Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie wrote:No problem - 01903 882268 (it's the Tourist Info shop).

I could have collected mine because I'm going on Friday but for 50p I thought it was easier.

Yorkie,
Do you think you could scare me up some autographs? I will email you my snail mail and repay you the postage. Probably my last chance to get Joshua's or Liam's.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:

I could have collected mine because I'm going on Friday but for 50p I thought it was easier.

Yorkie,
Do you think you could scare me up some autographs? I will email you my snail mail and repay you the postage. Probably my last chance to get Joshua's or Liam's.
Hi Tom,

If the chance is there I will but they have stopped doing meet and greets/signing sessions over here - I think they are afraid of us :( They didn't give the opportunity at any of the four concerts they gave in the UK and Ireland last year so I can't see them changing that this time round unfortunately.

If the chance arose what would you prefer it on - The Peace picture insert? Let me know and I'll make sure I have it with me (I have all the albums so I can get any one of the covers signed). Think I already have your address 8)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie wrote:
TEB wrote:

Yorkie,
Hi Tom,

If the chance is there I will but they have stopped doing meet and greets/signing sessions over here - I think they are afraid of us :( They didn't give the opportunity at any of the four concerts they gave in the UK and Ireland last year so I can't see them changing that this time round unfortunately.

If the chance arose what would you prefer it on - The Peace picture insert? Let me know and I'll make sure I have it with me (I have all the albums so I can get any one of the covers signed). Think I already have your address 8)
The Peace picture would be fine. But, if they don't do a M&G, no worries. Unless you want to try what Urs did last year in Dublin and hang out by the stage door and the bus to catch them.
Course, you would have to get by Mrs. G and she looks like a stone wall sometimes as far as the safety of the boys in concerned.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
TEB wrote:

Yorkie,
Hi Tom,

The Peace picture would be fine. But, if they don't do a M&G, no worries. Unless you want to try what Urs did last year in Dublin and hang out by the stage door and the bus to catch them.
Course, you would have to get by Mrs. G and she looks like a stone wall sometimes as far as the safety of the boys in concerned.
I'm not going to door step them - if they do a signing I'll get something for you but if not (and I'm not expecting it to be honest) then I'll leave them be.

Mercy & Love
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Yorkie,
I didn't really expect you to do that. It was to be a joke. You would never get past Mrs. G. or AW anyways to get to them. If you watch the Dublin video of Urs, you can see Mrs.G. telling someone to back off from the door before she would let the boys outside.
Fame comes with a price that some don't want to pay.
It is a shame that they won't implement the M&G security measures I sent to them that TSO uses. There would be no more problems. They used them in the Asian tour.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is it really so much a matter of security or more a matter of timing and legal restraints on child performers? Isn't there some sort of UK law on how late a child performer may work?

Venue may also be a problem when they perform in churches.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is it really so much a matter of security or more a matter of timing and legal restraints on child performers? Isn't there some sort of UK law on how late a child performer may work?

Venue may also be a problem when they perform in churches.
Hmmh, I bought in to this argument last year but when I've tried to confirm it I can't find anything to corroborate it.

School age children need a license to be able to perform in a an event where a fee is charged (although they seem to be able to do 3 or 4 shows in a six month period without a license). They can only 'work' for 4 hours before having a break.

But I can't find where it says that kids can't do a two hour show and then attend a meet and greet. Having said that, I think it is not unreasonable to say kids of 10/11/12, etc shouldn't be kept up doing signings after 10.00 pm - but then why do it abroad? Incidentally, it seems that British kids performing abroad do so under the same regulations that apply in the UK (well actually I think Scotland may have it's own laws).

Now, I've not done exhaustive research and I'm not a lawyer but if anybody can point me in the direction of the relevant laws that stop a meet and greet in the UK I'd be very interested to read it.

I'm back to thinking it is more about the safety of the boys than it is about the legal restrictions.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It is do with safety and not work hours. They did a meet and greet at QEH and it was only last year in this country thet stopped with Meet and Greets due to parents being concerned about certain things.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:It is do with safety and not work hours. They did a meet and greet at QEH and it was only last year in this country thet stopped with Meet and Greets due to parents being concerned about certain things.
And I have to say I'm fine with it. Saddened, but I give the parents and the Libera adults my 100% support to do what they believe is in the best interests of the kids.

Nothing else matters as much as their safety.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:It is do with safety and not work hours. They did a meet and greet at QEH and it was only last year in this country thet stopped with Meet and Greets due to parents being concerned about certain things.
And I have to say I'm fine with it. Saddened, but I give the parents and the Libera adults my 100% support to do what they believe is in the best interests of the kids.

Nothing else matters as much as their safety.
Exactly i am bitter about it but if there are some concerns then its there right to protect them and do whats best.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

I thought the lack of a meet and greet last year was because of them having to do the morning church service back in St Phillips the following morning - its abit harsh for them to have to stay up until probably close to 11 then be up early the next morning!
However if it is safety reasons then your all right, we just need to respect them - we wouldnt want anything to happen to anyone!
Danie :D
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

danieb88 wrote:However if it is safety reasons then your all right, we just need to respect them - we wouldnt want anything to happen to anyone!
Exactly! Remember, you have future stars in the makings, whether it be a singer, athlete, millionaire, or even the future Prime Minister of UK, and we all do not want anything to happen to them, right :wink: ?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks Yorkie i got my ticket now :)
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Alot of the m&g issues stems from the 2009 tour in the US. Some people gave the adults a "story" on why they should be allowed to be behind the table for personal photos to be taken with them with their arms around the boys. Like the Titanic, the m&g's sank after that.
The Asian m&g's are allowed I believe due to the heavy security provided, especially in the Philipines.
I would suspect that if they do come to the US in 2010, there will either be no m&g's or there will be with very heavy security so there will not be any repeat of 2009.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Leave it to some of my freakin fellow Americans to screw up for all of us!!! :evil: :evil:
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou