UK concert serie announced! - Autumn 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:
Dont worry i agree. I guess im just not as hard core as you and Patrick. Because i would love to do both Bristol and Chester and if they was just day trips would not be to bad but even just doing Chester , i am looking at well over £100 once you throw in train fares , hotel, concert ticket and so on. Just seems like a lot of cash when they are playing London less than a month later with the same set up.
To be fair, nobody is as hard core as Patrick! I'm definately not doing Bristol mainly because I have to work but partly cost. Chester I can drive to & London is a bit of a treat, but then again I'm not in a bad job and as I'm single I can spend all my money on me :D

Apologies to anybody reading these threads if it comes across as one upmanship - don't mean to. Anybody on here is a fan of Libera, equally important and the number of concerts attended is of no importance.

It's just exciting to get the chance to see so many concerts.

Liberté - Égalité - Fraternité
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Apologies to anybody reading these threads if it comes across as one upmanship - don't mean to.
I am sure people dont think that. I am always amazed at how hardcore Patrick is , in a good way :)

Hopefully if they annouce another concert close to Chester i can rethink my plans.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:
Apologies to anybody reading these threads if it comes across as one upmanship - don't mean to.
I am sure people dont think that. I am always amazed at how hardcore Patrick is , in a good way :)
I agree on that, too :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Yorkie wrote:
tom413 wrote:Looked over all the sites....I am so glad I don't have a passport
or I'd be booking accommodations right now. :oops:

If I had to pick one to see it definitely would be Bristol. I think it offers the best chance for excellent sight lines for the concert goer.

I am envious of anyone who has the good fortune to be able to attend.
But I'm not going to that one, can't you pick another one as the best so as not to upset me?
Sorry Yorkie.... I calls 'em as I sees 'em. :)

I have been told that St. George's is a lovely cathedral, but haven't seen any pictures yet....
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The tickets are begining to be shown on Ticketweb Smile
(there was nothing related to "libera" on the site till today).

But the sell is not yet opened, and even the price seems not to be yet choosen.
Ticketweb just displays a range, £10-£15

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user?query=s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... rch=libera
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

dani wrote:
To further the FdL legend....he told me he spent the drive from Dallas to Memphis listening to the complete works of Libera.....in chronological order! :shock:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

tom413 wrote:I have been told that St. George's is a lovely cathedral, but haven't seen any pictures yet....
Hi Tom !! :D

St George Cathedral site : http://www.southwark-rc-cathedral.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A nice photo

Google Images for "St George cathedral Southwark" :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

tom413 wrote:he told me he spent the drive from Dallas to Memphis listening to the complete works of Libera.....in chronological order! :shock:
In fact this was Geozed's idea.
I was driving, he was the guide, managing the GPS and the MP3 player. :)

(speaking for myself I don't even own a MP3 player ! ;) )
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
tom413 wrote:he told me he spent the drive from Dallas to Memphis listening to the complete works of Libera.....in chronological order! :shock:
In fact this was Geozed's idea.
I was driving, he was the guide, managing the GPS and the MP3 player. :)

(speaking for myself I don't even own a MP3 player ! ;) )
Old hat that idea - I did it myself on my 9 hour round trip to Edinburgh last August. Did have a few scary moments changing the CD's while driving :shock: :shock:

No mp3 player Patrick? - at last I've go a gadget that F_D_L doesn't own. They are great for those long train journeys on your way to get the next 'fix' of Libera

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Catching up with my emails and horticult2000 on the Yahoo Angel Voices forum has picked up on something interesting.

There is an international festival of boys choirs hosted by the Poznan boys choir 16 - 21 November 2010 and one of the choirs that will be there is Trinity Boys Choir.

So? Which school does Libera's current prime soloist attend? That's right, Stefan attends Trinity school and sings in their choir. Will we be without Stefan on the 19th???

http://www.poznanfestival.pl/en/home/

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I expect if he's lead soloist for his school choir (which I think he his, based on his invitation to sing solo in the LOTR orchestral performance earlier this year), this would take precedence over Libera. If he's going to be singing at all the other concerts, I don't think it would be too much to ask him to miss one to travel with his school's choir. Which in itself is a very reputable one.

By the way I clicked on that link and got a virus pop-up from AVG so I'm not clicking on it again.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:By the way I clicked on that link and got a virus pop-up from AVG so I'm not clicking on it again.
Same problem as you Jimmy. :?

The link published on the Yahoo group message seems to be compromised. When I clik on it, my Firefox warns me saying it's a "phiship page". The url is then someting related to "newwave.orge", which is not corresponding to the url shown in the message.

But by writing yourself the URL shown (not cliking on it), or by using the link above in Yorkie's message, I have no problem and I arrive on the real site of the Poznan festival :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yay ! :lol:I just bought one flight Riga-London on 19thNov and return flight the following day ! Just for ~70 GBP ! :D
Ryanair has an interesting pricing policy. When I checked the same flight 4 days ago it was priced for ~130 GBP :?
But no holidays this time- just for the concert ! :wink:
Anyway- still happy :lol:
P.s. And I'm quite crazy as well- I really can't afford even 3 or 4 days this time, I dare just 24 hours !
Last edited by Murkskis on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Yorkie wrote:Catching up with my emails and horticult2000 on the Yahoo Angel Voices forum has picked up on something interesting.

There is an international festival of boys choirs hosted by the Poznan boys choir 16 - 21 November 2010 and one of the choirs that will be there is Trinity Boys Choir.

So? Which school does Libera's current prime soloist attend? That's right, Stefan attends Trinity school and sings in their choir. Will we be without Stefan on the 19th???

I've read somewhere on the web (it was a blog or article) that Stefan isn't a Trinity BC - chorister longer. Some time ago he leaved Trinity Boys Choir I think.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Sue wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Catching up with my emails and horticult2000 on the Yahoo Angel Voices forum has picked up on something interesting.

I've read somewhere on the web (it was a blog or article) that Stefan isn't a Trinity BC - chorister longer. Some time ago he leaved Trinity Boys Choir I think.
I didn't know that. Maybe it's too hard to participate in 2 choirs. Although Libera is a group :wink: