UK concert serie announced! - Autumn 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:But by writing yourself the URL shown (not cliking on it), or by using the link above in Yorkie's message, I have no problem and I arrive on the real site of the Poznan festival :)
Cheers FDL. Didn't think it was intentional, Yahoo Group is becoming a bit of a virus haven lately. Get lots of stuff coming to my inbox.
Sue wrote:I've read somewhere on the web (it was a blog or article) that Stefan isn't a Trinity BC - chorister longer. Some time ago he leaved Trinity Boys Choir I think.
Thanks for the infot and understandable if it's true. The Time committment being in Libera alone is huge.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

Sue wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Catching up with my emails and horticult2000 on the Yahoo Angel Voices forum has picked up on something interesting.

There is an international festival of boys choirs hosted by the Poznan boys choir 16 - 21 November 2010 and one of the choirs that will be there is Trinity Boys Choir.

So? Which school does Libera's current prime soloist attend? That's right, Stefan attends Trinity school and sings in their choir. Will we be without Stefan on the 19th???

http://www.poznanfestival.pl/en/home/
I've read somewhere on the web (it was a blog or article) that Stefan isn't a Trinity BC - chorister longer. Some time ago he leaved Trinity Boys Choir I think.
I don't think so...
http://issuu.com/londonphilharmonic/doc ... esentation

He recently performed with the others in Mahler's 3rd Symphony with the London Philharmonic.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
Sue wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Catching up with my emails and horticult2000 on the Yahoo Angel Voices forum has picked up on something interesting.

There is an international festival of boys choirs hosted by the Poznan boys choir 16 - 21 November 2010 and one of the choirs that will be there is Trinity Boys Choir.

So? Which school does Libera's current prime soloist attend? That's right, Stefan attends Trinity school and sings in their choir. Will we be without Stefan on the 19th???

http://www.poznanfestival.pl/en/home/
I've read somewhere on the web (it was a blog or article) that Stefan isn't a Trinity BC - chorister longer. Some time ago he leaved Trinity Boys Choir I think.
I don't think so...
http://issuu.com/londonphilharmonic/doc ... esentation

He recently performed with the others in Mahler's 3rd Symphony with the London Philharmonic.
Just WOW ! 8)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

lacrymosa2 wrote:He recently performed with the others in Mahler's 3rd Symphony with the London Philharmonic.
Recently as in this week! Great find :D

I agree with Jimmy, surely the school would take precedence. I think my next job is to try and source some Trinity recordings.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Murkskis wrote:Yay ! :lol:I just bought one flight Riga-London on 19thNov and return flight the following day ! Just for ~70 GBP ! :D
Ryanair has an interesting pricing policy. When I checked the same flight 4 days ago it was priced for ~130 GBP :?
But no holidays this time- just for the concert ! :wink:
Anyway- still happy :lol:
P.s. And I'm quite crazy as well- I really can't afford even 3 or 4 days this time, I dare just 24 hours !
Well, at least the important people will be there even if Stefan can't be bothered to show up (only joking :lol: ).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:Well, at least the important people will be there even if Stefan can't be bothered to show up (only joking :lol: ).
Yes, all the important people... you and Patrick. :lol: Interesting to know who they will pick as Stefan's understudy for when he can't be around to sing most of the solos...
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote: Well, at least the important people will be there even if Stefan can't be bothered to show up (only joking :lol: ).
Ha-ha ! So important that I can't even choose the best park to pass the night instead of an expensive hotel ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Very interesting news about Stefan maybe not being there but sreuly Prizeman would be aware of stuff like this and to lose your main soloest seems a bit silly so i wont panick just yet.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: Hi Tom !! :D

St George Cathedral site : http://www.southwark-rc-cathedral.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A nice photo
Thanks for the link Patrick. 8)

Sorry Yorkie, but having now seen all of the venues, I'm sticking with Bristol as the best location to see Libera in action. Both cathedrals remind me too much of St. Louis and Riverside, my least favorite venues.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

dani wrote:Very interesting news about Stefan maybe not being there but sreuly Prizeman would be aware of stuff like this and to lose your main soloest seems a bit silly so i wont panick just yet.
There were so many different leads on the different songs done this summer, that it seemed anyone could be replaced just by exchanging a few songs on the set list. While it would be a shame to miss out on the masterful job Stefan did on his leads, it would present an opportunity for others to increase their roles and that would be worth seeing.... it would also be an argument for attending more than one concert in the fall series.....
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

tom413 wrote:
dani wrote:Very interesting news about Stefan maybe not being there but sreuly Prizeman would be aware of stuff like this and to lose your main soloest seems a bit silly so i wont panick just yet.
There were so many different leads on the different songs done this summer, that it seemed anyone could be replaced just by exchanging a few songs on the set list. While it would be a shame to miss out on the masterful job Stefan did on his leads, it would present an opportunity for others to increase their roles and that would be worth seeing.... it would also be an argument for attending more than one concert in the fall series.....
I must be mistaken as i thought Stefan still had about 8,9 solos during the concerts.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

There were two songs he did unassisted. I think those would have to be scrapped if no one else was capable of stepping in on short notice. Other songs in which he had an important role would have to be modified for sure, but I figure they could still be performed well. Such is (or should be) the nature of a good group of singers and I have confidence in our current lineup.

I think the biggest loss to the show would be Stefan's ability to perform amidst the crowd should Libera wish to use that device in this concert. In all the concerts I have seen only Ed has done something similar, but Stefan definitely exceeded even that high standard this year - particularly in Fort Worth.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

tom413 wrote:There were two songs he did unassisted. I think those would have to be scrapped if no one else was capable of stepping in on short notice. Other songs in which he had an important role would have to be modified for sure, but I figure they could still be performed well. Such is (or should be) the nature of a good group of singers and I have confidence in our current lineup.

I think the biggest loss to the show would be Stefan's ability to perform amidst the crowd should Libera wish to use that device in this concert. In all the concerts I have seen only Ed has done something similar, but Stefan definitely exceeded even that high standard this year - particularly in Fort Worth.
Thanks for the update. For me personally Stefan is now there best singer. I am sure in 2,3 years time he will go down as a great Libera soloest.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote: For me personally Stefan is now there best singer. I am sure in 2,3 years time he will go down as a great Libera soloest.
Yeah, at least one of the best 8) .
Though all of them need support.
Hopefully we will see him on 19th Nov, too (just my selfish idea :wink: ). Anyway I woun`t complain if he chooses the other event. I suppose he is performing at least 4 concerts out of 5.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I have just booked a hotel for Bristol. I can cancel up to the day before if i change my mind but with Stefan maybe not doing London i have decided to hedge my bets.