US Tour Dates - Summer 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:
Lexi wrote:And Yorkie, you are VERY funny! :D
JimmyRiddle wrote:Don't feather his ego.... but yes he is sometimes Wink
I know. Good looks, charm, wit & repartee. If I didn't weigh 500 pounds I'd be quite a catch.
No way, exaggerating the weight on the spot :lol:
As far I remember all the girls at the event were making double takes on him :lol:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

plumpuff6 wrote:Who were the soloists? Were there any new soloists, or were all solos sung by members that had sung solos before?
I did a write up of the concert on my website here:
http://theliberadatabase.weebly.com/news.html

Luke sang with Stefan on Libera and Carlos had the solo on Ave Verum, but I think those are the only new soloists!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote:Who were the soloists? Were there any new soloists, or were all solos sung by members that had sung solos before?

Luke sang with Stefan on Libera and Carlos had the solo on Ave Verum, but I think those are the only new soloists!
What was Matthew and Carlos like on Ave Verum?
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

libera36 wrote:

Oh, thanks! It was great to read the review and find out who had a solo.

Wow, Ralph has really stepped up his solo work! He's featured quite a lot, along with Stefan. Sammy also seems to be rising to the occasion; how was he on "Sanctissima"?

How was Josh on "Time"--was his solo backed by others, or was it Ben's part?

And as far as Luke Collins singing with Stefan on "Libera"--does that mean the version was more like the one featured on the album Visions where (I think) Michael Horncastle and Joe SW are credited as the soloists? Anyways, congratulations to Luke for earning a solo so early in his Libera career!
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
libera36

Post by libera36 »

plumpuff6 wrote:
libera36 wrote:

Oh, thanks! It was great to read the review and find out who had a solo.

Wow, Ralph has really stepped up his solo work! He's featured quite a lot, along with Stefan. Sammy also seems to be rising to the occasion; how was he on "Sanctissima"?

How was Josh on "Time"--was his solo backed by others, or was it Ben's part?

And as far as Luke Collins singing with Stefan on "Libera"--does that mean the version was more like the one featured on the album Visions where (I think) Michael Horncastle and Joe SW are credited as the soloists? Anyways, congratulations to Luke for earning a solo so early in his Libera career!
I wish I could answer, but all my information comes second hand! I just try to report the facts from the people who are able to attend the concert (in this case Jenn and Fan_de_Lock!) for others like myself who cannot. One day though, I will report on a concert that I actually go to! I just have to go to one first. :wink:
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

According to Fan_de_LoK (Patrick), Time was Josh+Ralph+Alex singing Josh's part and Ben+Ralph+Alex singing Ben's part.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Should be Intermission about now...so hard to wait to hear how it went. :?
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Just a brief hello while we drive home..tonight was superb! Ill do a full review later..too hard posting from my phone. The church tonight only had secure internet and as hard as I tried I couldn't get into it. They were also very strict about phones.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Glad to hear it was "superb." And "we" means your mom went with you! Let us know how she liked Libera! :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

dani wrote: Thanks for a quick reply :)

How was Stefan last night? i know at Arundal he missed a few notes due to the pressure being on him. I just love him singing " how shall i sing that majesty"

And did Agnus dei start off with the flute?
You're welcome, timing is everything. My reply tonight is not nearly as fast. Stefan (and all of Libera) was fantastic tonight. This was the best performance I have seen since the 2008 tour. Everyone did a stupendous job. Stefan had a particularly challenging situation tonight. Because of the layout of the church, he was unable to join Ralph up on stage for Mysterium, so Stefan delivered his piece right in front of the audience. I would think that had to be pretty intimidating, but he came through with flying colors.

Don't remember any flute playing on Agnus dei. Certainly none performed live. With Steven away on other business, Fiona was pressed into service as a second keyboardist on some numbers. We also had a 4 piece string section that performed at both venues.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

phlibera wrote: Tom413 I'm gonna have to take your offer. Could you please ask them if they are going to return to the Philippines this year? Or if there's any plan?
I will ask in St. Louis, I don't expect there to be a definite answer.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

dani wrote: Can you please ask if there are any plans for a new concert dvd????? ... because all the fans are dying for one.
I will throw this out there as well but I'm also not expecting a definitive answer. Libera has been traditionally tightlipped about such plans, I doubt they will change their policy for me.
If they get grouchy about it, I'll ask that they not shoot the messenger. :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:What's this about Andy Winter and the Police?
I think I read it write about Patrick having a large bag with him at yesterday's concert which the Police asked to search for security purposes. Did Andy Winter object to this?
Will step in here to clear this up. Patrick was indeed carrying a knapsack with him yesterday. In our post-9/11 country this drew the attention of the Dallas police who were helping with security. Once they discovered Patrick didn't have anything that would blow up the building, all was good. The comment about Andy Winter was an attempt at humour that didn't come out right in Google translate....

As for the poster picture while it is possible Cassius and Stefan were admiring my poster (and the very modest FDL's art design) it is also possible those experessions were due to a quick impropmtu performance by Cassius of some of his voice impersonations....
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

There were actually very few true solos...but many soloists. Most "solos" were delivered as duets or trios, but here is the list.

Concert opens with an acapella solo by Stefan (like Ed Day did in 2008 with Glory to Thee My God This Night) which morphs into Adoramus (no Solo).

Libera - high solo now sung in tandem by Luke and Stefan.

Time looked like Josh (with support from Ralph and Alex) and Ben (with support from Josh, Ralph and Alex).

Sanctus - Stefan did the high solo.

O Sanctissima - Sammy had the solo unassisted

Ave Verum - This was Carlos and Jakob

Far Away - Ralph with Kavana adding the "spiritus solo"

Salva Me - Stefan delivering the Salva's verses still sung by committee

Agnus dei - Alex with support from Jakob and eventually Stefan, Daniel and Ralph.

Exsultate - Stefan unassisted

Mysterium - Stefan and Ralph co-solos in a wonderfully staged number.

Gloria - no solo

The Fountain - Ralph with some help from Ben

How Can I Keep from Singing - Sammy

When A Knight - Ralph (and Fiona :) ) there was a bit of a violin solo in there

Love + Mercy - Mini James with Freddie joining in on verse two

Deep Peace - Stefan

Stay With Me - Matthew gets the high solos, Daniel the lead solo

Going Home - First Sammy, then Daniel and finally Jakob and Ralph get featured parts

How Shall I Sing that Majesty - Stefan and Jakob
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

dani wrote:
libera36 wrote: What was Matthew and Carlos like on Ave Verum?
They didn't perform that together. Carlos was with Jakob on that song.