies Irae after a mere 30 seconds. Also it was the first song in which I heard Steven as a soloist. I fell completely in love with his voice as well.

Luminosa: I love all of the songs on this album. To choose favourites from favourites, I'd have to say Vespera, Ave Maria, Sacris Solemnis, Gaudete, Silencium, and Semele. Steven, Steven, Steven! He was impossibly amazing as a soprano; Ben, too!

Free: I am the Day, Stay With Me, Voca Me, Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep, When A Knight Won His Spurs, I Vow to Thee, My Country, and Adoramus. My current favourite is I am the Day.

Visions:Always With You, Libera, Sempiterna, Something Sings, New Day, and Sing For Ever. Sempiterna is my very favourite.

Angel Voices: Far Away, Going Home, Salva Me, We are the Lost, and Recordare; Far Away being my favourite.

Angel Voices: Libera in Concert: Going Home, Libera, Salva Me, Stay With Me, Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep, and I am the Day. Going Home is my favourite. It's also my favourite one to watch on the DVD.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

I do not have 'one' song on each album that I like but more, so like anyone else I choose more but it still is a difficult choice.

Angel voices : How can I keep from singing / Panis angelicus / A doramus te / Morning has broken / Sailing

Angel voices 2: Onward Christian soldiers / Evening falls / Bright eyes / Close every door to me / Bailero

Angel voices 3: Walking in the air / Mary's boy child / When a child is born

Libera : Salva me / Mysterium / Dies Irae / Lux eterna / Sancta

Luminosa : Ave Maria / Sacris solemnis / Semele

Visions : We are the lost / Always with you / Ave Maria / Abide with me / Something sings / Sing forever

Free : Stay with me / Do not stand at my grave / When a knight... / I vow to tee my country

Angel voices : Going home / Sanctus / Far away

Angel voices live : Abide with me / Adoramus / Going home / I vow to tee my country
joo

Re: Favourite song from each album...

Post by joo »

Quinnsome wrote:I know that I could never choose, but does anyone have one Libera song that is their all-time favourite?
Hey, I didn't see this at first.

My all time favorite is tyed between Sanctus, Sempiterna, and Walking in the Air.

I guess if I had to pick my favorite, at the moment it would be Sempiterna. Though it changes with the day/mood, as do most things. :P
Oh, Freddie. <3
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

well, now that they have a new cd I think some people might have new favorites so I'm resurrecting this topic. To be frank, I still can't choose any favorites; but on the new album, I have to say I absolutely adore orinoco flow, air, gloria, rest in peace, and jerusalem. Those are my favorites from"New Dawn".
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Ah, New Dawn! Yes, let me see...
At least for right now, my favourites include Orinoco Flow, Secret, Sancte, Rest in Peace, and Never Be Alone.

Probably the one that stood out most when I first heard the CD was Rest in Peace.
Sancte was also one of those songs. It's beautiful, and rather haunting.
(Very glad that Liam got a solo, although I wish he would've been given more! I think he has a gorgeous voice.)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

For me, the song from 'New Dawn' that stood out the most has to be May The Road Rise Up. Never Be Alone and Love and Mercy also stood up but May The Road Rise Up stood out the most to me. I love how soft and mellow it is and Tom's voice really made it even more enjoyable with the graceness of his voice.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I think my favorite song from all their cd's is I Am The Day. I have loved this song from the 1st time I've heard it. I like Big Ben's version and I like the current version with Josh and Sam singing lead. I am very glad this has become their signature song. It is a wonderful way to end their shows.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Locus iste, off Visions, for sure!

Air also, because I'm a Bach fanatic :wink:

Luminosa, because it's beautiful and very gentle,

And Do Not Stand (at Leiden), for its intensity, impressive maturity, and message.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: Favourite song from each album...

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Quinnsome wrote:Do you have a favourite song from each of Libera's albums? What are they, and why are they favourites?

I know that I could never choose, but does anyone have one Libera song that is their all-time favourite?
my favriet song is going home by josh becues some times it can make you feel home sick sometimes and i love all of the songs becues they are sweet mucis
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

TEB wrote:I think my favorite song from all their cd's is I Am The Day. I have loved this song from the 1st time I've heard it. I like Big Ben's version and I like the current version with Josh and Sam singing lead. I am very glad this has become their signature song. It is a wonderful way to end their shows.
same way for me i like tom and josh they are really good singers
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Kevin wrote:For me, the song from 'New Dawn' that stood out the most has to be May The Road Rise Up. Never Be Alone and Love and Mercy also stood up but May The Road Rise Up stood out the most to me. I love how soft and mellow it is and Tom's voice really made it even more enjoyable with the graceness of his voice.
all of the songs are my favriet and there dvd is so much fun to wch hahaha