More Music

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Besides Libera, I listen to erm, Declan, The Choir Boys, Vienna Boys' Choir as well as country singer Billy Gilman. Not sure if anyone of you listen to their songs too? :D I mainly listen to choral music. Sort of. I listen to some pop songs as well. But my favourite is still Libera.

By the way, Libera's genre of music is exactly what genre? I can't really say it's classical right? When I ripped my New Dawn album into my music library on my laptop, it says New age (as the genre). Weird ah? :P
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

You can't trust the information the computer gives when you rip it... It gives Iron Maiden or Queen as other whereas they're obviously Metal and Rock... I think Libera is a combination of classical, church obviously and choir again obviously... altough they said it themselves, Libera music is indescribebable...
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Vocal, choral, easy listening, new age, crossover classical, unclassifiable because it's just too good??
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

you could maybe even add some pop to that.? Maybe?
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

I own The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe soundtrack. It is not one of my very favourites, but I still like it. My favourite tracks are The Blitz, 1940, Evacuating London, A Narnia Lullaby, From Western Woods to Beaversdam, To Alsan's Camp, and The Battle. Harry Gregson-Williams has an interesting style. (He seems to like to use boy choirs. :) You can hear one on From Western Woods to Beaversdam, and at least a couple other tracks.) Probably my favourite song by him, though, is Crusaders from the soundtrack Kingdom of Heaven.
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Other music

Post by Mathmaniac »

Given my parents listened to mainly classical, folk, and oldies, I grew up with a more unique repetoire than most.

Currently, other than Libera, I am a huge fan of broadway/west-end musicals, and can't wait for Billy Elliot to appear on broadway (Fall 2008!). I love shows ranging from Spamalot to Spring Awakening (2007 Tony Best New Musical) to Les Miserables (which I saw both on Broadway and in London) to my all time favourite: Sweeney Todd. The movie was good but the show is so much better.

Other than musicals, I listen to some folk (like Peter, Paul, and Mary; the Weavers; etc), classic rock (the Who, Pink Floyd, etc), sea shanties and irish drinking songs (or drinking songs in general), college a capella, some choral music, some baroque/classical/romantic (esp. Beethoven), and parodies of any type of music, because music is not completely serious and should be fun (Weird Al, Tom Lehrer, and PDQ Bach come to mind).
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
MWheeler

Post by MWheeler »

Here's a link to a fun group. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; although this song is a little out of season, it's still worth a listen. :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ha I could never memorize the words to that song, and its one of my favorite christmas songs as well :lol: but they are a pretty good group
KP

Post by KP »

What type of music do I like?
Don't get me started! :D
Besides Libera, (of course I love Libera!) I really like soundtracks.
Some favorites of mine are [i]Oliver Twist [/i]by Rachel Portman,
[i]Finding Neverland [/i]by Jan A. P. Kaczmarek (I hope I spelled his name right!)
[i]The Lord of the Rings [/i]by Howard Shore (especially [i]In Dreams [/i]and [i]Minas Tirith[/i], you gotta love those Soprano Boys!)
[i]Lady in the Water [/i]by James Newton Howard and lots of others.
Michael W. Smith's [i]Freedom[/i] is also a quite beautiful instrumental CD, and the song [i]All is Well [/i]on his CD [i]Christmas[/i] is sung by a wondrous-voiced soprano boy!
Celtic Woman is pretty good, and fun to sing along with.
I also like some classiacal music like Tchaikovsky's [i]Nutcracker[/i], and Vivaldi's [i]Four Seasons[/i].
So, that's about it!
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

No way, KP. You are naming all of my favourite music! :mrgreen:
KP

Post by KP »

Yeah, we're just so similar.
Sorry about all the wierd s
I accidentally disabled the BBCode.
joo

Post by joo »

Oh my goodness. Those are almost all my favorites, too!

Finding Neverland is so pretty, because they have so many different themes and they're all so light hearted and discribe the mood of the movie and story perfectly, but it also has slightly dark themes for the more sad moments.

I also like The Village soundtrack by James Newton Howard. I'm not overly fond of the more "scary" tracks, but the ones with all the violins and strings are so beautiful. <3 It makes me swoon.

Enya, Clannad and Loreena McKennitt are some of my "not composer" favorites. :D
Oh, Freddie. <3
William

Post by William »

I like a wide variety. I have many boy choir CDs as well as soloists. I especially like Declan Galbraith, his first two albums. What an awesome voice! I also like Barbara Streisand, Cher, John Denver, Elvis, classical, ... just about anything but rap which I cannot stand!
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Somehow failed to mention The Greatest Game Ever Played by Brian Tyler. I like it; a fun and well-done score.

I love music. I love music! It's amazing, it's beautiful, it's... indescribable! I love it!
I love it as much as I love characters! And that's really quite impressive. :wink:
joo

Post by joo »

Oh, The Greatest Game Ever Played is really good. I like "Broken Dreams", I think it's called. I want to buy it. <3 Also, The Fountain is a gorgeous soundtrack. Dario Marianelli is one of my favorite composers, too; the Pride and Prejudice score matches the book and movie completely, and the Atonement score is amazing, because it weaves the typewriter, almost like symbolizing a character into the music. I like the more insightful music that has stuff symbolizing other things/chracters. Not quite sure why, though. :P
Oh, Freddie. <3