What is your favourite version of Sanctus?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sanctus (Libera)
10%
Sanctus II (Luminosa)
14%
Locus Iste (Visions)
38%
Sanctus (Angel Voices)
19%
Sanctus (Angel Voices: Libera in Concert)
19%

Total votes: 21

Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Just curious to know, as there are five versions and they are all different... which is your favourite, and why?
KP

Post by KP »

I chose Sanctus II simply because of the mood I'm in.
Right now I love the subtle beat- loads of fun!
At other times I might prefer the intro to Locus Iste, but now I'm in a
very Sanctus II- ish mood.
Great question, Quinnsome!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I love the newest version from the live concert the best followed by locus iste. In the live concert one, I really liked how it was introduced with the low melody on the keyboards followed by the gentle voices before you get the full blast of young angels singing.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I like the very first version the most, followed by the Angel Voices: Libera in concert next. Actually, depending on my mood, sometimes I also like listening to Locus Iste. All versions are equally good, great arrangements. It's one of my favourite songs, after all.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Of course the original version is always the best, but in my personal opinion, I enjoyed Locus Iste. I loved the opening and closing highs.
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

As others have said before me, I like the calm intro into Sanctus given in the concert. Also, the benedictus line in the middle of Sanctus (in Locus Iste and the later Sanctus') which the altos and the higher trebles split on the rhythm. Although I did like the more liberal use of the lower voices in the original sanctus, the concert version is my favourite.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

I voted for Locus Iste... not certain why I decided that I liked it best. I guess I really like the violins and the arrangement. The choir had a very nice sound in it as well.

Oh, I have a question... does anyone know who sings the bit at the beginning and end of Locus iste? ("Locus iste a deo factus est in estimabile sacramentum") It sounds rather like it's Michael and Tom, but I don't know... does anyone else here know?
joo

Post by joo »

I was tied between Locus Iste and Sanctus from Libera but Sanctus won. Liam's so lovely. Lovely child.

Hm. I regret to say I do not know, Quinnsome. I do belive I shall listen to it today and try to figure it out, though.
Oh, Freddie. <3
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

watch this, it will answer your question :D

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Locus Iste is one of my favourite 'Sanctus' - but that's only a microscopic nano-measurement of favouritism between all the other versions, because they are all very special.

The DVD concert performance was very nice, but the Cherry on that particular cake would have been a solo ending by one of the boys (Tom or Ed) in place of the violin.
joo

Post by joo »

JimmyRiddle wrote:The DVD concert performance was very nice, but the Cherry on that particular cake would have been a solo ending by one of the boys (Tom or Ed) in place of the violin.
I agree completely. I love that version; of corse it's gorgeous, it's Libera, and even the violin was pretty. But at the very end and begining I was looking forward to a solo, and got none. :cry:
Oh, Freddie. <3
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

I choose 'Sanctus' from 'Angel voices' , it's more powerfull
But to be honest, I can not really make a choise cause they are so different from each other that every sanctus is just as good as the other.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes your right, Liberation. The opening of that version is very powerful, and Ed's high solo at the end also added a nice touch to it.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Sanctus with Ed or Tom singing the solo at the end is my favorite. It was Ed on the cd(and the SOP video) and Tom on the When Will I Be Famous spot.

On the live cd, I think even though the titles say Sanctus, the song performed is really Locus Iste. Especially since it ends with Fiona's solo.
Though I do have to say, I like the video for Locus Iste. I like the story that is presented and that it was centered around Michael.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Locus iste! Not only my favorite cut of the Sanctus, but my favorite Libera track, period.