Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Murkskis wrote:
paopao wrote:
Murkskis wrote:dislikes:
1. I loose my patience too easily (if internet connection fails I can get angry- so silly :lol: )
me too! Give me high five!! :lol:
Yeah, sending 'the virtual high five' :lol:
High five back at ya buddy....
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

symphonica7 wrote:
Murkskis wrote:
paopao wrote: me too! Give me high five!! :lol:
I'm with the 3 of ya'll!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Rebecca (: wrote:
symphonica7 wrote:
Murkskis wrote:
I'm with the 3 of ya'll!
'the virtual high five' to you all ! :D
P.s. I really need to add another 'like'
Hanging on this forum :lol:
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Hey gang, I'll have to think about this a minute...

Let's see...

Dislikes:

1. I'm short (5'6").
2. I'm shy and not a good public speaker at all.

1. I do volunteer work, and like to work with and for causes that benefit kids. I've volunteered for Big Brothers, 4-H, and right now Reading Partners. I'm tutoring a 4th grader named Jordan and he is a great kid.
2. I like playing computer games, riding my bike, and walking/jogging.
3. I have a great job doing technical support for WebEx. Also my co-workers are very nice and almost like family.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

BrightEyes wrote:Hey gang, I'll have to think about this a minute...

Let's see...

Dislikes:

1. I'm short (5'6").

1. I do volunteer work, and like to work with and for causes that benefit kids. I've volunteered for Big Brothers, 4-H, and right now Reading Partners. I'm tutoring a 4th grader named Jordan and he is a great kid.
3. I have a great job doing technical support for WebEx. Also my co-workers are very nice and almost like family.
I'm very shy as well, and I hate speaking infront of the class and stuff, so I'm with you there! You're taller than me at least.. I'm 5 foot 3.

Your likes are very interesting! It's good that you do a lot of volounteer work :D
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Rebecca (: wrote:I'm very shy as well, and I hate speaking infront of the class and stuff, so I'm with you there! You're taller than me at least.. I'm 5 foot 3.

Your likes are very interesting! It's good that you do a lot of volounteer work :D
Thanks, Rebecca, but you're still growing I bet. I'll probably get shorter as I age :(

Anyhow don't let the whole height thing get to you too much. Just be happy with who you are :)

I hope your trip to England to see the concert goes well! Wish I could go too, but I found out about it way too late.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

BrightEyes wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:I'm very shy as well, and I hate speaking infront of the class and stuff, so I'm with you there! You're taller than me at least.. I'm 5 foot 3.

Thanks, Rebecca, but you're still growing I bet. I'll probably get shorter as I age :(

Anyhow don't let the whole height thing get to you too much. Just be happy with who you are :)

I hope your trip to England to see the concert goes well! Wish I could go too, but I found out about it way too late.
True... :roll: I'm only 13 so I've got a little ways to go till I stop growing. My little brother on the other hand, is 8 yearsold and has already hit 5 foot. He's gonna be tall...

Thanks! I wish you could go to, but I'm sure there will be another USA tour soon that you'll hopefully be able to attend! It took a lot of begging for me to be able to go :P Plus doing double chores...
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

BrightEyes wrote:

True... :roll: I'm only 13 so I've got a little ways to go till I stop growing. My little brother on the other hand, is 8 yearsold and has already hit 5 foot. He's gonna be tall...

Thanks! I wish you could go to, but I'm sure there will be another USA tour soon that you'll hopefully be able to attend! It took a lot of begging for me to be able to go :P Plus doing double chores...
Wow 5' tall at 8 :o He must be the tallest kid in his class!

Well I would say you've earned the trip! I know you will have a great time over there. Your parents must be proud of you and your brother and your achievements.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Let's see...

Dislikes:

1. I'm short (5'6").

I'm very shy as well, and I hate speaking infront of the class and stuff, so I'm with you there! You're taller than me at least.. I'm 5 foot 3.

I'm an introvert my nature as well...but my job won't allow me to be...so I must step out of my comfort zone...and before long...you realize that you actually do enjoy being in the lime light and talking to lots and lots of people!! Don't worry I'm short too...5'7 or something like that. haha. its only physical appearance...

Sounds like you have an amazing job! And you are a much better person than I am....I'm way too lazy to even attempt to reach out to others as you do....you deserve lots of praise on that one!!!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

symphonica7 wrote:

Let's see...

Dislikes:

1. I'm short (5'6").

I'm an introvert my nature as well...but my job won't allow me to be...so I must step out of my comfort zone...and before long...you realize that you actually do enjoy being in the lime light and talking to lots and lots of people!! Don't worry I'm short too...5'7 or something like that. haha. its only physical appearance...

Sounds like you have an amazing job! And you are a much better person than I am....I'm way too lazy to even attempt to reach out to others as you do....you deserve lots of praise on that one!!!
I'm sure with a job like yours you must be used to speaking infront of people! I'm fine if I'm onstage, but off it I hardly talk to anyone! I can speak infront of hundreds of people for the opening of choir concerts, but then just presenting something for the class makes me nervous! 5 foot 7 isn't too short.. my friends dad is 6'10! He used to play college basketball.. :D My dad played as well, but only through high school.. he's about 6 ft 3 now.
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

2 things I dislike about myself

1. I can be too nice (dislike and like at the same time, weird huh)
2. I could lose some weight

3 things I like about myself.

1. I am a loving person. I love everybody.
2. Even though I am too nice, I like being a nice person.
3. I try to find happiness in everything, from driving to work, to work itself.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

jesuspeace34 wrote:2 things I dislike about myself

1. I can be too nice (dislike and like at the same time, weird huh)
2. I could lose some weight

3 things I like about myself.

1. I am a loving person. I love everybody.
2. Even though I am too nice, I like being a nice person.
3. I try to find happiness in everything, from driving to work, to work itself.
Very interesting!! Sounds like you have a very happy life :D
It seems as if most Libera fans are very loving and nice people!
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

symphonica7 wrote:

Let's see...

Dislikes:

1. I'm short (5'6").

Hola Symphonica :)

I like to do the volunteer work, since it gets me out of the house and I like working with kids.

If you learn to do well with being in front of people I'm proud of you. I will stay in audience and cheer you on!

My job is very nice... but I still like yours better :)
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

BrightEyes wrote:
symphonica7 wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote: I'm very shy as well, and I hate speaking infront of the class and stuff, so I'm with you there! You're taller than me at least.. I'm 5 foot 3.

Hola Symphonica :)

I like to do the volunteer work, since it gets me out of the house and I like working with kids.

If you learn to do well with being in front of people I'm proud of you. I will stay in audience and cheer you on!

My job is very nice... but I still like yours better :)
How's Jordan doing???

Oh believe me....I was so scared of public speaking....I would've rather died...then my worst nightmare came true the first year of college...
I had to present a recording and mixing project in front of all my 300 colleagues and a panel of critics......they pretty much tore me a new a** hole....to say the least....after that....everything else wasn't so bad...haha
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

symphonica7 wrote: How's Jordan doing???

Oh believe me....I was so scared of public speaking....I would've rather died...then my worst nightmare came true the first year of college...
I had to present a recording and mixing project in front of all my 300 colleagues and a panel of critics......they pretty much tore me a new a** hole....to say the least....after that....everything else wasn't so bad...haha
Hey Symphonica :)

Jordan's doing really well. Thanks for asking. We're currently reading "A Tale Dark and Grimm" which is a re-working of Grimm's Fairy Tales and he's enjoying that really well. I like tutoring a lot and I've been thinking of volunteering with the Boys and Girls Club as well if I can tear myself away from playing computer games :)

I might need a good stiff drink if I had to present anything in front of 300 people. It's just not something I'm good at. I can write a good speech maybe, but I'd rather someone else got up and said it.

Hope all is well with your composing and sound engineering lately. I liked your tribute to Joe Snelling, by the way :)
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"