Ralph singing Far Away!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

libera36 wrote:
TEB wrote:
libera36 wrote:
Its playing fine for me... :?
Still no link on my screen but that hardly matters anyways. Can't watch streaming vids with dialup.
What if somebody emailed you the video? Would you be able to see it then? :?

Still the same issue though. With dialup, a 4 minute video would take upwards to 2 hours to download. Thanks though, it is a good thought. I will just have to be patient until my source makes me a cd with them on.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Tom im quite moved to travel out to your area on a day off, find a library with free wifi and let you watch ALL the available videos you want to watch!
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

irishoreo wrote:Tom im quite moved to travel out to your area on a day off, find a library with free wifi and let you watch ALL the available videos you want to watch!
Now how nice is that :D Tom, no need to miss out any longer. By the way, do you only get free wifi in places like libraries over in the US? Quite a few places over in the UK provide free wifi (cafés, pubs, etc). Patrick normally manages to pick up a free connection when he is sat outside a cathedral at 8 in the morning blogging to pass the time!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Yorkie wrote:
irishoreo wrote:Tom im quite moved to travel out to your area on a day off, find a library with free wifi and let you watch ALL the available videos you want to watch!
Now how nice is that :D Tom, no need to miss out any longer. By the way, do you only get free wifi in places like libraries over in the US? Quite a few places over in the UK provide free wifi (cafés, pubs, etc). Patrick normally manages to pick up a free connection when he is sat outside a cathedral at 8 in the morning blogging to pass the time!

No we can get free wifi at a McDonalds, Most Cafes, if you sit outside of an Atlantic Bread Company establishment...Barnes and Nobles.

I just said library because in how Tom describes his area of living a library may be the only place to have wifi period....
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

irishoreo wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

No we can get free wifi at a McDonalds, Most Cafes, if you sit outside of an Atlantic Bread Company establishment...Barnes and Nobles.

I just said library because in how Tom describes his area of living a library may be the only place to have wifi period....
Blimey, where does he live - Wales?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Now i don't think hes THAT far from civilization lol
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I was just sitting here listening to Micheal H's version and realised each version of Far Away has gotten worse and worse.

It is such a wonderful song and one of my favorites but Mini Ben and now Ralph and Mini Ben just dont do the song justice and it now sounds half the song it was .
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

dani wrote:I was just sitting here listening to Micheal H's version and realised each version of Far Away has gotten worse and worse.

It is such a wonderful song and one of my favorites but Mini Ben and now Ralph and Mini Ben just dont do the song justice and it now sounds half the song it was .
Well I'm not sure if that's 100% fair to say. Like most people, I do prefer Michael's version, but that is usually the case with me: I prefer the original soloist's work on a song compared to its successors. Still I think that each soloist has given the song a new interpretation and it is quite interesting to hear other boys sing it.

I think it is difficult to compare Michael, Tom, Ben and Ralph's versions since Michael's version that we have all come to cherish was a studio version, and Tom's performance, along with Ben and Ralph's, was live. In addition, the sound quality was poor in the most recent version and probably the studio they sang in was not truly equipped for a singing performance.

Also, even when Michael sang the song live in Japan back in 2006 and so on, he was an experienced soloist. I believe that this is one of Ralph's first solos, especially live.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

plumpuff6 wrote:
dani wrote:I was just sitting here listening to Micheal H's version and realised each version of Far Away has gotten worse and worse.

Well I'm not sure if that's 100% fair to say. Like most people, I do prefer Michael's version, but that is usually the case with me: I prefer the original soloist's work on a song compared to its successors. Still I think that each soloist has given the song a new interpretation and it is quite interesting to hear other boys sing it.

I think it is difficult to compare Michael, Tom, Ben and Ralph's versions since Michael's version that we have all come to cherish was a studio version, and Tom's performance, along with Ben and Ralph's, was live. In addition, the sound quality was poor in the most recent version and probably the studio they sang in was not truly equipped for a singing performance.

Also, even when Michael sang the song live in Japan back in 2006 and so on, he was an experienced soloist. I believe that this is one of Ralph's first solos, especially live.
I like Ben and Ralphs voices i just dont like them on this song. I was not a fan when Ben sang it last year as he does not have that quality that Michael had. The way Ben sings it is harsher to the ears.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

dani wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote:

I like Ben and Ralphs voices i just dont like them on this song. I was not a fan when Ben sang it last year as he does not have that quality that Michael had. The way Ben sings it is harsher to the ears.
As much as I like Ben, I do agree with you that it does sound rough at times. To me and probably the rest of the listeners, Michael's smooth and creamy tone is what became the benchmark and it will stay like that. Unfortunately, we cannot bring Michael back from the time they recorded the piece to perform with them right now.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie wrote:
irishoreo wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

Blimey, where does he live - Wales?

No, not Wales. I do live on the foot of a small mountain though. But, there is a couple of strip malls within about 15 minutes drive and one has a McD's.
Maybe we can meet someday but I really only have one more free weekend before the 2010 re-enacting season gets underway.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."